Wanted: Leak Stereo 30

For Sale/Wanted
Forum rules
Note that Tir Na HiFi does not take any responsibility for transactions arranged or carried out here. It is up to the seller and buyer to check each other out! Please be sensible folks, and if there is something you think is wrong, let a mod know, OK?

To make it as clear as we can, here are some simple guidelines:

a) like any forum, the success of tirnahifi is entirely dependent on discussion. All members are encouraged to participate in discussion of music, hifi, etc.
b) tirnahifi is not designed to be, nor intended to be, a marketplace. Any member who uses the site merely for selling will be looked on suspiciously.
c) those members who choose to sell on the site should be aware that the mods do keep an eye on the stuff for sale, plus the demeanour of the seller. Sometimes we may lock/delete/ban a sales thread on this basis.
d) honesty is paramount in all selling transactions. Commercial sellers who label themselves as such are accepted at the discretion of the moderating team.
e) All ads have to include information about age, price, provenance, etc.
f) THE MODERATING TEAM RESERVE THE RIGHT TO REMOVE ANY ADS AT THEIR DISCRETION.
g) Commercial sellers should approach any of the moderation team in advance of posting. First time commercial posts without moderator contact will be removed.
Rob

Wanted: Leak Stereo 30

Post by Rob »

Hello all

Just wondered if anyone has a Leak Stereo 30 (or Stereo 30 Plus) integrated transistor amplifier that they are interested in loaning (based in Dublin) or selling as I wanted to write a few words on its history as one of the first hi-fi solid state amps.
tony

Re: Wanted: Leak Stereo 30

Post by tony »

Give willsandbills a pm he knows a guy in Galway who I have conversed with through adverts.ie but have lost the contact details. Charlie is his name and in my discussions with him with would you believe a cyrus amp he was offering me a variety of Leak amps.
GroupBuySD DAC/First Watt AlephJ/NigeAmp/Audio PC's/Lampi L4.5 Dac/ Groupbuy AD1862 DHT Dac /Quad ESL63's.Tannoy Legacy Cheviots.
Rob

Post by Rob »

Many thanks Tony! I'll give Wills a shout soon.
tony

Post by tony »

Found him! http://www.adverts.ie/home-audio/lamm-l ... mp/5358332
If you get one would love to hear it on my 57's
GroupBuySD DAC/First Watt AlephJ/NigeAmp/Audio PC's/Lampi L4.5 Dac/ Groupbuy AD1862 DHT Dac /Quad ESL63's.Tannoy Legacy Cheviots.
Rob

Post by Rob »

Thanks for that! I'll have to set up an account with Adverts.ie so will see if Wills has his contact details first. Would indeed be interesting too hear how those old germanium transistor amps sound with QUAD 57s so will give you a shout if I get a hold of one.
willsandbills

Post by willsandbills »

ill ask charlie if he has one for sale ?

willie
Rob

Post by Rob »

Thanks Willie - the Stereo 30 is the ideal but the later Stereo 30 Plus might be ok too. A rental (with some sort of satisfactory arrangement that looks after his interests) would be fine if he doesn't want to part with it.