MQN

Anything to do with computer audio, hardware, software etc.
sbgk

Re: MQN

Post by sbgk »

uploaded control 4.23 avx2, think it's better than 4.21, anyway

still ridiculous how much the sound is affected by the code, really need to lose the code and play via hardware.

think 4.23/9.10 hits a sweetspot

sounds mighty fine
Last edited by sbgk on Wed Jan 21, 2015 12:04 am, edited 3 times in total.
sbgk

Post by sbgk »

tony wrote:9.10avx2ciunas and 4.21control. Great depth of detail clarity. Have an SSD belonging to Pearse found it in a box as you do! Tried it to see if it would boot in IDE(no joy) but the version of MQn was a good bit older. Really big difference when I switched back to my SSD and latest MQn. Eh! can I do the request for multiple versions of this latest one for Scalford? Big7 is going and a herd of assistants for Pearse. Hopefully you can pop along Gordon?
am tempted to pop along to Scalford, hear what it sounds like on a proper system.

what do you mean by multiple versions ? hirez ?
sbgk

Post by sbgk »

Clive wrote:
2channelaudio wrote:Hi Gordon,

Any idea when the majority will be able to try the latest versions of Mqn on their devices?

Keen to have a listen with my yellowtec puc 2 lite.

Cheers
Me too with my Octave mkII (M2Tech USB card).
can't you edit the exe or is there another issue ?
Clive

Post by Clive »

sbgk wrote:
Clive wrote:
2channelaudio wrote:Hi Gordon,

Any idea when the majority will be able to try the latest versions of Mqn on their devices?

Keen to have a listen with my yellowtec puc 2 lite.

Cheers
Me too with my Octave mkII (M2Tech USB card).
can't you edit the exe or is there another issue ?
I'll try to find time to digest the last few weeks of the thread, I've clearly missed something about how to get current Mqn running. Also I'm not clear whether Haswell is required now.
sebna

Post by sebna »

Clive - check the first post on page 650 to get quick overview of what to do to potentially get it going on your device.

Cheers
i5@800mhz haswell, 16gb @800mhz, H87 mb with PPA TCXO, PPA V1 USB
no storage of any kind, SATA disabled in BIOS, RAMos, W2012 R2, AO 1.26, MQN
Teradak ATX LPSU 210W & 5v LPSU for clean 5v to DAC
Meitner MA-1, Primare Pre30 + A33.2, Zingali HM 2.10+
sbgk

Post by sbgk »

Clive wrote:I'll try to find time to digest the last few weeks of the thread, I've clearly missed something about how to get current Mqn running. Also I'm not clear whether Haswell is required now.
yes, latest are haswell only, shall do others in a week or so
tony

Post by tony »

sbgk wrote:
tony wrote:9.10avx2ciunas and 4.21control. Great depth of detail clarity. Have an SSD belonging to Pearse found it in a box as you do! Tried it to see if it would boot in IDE(no joy) but the version of MQn was a good bit older. Really big difference when I switched back to my SSD and latest MQn. Eh! can I do the request for multiple versions of this latest one for Scalford? Big7 is going and a herd of assistants for Pearse. Hopefully you can pop along Gordon?
am tempted to pop along to Scalford, hear what it sounds like on a proper system.

Would be great to meet up. Same story as last year I suppose Pearse (and me) are a bit more battle hardened and know the ropes this time. It would be nice to be able to play the latest version with various hires types so no faffing around just use the one. 24/88, 24/96 covers most stuff. I have some 24/48 and some 24/192. MQn for everything except DSD I might be a bit presumptious maybe Pearse would prefer use VLC!
GroupBuySD DAC/First Watt AlephJ/NigeAmp/Audio PC's/Lampi L4.5 Dac/ Groupbuy AD1862 DHT Dac /Quad ESL63's.Tannoy Legacy Cheviots.
sbgk

Post by sbgk »

tony wrote:
sbgk wrote:

Would be great to meet up. Same story as last year I suppose Pearse (and me) are a bit more battle hardened and know the ropes this time. It would be nice to be able to play the latest version with various hires types so no faffing around just use the one. 24/88, 24/96 covers most stuff. I have some 24/48 and some 24/192. MQn for everything except DSD I might be a bit presumptious maybe Pearse would prefer use VLC!
getting a dsd dac this week, so might get dsd 128, is that the 176 dop format ?
sebna

Post by sebna »

uuu DSD in MQN would be great !
i5@800mhz haswell, 16gb @800mhz, H87 mb with PPA TCXO, PPA V1 USB
no storage of any kind, SATA disabled in BIOS, RAMos, W2012 R2, AO 1.26, MQN
Teradak ATX LPSU 210W & 5v LPSU for clean 5v to DAC
Meitner MA-1, Primare Pre30 + A33.2, Zingali HM 2.10+
Aleg

Post by Aleg »

sbgk wrote:
getting a dsd dac this week, so might get dsd 128, is that the 176 dop format ?
DSD64 can be handled in 176kHz DOP for sure.
DSD128 can also be done inside 176kHz DOP, but I'm not sure if a different encoding is used. I'm not in the clear about the standard for encoding of DSD128.

DSD256 and higher is done only in native DSD bitstreaming into an ASIO-driver.
HDPLEX;picoPSU;ASUS Q87M;i7-4770T;PH SR7EHD;Server2012R2;Thesycon 2.24;
JCAT USB;Sonicweld DiverterHR2;Naim DC1;Chord Hugo;Morrow Audio MA6;Naim NAC-282,SuperCapDR;NAP-300;
AQ Cinnamon;GISO GB;Netgear Pro+XM21X;Cisco SG300;NAS-ZFS.