MQN

Anything to do with computer audio, hardware, software etc.
heathkit

Re: MQN

Post by heathkit »

sbgk wrote:
heathkit wrote:
sbgk wrote: is there anything in files.txt ? is there a paste.exe in the directory ?

don't have a win7 machine, but it may still work on win7, think wasapi doesn't but ks might.
Yes and yes.

Hoping someone who's running on Win 7 can help out.
don't think it's a win7 issue, sounds like the .bat file is the issue

here is mine

@echo off

cd c:\musicplayer

Title MQn - Just good music ...
Thank you! That batch file works.
grisaia

Post by grisaia »

don't think it's a win7 issue, sounds like the .bat file is the issue

here is mine
I tried it with mqnplay 8.80 normal, my win7x64 almost completely froze, I could only use ctrl+alt+delete
Octagon

Post by Octagon »

heathkit wrote: If someone knows the fix for this I would greatly appreciate it. Also is there a place where the best configs/tweaks for using MQN on Win 7? Also what are the latest/best MQNcontrol.exe and MQNplay.exe files for Win 7.
TioFrancotirdor wrote:I have tried running MQN in several Win7 machines (mine and my friends). No success. Neither wasapi nor ks worked.
grisaia wrote:I tried it with mqnplay 8.80 normal, my win7x64 almost completely froze, I could only use ctrl+alt+delete
Hi All,
I checked my notes for you: The last versions working with W7 are mqncontrol.exe 3.65 and mqnplay1644.exe 24 bit 7.39 normal. You need to add portaudio_x64.dll v57 normal renamed as portaudio_x64.dll to your MQn folder. In addition you need to add listwdmksdevices.exe to your MQn folder. Build an empty txt file named mqnparam.txt in your MQn folder. Now run listwdmksdevices.exe which should give you a list of your output devices. Put the number of the device you want to use as text in the mqnparam.txt, nothing else, and store it. Now try again, it should work. It still works with my old W7 PC. Gordon gave at that time the information that this would be the last version working with W7, so I have never tested a newer one on my W7 OS.

You should find all files in the archive.

I keep my fingers crossed ;)
Enjoy
Thomas
Coax tractrix horn system 2 corner subwoofer / 6 full digital amplifier D802 floating PSU 12V battery / digital XO/DRC / 2 PC floating PSU picoless battery/Mutec REF 10/2x Mutec MC3.1+ USB floating PSU 6V/FireFace UCX floating PSU 12V battery/Mutec MC-4
sbgk

Post by sbgk »

sbgk wrote:
cvrle59 wrote:I am wondering if anyone is using these newest versions with mqnload. Could that be the reason why I experience issues?
4.12 might be better, think it's the control interfering with some other program
4.12 sets the bytes to 0 before loading
4.13 doesn't do anything before loading the data
4.14 sets to 255

think I prefer 4.12, 4.13 sounds a bit strained.

am so impressed with the gustard u12 am going to get an x12 dac to give me i2s connection to u12 and pcm 384 and dsd dop 128 to see what dsd is all about. poor man's hugo.
grisaia

Post by grisaia »

You should find all files in the archive.
Unfortunately it seems they got removed from archive :/
sbgk

Post by sbgk »

not sure if been discussed before, but there seems to be a difference/improvement when running as administrator

eg right mouse click on mqn.bat and select run as administrator

or create a shortcut and configure it to run as administrator, that's what I've done with mqnload.
iori

Post by iori »

with i7 3770 ivy bridge, 9.09 avx2 cuinas + control 4.11 / 4.12 / 4.13 freeze the screen after cmd window appears. 4.13 even had to use hardware reset. Time to get a haswell.
9.09 avx2 cuinas + control 3.07 is very tempting. Instrumental position is rock firm and harmonics stays intact.
sbgk

Post by sbgk »

iori wrote:with i7 3770 ivy bridge, 9.09 avx2 cuinas + control 4.11 / 4.12 / 4.13 freeze the screen after cmd window appears. 4.13 even had to use hardware reset. Time to get a haswell.
9.09 avx2 cuinas + control 3.07 is very tempting. Instrumental position is rock firm and harmonics stays intact.
I've seen a couple of comments elsewhere saying that the chip after haswell (broadwell ?) is the one to get - due out this year, as it will allow fanless operation as well as 512 bit instructions, so might want to wait for that, even if it's just to get a cheap haswell. My haswell laptop runs pretty cool, never aware that the fan comes on during playback. I will be tempted to build a dedicated audio PC with a broadwell, though.
nige2000

Post by nige2000 »

I run my Haswell with the fan disconnected it's barely warm
is Broadwell not Just for mobile and mobo with the cpu soldered on?
We could be waiting to almost 2016 for a skylake 512 bit dedicated audio pc

Anyway Jonathan has just gone Haswell ; )
sd card player, modded soekris dac, class a lifepo4 amp or gb class a/b amp, diy open baffle speakers based on project audio mundorf trio 10's
sbgk

Post by sbgk »