MQN

Anything to do with computer audio, hardware, software etc.
sbgk

Re: MQN

Post by sbgk »

not sure about control or 0, adds some digital feel to the sound.

improved control sq and control.exe 3.66 is the result, should be smoother.

seems like the activity happening when writing to ram affects the sq in some way.
iori

Post by iori »

1) type under google search and select translate the page : aktives-hoeren.de/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=5848

2) https://translate.google.com/
- copy the content from the .pdf to the source panel

cheers
iori
Aleg

Post by Aleg »

sbgk wrote:not sure about control or 0, adds some digital feel to the sound.

improved control sq and control.exe 3.66 is the result, should be smoother.

seems like the activity happening when writing to ram affects the sq in some way.

mqncontrol 3.67 and 3.68 don't play on my setup

mqncontrol or 0 and 3.66 loose resolution compared to 3.64 and become a bit soggy in style.
HDPLEX;picoPSU;ASUS Q87M;i7-4770T;PH SR7EHD;Server2012R2;Thesycon 2.24;
JCAT USB;Sonicweld DiverterHR2;Naim DC1;Chord Hugo;Morrow Audio MA6;Naim NAC-282,SuperCapDR;NAP-300;
AQ Cinnamon;GISO GB;Netgear Pro+XM21X;Cisco SG300;NAS-ZFS.
Fujak

Post by Fujak »

Aleg wrote:mqncontrol 3.67 and 3.68 don't play on my setup

mqncontrol or 0 and 3.66 loose resolution compared to 3.64 and become a bit soggy in style.
same to me; mqncontrol 3.68 doesn't work. 3.64 with MQn 8.91 works an sounds very detailed.
PC: i5, 8GB RAM, SSD, WS 2012 R2 (64bit) RAM loaded, AO | DDC: XMOS-WaveIO
10MHz-Master-Clock: Morion MV89 | Reclocker-Cascade: 3x Mutec MC-3+ | DAC: Audio-GD Master 7
Preamp: Audio-GD Master 1 | Speaker: Adam Tensor Epsilon | Sub: Teufel M11000 THX II
sbgk

Post by sbgk »

Fujak wrote:

same to me; mqncontrol 3.68 doesn't work. 3.64 with MQn 8.91 works an sounds very detailed.
3.68 does work, it doesn't play the first track, so need to select more than one track and then only the second onwards will play.

Shall fix today, but it's worth trying 3.68 - I think there is an improvement. This is all unexpected, the bits in ram are affected by the load process or rather the sound of the bits is affected.
sbgk

Post by sbgk »

I suppose an interesting question is whether the wav file can be loaded and saved back to a wav file in a way that improves the sq, without manipulating the bits, just doing it in as quiet a way as possible.
Aleg

Post by Aleg »

sbgk wrote:
Fujak wrote:

3.68 does work, it doesn't play the first track, so need to select more than one track and then only the second onwards will play.

Shall fix today, but it's worth trying 3.68 - I think there is an improvement. This is all unexpected, the bits in ram are affected by the load process or rather the sound of the bits is affected.
Indeed 3.68 does work this way.
Created a silent .wav of 10ms which I select together with the music to be played.
HDPLEX;picoPSU;ASUS Q87M;i7-4770T;PH SR7EHD;Server2012R2;Thesycon 2.24;
JCAT USB;Sonicweld DiverterHR2;Naim DC1;Chord Hugo;Morrow Audio MA6;Naim NAC-282,SuperCapDR;NAP-300;
AQ Cinnamon;GISO GB;Netgear Pro+XM21X;Cisco SG300;NAS-ZFS.
Octagon

Post by Octagon »

sbgk wrote:3.68 does work, it doesn't play the first track, so need to select more than one track and then only the second onwards will play.
That fixed the problem. 3.68 is good improvement, adds clarity and details resulting in better orientation:
3.68 > 3.64 > or 0 > x

MQnplay 8.91 avx2 sounds best with my system, so my favourite is 3.68 with 8,91 avx2 now. Since using OS from RAM I recognize much more impact of the changes, guess related to the pretty faster sytem in RAM maybe even because of growing experience ;) Compared sq of the same hardware setup/OS is: OS in RAM > OS on SSD > OS on VHD where OS in RAM is by far the best.

Enjoy
Thomas
Coax tractrix horn system 2 corner subwoofer / 6 full digital amplifier D802 floating PSU 12V battery / digital XO/DRC / 2 PC floating PSU picoless battery/Mutec REF 10/2x Mutec MC3.1+ USB floating PSU 6V/FireFace UCX floating PSU 12V battery/Mutec MC-4
Octagon

Post by Octagon »

sbgk wrote:
Octagon wrote:
sbgk wrote:Can do a build for cuinas owners to prove the point (only because have had problems getting other devices to work), if you can provide the device name as per the ksstudio app discussed a few pages back.
Gordon, could that work for my FireFace UCX as well?
should do, is it a device or an audio card ?
It is a device. Did run KSStudio with the following result (edit: pls ignore that one line is highlighted):

Analog (1+2) would be what I normally use as input for the device and analog (5+6) is my output. As analog(5+6) is choosen by MQn as it is the first device I needed to change the FireFace setup. It works fine. As I am preparing to test the new Mutec MC-1.2 bidirectional USB digital audio interface I am not sure if it would sign in as first device. I am looking for a chance to choose the device, maybe you can give me an idea with the example of the FireFace. In case not I will try to switch other devices off for testing.

Thanks
Thomas
Coax tractrix horn system 2 corner subwoofer / 6 full digital amplifier D802 floating PSU 12V battery / digital XO/DRC / 2 PC floating PSU picoless battery/Mutec REF 10/2x Mutec MC3.1+ USB floating PSU 6V/FireFace UCX floating PSU 12V battery/Mutec MC-4
tony

Post by tony »

Quick listen late last night with the 0 and 1 controls briefly thought they were strange but 8.91avx if my memory cells are working sounded way better on my dac then Jplay did earlier. Without going back and checking various previous MQn's this 8.91avx I think is a big leap. Personally I am struggling to hear any major differences in the last batches of versions and believed for me anyhow(maybe hearing is fried) I just couldn't detect any discernible advances. But this version I think seems the biz. If only we could test all hires versions and DSD on this level it would be interesting to hear what a good DSD recording would sound like with MQn (wel more than interesting)
GroupBuySD DAC/First Watt AlephJ/NigeAmp/Audio PC's/Lampi L4.5 Dac/ Groupbuy AD1862 DHT Dac /Quad ESL63's.Tannoy Legacy Cheviots.