David Adams at St. Michael's

Diapason

David Adams at St. Michael's

Post by Diapason »

It's a little known fact that, despite being an organist myself, I struggle to *really* enjoy the vast majority of organ concerts I attend. No such problems last Sunday at St. Michael's in Dun Laoghaire, where David Adams put in an absolutely awesome display of musicianship and virtuosity. Even Dervan agreed:

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/fea ... 49942.html

I would encourage anyone who has even a passing interest in the organ to try to catch a David Adams recital at some point.
Nerdcave: ...is no more! :(
Sitting Room: Wadia 581SE - Rega Planar 3/AT VM95ML & SH - Bluesound Node II - Copland CSA 100 - Audioplan Kontrast 3
Kitchen: WiiM Pro - Wadia 151 - B&W 685s2
Seán

Re: David Adams at St. Michael's

Post by Seán »

Thanks for the information Si, perhaps you will post a message and let us know the next time he is performing in Dublin.
"To appreciate the greatness of the Masters is to keep faith in the greatness of humanity." - Wilhelm Furtwängler
Diapason

Post by Diapason »

I'll do that. I don't like always harping on about organ concerts, cos I know they're a niche interest, but we're genuinely fortunate to have some really top-drawer players living and performing locally.
Nerdcave: ...is no more! :(
Sitting Room: Wadia 581SE - Rega Planar 3/AT VM95ML & SH - Bluesound Node II - Copland CSA 100 - Audioplan Kontrast 3
Kitchen: WiiM Pro - Wadia 151 - B&W 685s2
Seán

Post by Seán »

Diapason wrote:I'll do that. I don't like always harping on about organ concerts,
Well it's preferable to "organing" on about a harp concert. [snigger]
cos I know they're a niche interest, but we're genuinely fortunate to have some really top-drawer players living and performing locally.
Well those of us who listen to classical music are in the minority too so you should feel at home in here. [wink]
"To appreciate the greatness of the Masters is to keep faith in the greatness of humanity." - Wilhelm Furtwängler
fergus

Post by fergus »

Diapason wrote:I'll do that. I don't like always harping on about organ concerts, cos I know they're a niche interest, but we're genuinely fortunate to have some really top-drawer players living and performing locally.
I would not worry about "harping" on Simon as we would be glad to hear of upcoming events....I would have been there to listen to him if I had known that he was performing.
To be is to do: Socrates
To do is to be: Sartre
Do be do be do: Sinatra