Electronica - what are you listening to?

Rock/Blues/Jazz/World/Folk/Country etc.
cybot

Re: Electronica - what are you listening to?

Post by cybot »

Re: Electronic(a) Sampler:

Just to make it clear that it is just that, a sampler ie something to have a quick listen to on headphones. I just finished Vol.2 (two discs) a short while ago and the whole day I agonised over this,that and the other.Then it suddenly dawned on me that it is what it is....a sampler. So instead of re-importing/vinyl recording everything I hit on the brainwave of just using what I already recorded over the years from my iAudio device and dumped it into iTunes.I managed to get a massive 8 and half hours on one disc?!?! As I've never ever used discs for this purpose before I wondered just how many hours would fit onto a disc....So Dave the next batch will be with you soon....BTW I decided to devote the first disc to the old school of electronic artists (Schulze,Roach,Burmer,TG etc ) and the second one is devoted to the new school (Pansonic,Isan,Murcof,David Mooney,Lackluster etc )
Diapason

Post by Diapason »

DaveF wrote:
cybot wrote:Image
Available on vinyl?
Dude, if you want a bigger picture just say so.
Nerdcave: ...is no more! :(
Sitting Room: Wadia 581SE - Rega Planar 3/AT VM95ML & SH - Bluesound Node II - Copland CSA 100 - Audioplan Kontrast 3
Kitchen: WiiM Pro - Wadia 151 - B&W 685s2
cybot

Post by cybot »

Diapason wrote:
DaveF wrote:
cybot wrote:Image
Available on vinyl?
Dude, if you want a bigger picture just say so.
LOL :-))))))
cybot

Post by cybot »

Listening to this last night and enjoying it thoroughly until......I put on Side 2 (for some obscure reason I rarely play!) and the first track rudely interrupted my little reverie :-( What followed nearly drove me round the bend as I frantically tried to find the 'fault'. In the end I turned off the system in disgust and went to bed. This morning I hit on a brainwave. I decided to listen to an mp3 file available on the Boomkat site and lo and behold..... I won't spoil it, so have a listen yourself and, tell me, would you have reacted the same way ..... It's track 7 (Amber) by the way. Don't forget to click on 'Reveal 10 More Tracks'...

http://boomkat.com/downloads/27060-isan ... -in-pencil
cybot

Post by cybot »

In a drone/noise/ambient mood this weekend and trying to remember the feeling of the wonders of going into
Road records when all the others failed me :-(

With Nana April Jun on the flip side (Sun Wind Darkness Eye) and steals the show :-)
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

cybot wrote:Listening to this last night and enjoying it thoroughly until......I put on Side 2 (for some obscure reason I rarely play!) and the first track rudely interrupted my little reverie :-( What followed nearly drove me round the bend as I frantically tried to find the 'fault'. In the end I turned off the system in disgust and went to bed. This morning I hit on a brainwave. I decided to listen to an mp3 file available on the Boomkat site and lo and behold..... I won't spoil it, so have a listen yourself and, tell me, would you have reacted the same way .....
Yep. I've come across a few tracks like that which have made me break out in a cold sweat on first litsen.
I accept that sometimes electronica (and other genres of course) can get closer to noise than "music" but I do think samples like that are just taking the pi$$.
Vinyl -anything else is data storage.

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable
stigpepper

Post by stigpepper »

cybot

Post by cybot »

Ivor wrote:
cybot wrote:Listening to this last night and enjoying it thoroughly until......I put on Side 2 (for some obscure reason I rarely play!) and the first track rudely interrupted my little reverie :-( What followed nearly drove me round the bend as I frantically tried to find the 'fault'. In the end I turned off the system in disgust and went to bed. This morning I hit on a brainwave. I decided to listen to an mp3 file available on the Boomkat site and lo and behold..... I won't spoil it, so have a listen yourself and, tell me, would you have reacted the same way .....
Yep. I've come across a few tracks like that which have made me break out in a cold sweat on first litsen.
I accept that sometimes electronica (and other genres of course) can get closer to noise than "music" but I do think samples like that are just taking the pi$$.
Indeed they are Ivor but there's 'noise' and malfunctions masquerading as 'noise'. I nearly had a fit I tell you! I was sure it was something a lot more serious...
cybot

Post by cybot »

Three beautiful examples of the so called doom/metal genre (sic).Sounds closer to sublime Electronic noise... as good as it gets :)

Knive (Type)

Kappe (Type)

Til Setters (A Room Forever)
cybot

Post by cybot »

His very first Live album from 1980, dubbed from cassette recordings?

Kevin Drumm : Ist (1997) Reissued for the first time on vinyl a while back.You want to hear
the real sound of the electric guitar? Be afraid,be very afraid :)

Genre: Dark Ambient/Drone/Metal. Makes everything else in this category laughable :)