MQN

Anything to do with computer audio, hardware, software etc.
sbgk

Re: MQN

Post by sbgk »

minionas wrote:Are you guys listening to the latest mqn's with mmcs or without?
I use it with mmcss disabled. MQnplay no longer registers itself with MMCSS pro audio, so not sure what effect it has.

It does hog the cpu though without mmcss, so maybe mmcss gives a better balance of cpu use.
minionas

Post by minionas »

sbgk wrote:
I use it with mmcss disabled. MQnplay no longer registers itself with MMCSS pro audio, so not sure what effect it has.

It does hog the cpu though without mmcss, so maybe mmcss gives a better balance of cpu use.
Thanks sbgk. I'll try to disable it and see how my underclocked haswell will perform. Hope I'll hear another lift like last v91 was. Or it might be too stressed like JC says..

JC - did you listen with mmcs off with v91? Whats your cpu?
jrling

Post by jrling »

sima66 wrote:
cvrle59 wrote:0 device works here too with v91...pretty good!
Actually, the best, I've heard so far!
+1
Better focus and even tighter bass.
+1 superb in all respects
Unbelievable bass quality and depth. Plenty of detail in the high frequencies too.

One issue that I had with v90 & v91 Normal is that randomly when playing my test tracks (singly not grouped), the track cuts out completely. No output. MQnPlay CMD Windows does not display any error and can be closed with 'X' normally. Happened three times in about 15 tracks played.

Using 7.41 Normal and 3.64 Control.

Anyone else had that? Not had it here before so something in PA 90/91 must be causing it.
Maplin XM21X 12V float charging A123 26650 LiFePO4 battery/Maxwell Supercap PSU for Mitac PD10-BI J1900 Bay Trail, WTFPlay, Hiface Evo, Bow Technologies 1704 NOS DAC, StereoKnight TVC, Quad II monoblocks, ZU Audio Druid Mk4/Method Sub
tony

Post by tony »

jrling wrote:
sima66 wrote:
cvrle59 wrote:0 device works here too with v91...pretty good!
Actually, the best, I've heard so far!
+1
Better focus and even tighter bass.
+1 superb in all respects
Unbelievable bass quality and depth. Plenty of detail in the high frequencies too.

One issue that I had with v90 & v91 Normal is that randomly when playing my test tracks (singly not grouped), the track cuts out completely. No output. MQnPlay CMD Windows does not display any error and can be closed with 'X' normally. Happened three times in about 15 tracks played.

Using 7.41 Normal and 3.64 Control.

Anyone else had that? Not had it here before so something in PA 90/91 must be causing it.
No problems here Jonathon, 16/44 working fine either large or short tracks. Haven't compared it to other versions but agree re bass control.
Very smooth different presentation to earlier wasapi. There is no sharp edge to this at all which I really like.
GroupBuySD DAC/First Watt AlephJ/NigeAmp/Audio PC's/Lampi L4.5 Dac/ Groupbuy AD1862 DHT Dac /Quad ESL63's.Tannoy Legacy Cheviots.
nige2000

Post by nige2000 »

minionas wrote:
sbgk wrote:

Thanks sbgk. I'll try to disable it and see how my underclocked haswell will perform. Hope I'll hear another lift like last v91 was. Or it might be too stressed like JC says..

i switched to mmcss for ks around pa 82, clarity, definition was improved quite a bit here
must try without again
sd card player, modded soekris dac, class a lifepo4 amp or gb class a/b amp, diy open baffle speakers based on project audio mundorf trio 10's
cvrle59

Post by cvrle59 »

One time, I decided not to comment no more, but never say never...:)
7.41/pa 91 avx2 combo digs deep into the music, simple as that, if it could be so simple...
i3 Haswell, PPAStudio USB3 card and USB Micro cable/Chord Hugo/Nad-275BEE/Harbeth-30.1
jesuscheung

Post by jesuscheung »

minionas wrote:
sbgk wrote:

retested... still prefer mmcss on

run this after mqn has started i think improves SQ by 0.5%
C:\Users\Administrator>net stop audiosrv
The Windows Audio service is stopping.
The Windows Audio service was stopped successfully.

much less risky than turn off mmcss

remember to turn it back on maybe mqn won't start
net start audiosrv
sima66

Post by sima66 »

On 16/44 the latest KS combo and 5.14 after little differences I can live with any of them.......maybe now I'm leaning more towards KS.

On 24/96 is different story!!! KS sounds congested and blurry compared to 5.14! 5.14/2.97 gives more air and details, better transparency.
I5 4440+TXCOmobo+JCAT Femto-Intona-JKRegen+HynesPS+TeraDak ATX-820W=JCATusb=DiverterHR=Wadia 931/922(GNSC mod)=PassLabsXA100.5=2xValhalla=Stacked&moded ESL57+JAS SuperTweet+2MJ Acoustics Ref.I
4SteinHarmonizers;RR777;Tellus;StillpointsUltraSS
nige2000

Post by nige2000 »

eventually i tried to figure out which wasapi version i was using day to day as my labeling become non existent
it sounds like 6.16 avx2
well anything between 6.15 and 6.18 was excellent, think ill leave 6.18 on it for a while
i was looking for a 6.17avx2 that was mentioned but couldnt find it, does it exist?
dug up 5.14avx as well decay and reverb are better than 6.xx
everything else 6.1x is much better
sd card player, modded soekris dac, class a lifepo4 amp or gb class a/b amp, diy open baffle speakers based on project audio mundorf trio 10's
adolfo.a.aguiar

Post by adolfo.a.aguiar »

Only 6.17 sse2.
SDTrans384 with 1X5V and 3x3.3V supplied by A123 batteries, Soekris DAM1021 Rev2 with +-12V and 3.3V supplied by A123 batteries, Salas hotrodded DCB1, LM3875 Gainclone and IPL Acoustics S2TLM transmission line speakers