MQN

Anything to do with computer audio, hardware, software etc.
jesuscheung

Re: MQN

Post by jesuscheung »

v53 + 7.37 improves timing but seems a bit tense

v55 + 7.37 improves timing. not tense. current best

keeping improving the timing or whatever. it is working
should beat wasapi in no time at this rate. already pretty good. great actually
Clive

Post by Clive »

Reinstall didn't help the track truncation but....I tried a different album and that didn't truncate. Maybe something weird with the album I was using, it was as though gapless was over-done. I try some more in a while.
nige2000

Post by nige2000 »

Don't think there's a way to set buffers or latency in the amanero/Ciunas
haven't seen any options in the firmware software either
sd card player, modded soekris dac, class a lifepo4 amp or gb class a/b amp, diy open baffle speakers based on project audio mundorf trio 10's
sbgk

Post by sbgk »

Clive wrote:Reinstall didn't help the track truncation but....I tried a different album and that didn't truncate. Maybe something weird with the album I was using, it was as though gapless was over-done. I try some more in a while.
Might be to do with the way mqnplay finishes, could add a few more seconds at the end
sima66

Post by sima66 »

jrling wrote:
sbgk wrote:
please just let it go, we've already established that the premise of Jon's comment was based on the misreading of a joke.
Absolutely. Peace to anyone I have inadvertently upset.
Same here.
We are all here for the benefit of MQn and let's respect everyone's opinion as long as is constructive.
I5 4440+TXCOmobo+JCAT Femto-Intona-JKRegen+HynesPS+TeraDak ATX-820W=JCATusb=DiverterHR=Wadia 931/922(GNSC mod)=PassLabsXA100.5=2xValhalla=Stacked&moded ESL57+JAS SuperTweet+2MJ Acoustics Ref.I
4SteinHarmonizers;RR777;Tellus;StillpointsUltraSS
Octagon

Post by Octagon »

Tested on Server 2012 R2 with AudioPhil's Optimizer

Mqncontrol 3.64, portaudio 55, mqnplay 1644 7.37 normal
GUI: ok GUI full AO optimized: ok
Minimal server: ok Minimal server full AO optimized: ok
Core full AO optimized: not working

Still smiling...
Thomas
Coax tractrix horn system 2 corner subwoofer / 6 full digital amplifier D802 floating PSU 12V battery / digital XO/DRC / 2 PC floating PSU picoless battery/Mutec REF 10/2x Mutec MC3.1+ USB floating PSU 6V/FireFace UCX floating PSU 12V battery/Mutec MC-4
satshanti

Post by satshanti »

I can't keep up again! :-)

I tried PA54 / 7.36 and it's phenomenal! It's better again than PA51 and everything that came before.
And now PA55 / 7.37 still to try and supposedly even better? Unimaginable! What a journey!

It makes me wonder what magic a 2496 version would be able to charm out of my system. And for regular listening (my systems just thrives on hires converted files) I still prefer the very first released 2496 KS version 7.10 with PA29 (the latest one that's able to play it) over my long term and much loved favourite 3.39 avx Wasapi. Figure that!

I have also clung to certain versions as our journey progressed (avx version of 5.14 never released so can't and won't comment on that :-)) but to complete a quest one has to have the courage and perseverence to leave these milestones behind and venture anew into the unknown, giving up a good thing, passing through discomfort and confrontation, to find something even better. Would the ring ever have been thrown into the fires of Mount Doom if Frodo and the rest of the fellowship would have just decided to stay at Rivendell around the fire smoking their pipes? :-)

Thank you for your pioneering spirit, Gordon, and your willingness to continue the quest no matter what your fellow travellers get into their whily heads. :-)
uwtfplay on AMD FX8120@1600 RAM@800 FSB@1200 | AQ Jitterbug | Atlas Element USB cable | HiFimeDIY Sabre DAC 2 | NVA Super Sound Pipe | SMSL sApII headphone amp | AKG K702 (or HiFimeDIY UD20 DDX amp | Anti-Cable | Celestion DL6-II)
sbgk

Post by sbgk »

Octagon wrote:Tested on Server 2012 R2 with AudioPhil's Optimizer

Mqncontrol 3.64, portaudio 55, mqnplay 1644 7.37 normal
GUI: ok GUI full AO optimized: ok
Minimal server: ok Minimal server full AO optimized: ok
Core full AO optimized: not working

Still smiling...
Thomas
think it's mqncontrol that's preventing core working, would need a rewrite
cvrle59

Post by cvrle59 »

sima66 wrote:
jrling wrote:
sbgk wrote:
please just let it go, we've already established that the premise of Jon's comment was based on the misreading of a joke.
Absolutely. Peace to anyone I have inadvertently upset.
Same here.
We are all here for the benefit of MQn and let's respect everyone's opinion as long as is constructive.
+1
I think, being unmistakable is not the only greatness...willing to admit mistakes is even greater than any greatness!
i3 Haswell, PPAStudio USB3 card and USB Micro cable/Chord Hugo/Nad-275BEE/Harbeth-30.1
Clive

Post by Clive »

sbgk wrote:
Clive wrote:Reinstall didn't help the track truncation but....I tried a different album and that didn't truncate. Maybe something weird with the album I was using, it was as though gapless was over-done. I try some more in a while.
Might be to do with the way mqnplay finishes, could add a few more seconds at the end
I have 90% confidence that it's to do with the end of the playlist rather than every track but only with some albums. It takes a long time to check it out.

As I focused on the truncation issue I can't offer much constructive comment on 7.37/55 except that it sounds really very good.