MQN

Anything to do with computer audio, hardware, software etc.
Elvis

Re: MQN

Post by Elvis »

jesuscheung wrote:i think (not exactly sure) portaudio requires Windows Audio service. (because mqn didn't seem to make sound without it)

does your core mode has windows Audio service?

I think it has but I will check. THX

Elvis
Aleg

Post by Aleg »

Elvis wrote:
jesuscheung wrote:i think (not exactly sure) portaudio requires Windows Audio service. (because mqn didn't seem to make sound without it)

does your core mode has windows Audio service?

I think it has but I will check. THX

Elvis
You could (temporarily) go back to minimal server mode or even GUI-mode and check if them same setup works with those. Then you'll know it's being caused by core.

I have not yet heared of anyone running core with the new KS-versions.
I'm running on minimal server as I also still use WASAPI.
HDPLEX;picoPSU;ASUS Q87M;i7-4770T;PH SR7EHD;Server2012R2;Thesycon 2.24;
JCAT USB;Sonicweld DiverterHR2;Naim DC1;Chord Hugo;Morrow Audio MA6;Naim NAC-282,SuperCapDR;NAP-300;
AQ Cinnamon;GISO GB;Netgear Pro+XM21X;Cisco SG300;NAS-ZFS.
Octagon

Post by Octagon »

Hi All,

@Gordon: Amazing work and great results, respect my friend for all the knowledge, time and work you are investing! Just found the time to experience MQn from last weekend comparing to JPlaymini KS in Ultrastream on MS Server 2012 R2 Core mode with Audiophil's Optimizer in full optimization mode.
MQn wasapi sounds more differentiated already in Minimal Server mode on my system.

MQn KS is running well in in Minimal Server mode on my system with and without Audiophil's Optimizer in full optimization mode based on: mqncontrol V3.64, mqnplay 1644 wdmks sse2 V7.10, portaudio_x64 V27 normal, listwdmksdevices, 1.01,mqnparam.txt with "5" for my FireFace UCX via USB.
MQn KS is nearly as good as Wasapi on my system, but I would need pretty more time for a relevant statement. I just can repeat that I am more than happy to go with Mqn. Thank you very much indeed!

@Elvis:
Elvis wrote:
I was able to run MQN in mingui (with wasapi) a while ago, but fail now to run KS versions (in core mode).

Elvis
Server 2012 R2 offers in Core mode neither Wasapi or KS. As to my knowledge Phil has been the only one so far with his Audiophile Optimizer who managed to bring KS in Core mode to work. Try KS with the versions mentioned above and it should work as it does with my system. I am not sure about the diference between mingui and Phil's Minimal Server, but good luck ;)

@All using Server with AudiophileOptimizer
I have contacted Phil about the issue with Core mode and MQn and he will take a look and check it. My questionaire is published in Phil's support forum, you might find updates there.

@Aleg
Just recognized your comment about portaudio and windows audio services. If this is right it would explain why MQn is not working in Phil's Core mode as the windows audio services are shut off. I give it a try if I can switch it on again and see what happens

Enjoy listening to the music!
Thomas
Coax tractrix horn system 2 corner subwoofer / 6 full digital amplifier D802 floating PSU 12V battery / digital XO/DRC / 2 PC floating PSU picoless battery/Mutec REF 10/2x Mutec MC3.1+ USB floating PSU 6V/FireFace UCX floating PSU 12V battery/Mutec MC-4
nige2000

Post by nige2000 »

https://www.dropbox.com/s/54xx1fjs9rll2 ... eaming.reg

thats the old reg file for ks in core
sd card player, modded soekris dac, class a lifepo4 amp or gb class a/b amp, diy open baffle speakers based on project audio mundorf trio 10's
Aleg

Post by Aleg »

nige2000 wrote:https://www.dropbox.com/s/54xx1fjs9rll2 ... eaming.reg

thats the old reg file for ks in core
IIUC it is not just a matter of reg-changes but also needing to copy ksthunk and ksuser drivers AND change registry settings.
JCAT USB;Sonicweld DiverterHR2;Naim DC1;Chord Hugo;Morrow Audio MA6;Naim NAC-282,SuperCapDR;NAP-300;
nige2000

Post by nige2000 »

Ok
Thought I tested it last yr but I forget lots of stuff

How's mqn ks for detail on the aleg scale?
sd card player, modded soekris dac, class a lifepo4 amp or gb class a/b amp, diy open baffle speakers based on project audio mundorf trio 10's
Aleg

Post by Aleg »

nige2000 wrote:Ok

Nige

For those who want to have go outside of AudiophilOptimiser have a look over here:
http://www.stereo.net.au/forums/index.p ... streaming/

I have not been listening to KS much, so don't have formed an opinion.
I'm still waiting for 32-bit versions of MQn

Cheers
lukivision

Post by lukivision »

No sound here with 7.10 sse and 7.12 sse in combination with portaudio v.27 and mqncontrol 3.64. Same components with 7.05 sse are fine. Using win 8.1 without any changes on a thinkpad t61 with na avx.

By the way: did you realise this 24-Bit vs. 16-Bit Audio Test(Gordon provided it for us on his google drive) ? http://archimago.blogspot.ca/2014/06/24 ... rt-ii.html There was no evidence that 24-bit audio could be appreciably differentiated from the same music dithered down to 16-bits. I took part and have to say, I couldn´t either. But I´m quite sure, you could, wouldn´t you? ;-)

Luki
nige2000

Post by nige2000 »

Aleg wrote:
nige2000 wrote:Ok

Nige

For those who want to have go outside of AudiophilOptimiser have a look over here:
http://www.stereo.net.au/forums/index.p ... streaming/

I have not been listening to KS much, so don't have formed an opinion.
I'm still waiting for 32-bit versions of MQn

Cheers
Not sure there's much difference between minimal server
And core sq wise

Just a lot easier to use Phils optimiser

Well the fact that your not waiting for 32-bit ks says it all
m.massimo

Post by m.massimo »

lukivision wrote:No sound here with 7.10 sse and 7.12 sse in combination with portaudio v.27 and mqncontrol 3.64.
Did you check if mqnparam.txt is set correctly?
My 8.1 works smoothly with that combination.