MQN

Anything to do with computer audio, hardware, software etc.
satshanti

Re: MQN

Post by satshanti »

Sligolad wrote:Minimal Server mode offers Kernel Streaming and Wasapi support.
I look forward to a Kernel Streaming version of MQN then I can switch to core mode for 2012 with AudioPhileOptimiser to enable KS.
Exactly my thought... although am not 100% sure about KS in Minimal Server mode, was wondering about that, so I tried if the new versions just play in Minimal Server mode, but got an error message stating "MSVCR110.dll is missing from my computer". Research tells me this might have something to do with C++ Visual Studio? No idea how to fix it though... possibly putting Server in GUI mode, reinstalling Visual Studio, putting Server back in Minimal Server mode to preserve the option of playing both Wasapi and future KS MQN versions and then running AO again?
uwtfplay on AMD FX8120@1600 RAM@800 FSB@1200 | AQ Jitterbug | Atlas Element USB cable | HiFimeDIY Sabre DAC 2 | NVA Super Sound Pipe | SMSL sApII headphone amp | AKG K702 (or HiFimeDIY UD20 DDX amp | Anti-Cable | Celestion DL6-II)
tony

Post by tony »

It is all very well the current discussion on future direction but can we not just resolve the relatively 'simple' milestone versions of current Mqn and get Gordon on board to create hires versions before moving on?
A lot of us here know what we have got with MQn but it requires a bit more polishing of all this work/effort/testing just to finish this section off.
Maybe I am being selfish but 2 final versions that play all resolutions I believe is the correct way to finish a project.

It will encourage all to continue on the KS journey.
GroupBuySD DAC/First Watt AlephJ/NigeAmp/Audio PC's/Lampi L4.5 Dac/ Groupbuy AD1862 DHT Dac /Quad ESL63's.Tannoy Legacy Cheviots.
jrling

Post by jrling »

tony wrote:It is all very well the current discussion on future direction but can we not just resolve the relatively 'simple' milestone versions of current Mqn and get Gordon on board to create hires versions before moving on?
A lot of us here know what we have got with MQn but it requires a bit more polishing of all this work/effort/testing just to finish this section off.
Maybe I am being selfish but 2 final versions that play all resolutions I believe is the correct way to finish a project.

+1
Maplin XM21X 12V float charging A123 26650 LiFePO4 battery/Maxwell Supercap PSU for Mitac PD10-BI J1900 Bay Trail, WTFPlay, Hiface Evo, Bow Technologies 1704 NOS DAC, StereoKnight TVC, Quad II monoblocks, ZU Audio Druid Mk4/Method Sub
taggart

Post by taggart »

sebna wrote:Is there a way to adjust a Temp directory location for MQNLoad? I am using only older version of it but the problem is that it locates Temp folder for flac to wav conversion in same folder as MQN player which is on C in my case which effectively makes an OS drive a music store as all the converted music is played from OS drive from temp folder.
Seb,
converted music is only loaded from OS drive, but played from RAM. So I don't think it's that relevant ...
Though, if you like, I can make a new version with configurable "cache" path, but only based on the LATEST mqnload version. Would that be interesting for you or do you want to use (for any reason) the older version that still used the "temp" sub directory?
Christoph
taggart

Post by taggart »

tony wrote:It is all very well the current discussion on future direction but can we not just resolve the relatively 'simple' milestone versions of current Mqn and get Gordon on board to create hires versions before moving on?

+2
3daudio

Post by 3daudio »

+3
MQn-Player/WinServer12/AudioOptimizer 1.26-> Audioquest Diamond USB -> AR-T Legato II -> AMR DP-777 -> MEG 901K
Aleg

Post by Aleg »

sbgk wrote:
Aleg wrote: It's nice you made up that question, but nobody said there was such a thing!

Not all drivers offer KS though, while most will do WASAPI.
very good, but the question was about an OS that can play wasapi. Something makes me think you don't like ks.
Not true at all, with JPlay the KS was far superior to WASAPI.
But as I said not all DAC-drivers support KS, so there will be plenty that will miss out on these Ks-releases.

No, my objection is that you have made promises about delivering versions for 32-bit containers and high res sample rates/wordlengths and you are already starting of on the KS-trail that will keep you occupied for at least a year or more, while you haven't delivered on your promises yet.

So, if you would just deliver on the suggested versions of 5.14 and 6.17, for those few who don't get ticking distortion, I suppose all will be just fine for a new path of discovery.

Cheers
HDPLEX;picoPSU;ASUS Q87M;i7-4770T;PH SR7EHD;Server2012R2;Thesycon 2.24;
JCAT USB;Sonicweld DiverterHR2;Naim DC1;Chord Hugo;Morrow Audio MA6;Naim NAC-282,SuperCapDR;NAP-300;
AQ Cinnamon;GISO GB;Netgear Pro+XM21X;Cisco SG300;NAS-ZFS.
Ken Moreland

Post by Ken Moreland »

Two important points here;

1. the MQN journey has been thrilling. The capability to deliver top sound quality is unsurpassed and beyond the expectations of early users. The thought of starting off on a second stage into KS is even more thrilling and many users are looking forward to new stuff every day! Drive on !

2 . users also have lots of music in different formats and a variety of equipment to play it on and everybody would like , at this point to be able to hear all their stuff.

The request for all sample rates is a one-off and can be a single type eg SSE only if it helps and makes it easier from my point of view.

KM
i5 QuietPC , JplayFemto , Singxer SU-6 , Holo Audio Spring DAC ,LAB12 Preamp, Roundtree Mono Amps, Rosso Fiorentino Elba 2 Speakers
Aleg

Post by Aleg »

jrling wrote:Amanero & Thesycon drivers both support KS
Exasound DACs don't, they are ASIO only.

They are very much a bits-are-bits company and actively discouraging players like JPlay, therefore I would never buy or recommend any products from them.

And more exist that don't do KS.
HDPLEX;picoPSU;ASUS Q87M;i7-4770T;PH SR7EHD;Server2012R2;Thesycon 2.24;
JCAT USB;Sonicweld DiverterHR2;Naim DC1;Chord Hugo;Morrow Audio MA6;Naim NAC-282,SuperCapDR;NAP-300;
AQ Cinnamon;GISO GB;Netgear Pro+XM21X;Cisco SG300;NAS-ZFS.
dannyhc

Post by dannyhc »

Just remember Gordon doesn't owe you anything, even if he never released another version ever again, what he has produced is good enough for me.