MQN

Anything to do with computer audio, hardware, software etc.
jesuscheung

Re: MQN

Post by jesuscheung »

nige2000 wrote: i lost texture too, highs smoothed
but seems better when sbgk has it integrated
nige, can you test the manifest with 2.71 v2?

the manifest increases quantity.
new version is already ultra high in quantity,
quantity + quantity = more than your OS can handle = mixture = liquid textureless sound

my OS can only just handle the manifest with new versions

try 2.71 v2... it is less details
you may gain texture?
jesuscheung

Post by jesuscheung »

thought the manifest would work more easier

since people here downclock CPU/RAM, quantity is less than norm... but this tweak still making liquid sound... people aren't ready...

my OS can now handle 0.5ms timerresolution...
most people experience more strain, less texture. i have opposite.
(that's because their micro texture was poor to begin with, only gonna get worse)

---
but "realtime" still make mqn sound worse. maybe i can still improve the OS
nige2000

Post by nige2000 »

jesuscheung wrote:thought the manifest would work more easier

since people here downclock CPU/RAM, quantity is less than norm... but this tweak still making liquid sound... people aren't ready...

my OS can now handle 0.5ms timerresolution...
most people experience more strain, less texture. i have opposite.
(that's because their micro texture was poor to begin with, only gonna get worse)

---
but "realtime" still make mqn sound worse. maybe i can still improve the OS
sorry manifest is ok
just doesn't complement tasker
have it disabled will listen some more

yea might have to reconsider using tasker

when i change timer resolution during playback does it have immediate effect?
sd card player, modded soekris dac, class a lifepo4 amp or gb class a/b amp, diy open baffle speakers based on project audio mundorf trio 10's
jesuscheung

Post by jesuscheung »

tasker doesn't increase quantity. it is low risk. can work for everyone

seriously, does the manifest make SQ worse for 2.71 v2? pls try try

yes timerresolution effective immediately... and forget timerresolution, it is gonna make sound worse for you

gonna post all my tweaks, need to know which tweak is dangerous, which tweak fix the root of jitter...

any feedback on manifest pls
nige2000

Post by nige2000 »

jesuscheung wrote:tasker doesn't increase quantity. it is low risk. can work for everyone

seriously, does the manifest make SQ worse for 2.71 v2? pls try try

yes timerresolution effective immediately... and forget timerresolution, it is gonna make sound worse for you

gonna post all my tweaks, need to know which tweak is dangerous, which tweak fix the root of jitter...

any feedback on manifest pls
tried with 2.73
sounds good
wouldnt say timer resolution 0.5ms sounds worse just tried it
using the manifest alongside tasker is bad though
sd card player, modded soekris dac, class a lifepo4 amp or gb class a/b amp, diy open baffle speakers based on project audio mundorf trio 10's
jesuscheung

Post by jesuscheung »

nige2000 wrote: ...
tried with 2.73
sounds good
wouldnt say timer resolution 0.5ms sounds worse just tried it
using the manifest alongside tasker is bad though
3.39 or 2.73 is already rich
rich + rich + crispy = ....
not easy to work

2.71 v2 is thin... works better.
thin + rich + crispy = maybe ok

---
actually 2.71 is soft
soft + tight = ok

for 3.39
tight + tight = not easy, but SQ increase is possible (need good os)
sbgk

Post by sbgk »

uploaded 6.11 avx2, hopefully right balance of detail, bass etc

uploaded sse2/avx and avx amd
jrling

Post by jrling »

sbgk wrote:uploaded 6.11 avx2, hopefully right balance of detail, bass etc

uploaded sse2/avx and avx amd
Firstly, us SSE2 guys (and any gals?) have been spoilt for choice in the new 6.xx range - so many thanks for that, Gordon.

6.11 SSE2/361 Control/Tasker gave a loud regular ticking noise which I did not get on any of the other 6.xx range. Otherwise I heard no adverse qualities from manifest/tasker running together (I assume manifest was running as it is embedded whether I like it or not).

Tried 6.07 & 6.10 mostly, and they were both excellent. Piano attack on 6.07 was astoundingly good, as was bass and detail, but the stage seemed to be collapsed a little compared with 6.10 which had the widest stage I have heard yet, but not quite so good detail and SQ. But both of them are really good.
Maplin XM21X 12V float charging A123 26650 LiFePO4 battery/Maxwell Supercap PSU for Mitac PD10-BI J1900 Bay Trail, WTFPlay, Hiface Evo, Bow Technologies 1704 NOS DAC, StereoKnight TVC, Quad II monoblocks, ZU Audio Druid Mk4/Method Sub
satshanti

Post by satshanti »

First, thank you again, Gordon, for creating these special AMD versions. They are amazing, definitely the right ones for my CPU. I again tried the various versions and avx amd > avx > avx2 >sse2. So it only makes sense for me to test the amd versions from now on, so please keep them coming. :-)

There aren't that many of them yet, but I just had a fascinating duel between 5.95 and 6.11. They are both absolutely incredible, with such detail, and that through 1644!

It's hard to choose between the two, not because they are the same, but because in their subtle differences they are almost perfectly complementary. At the same time, their individual strengths are such that in both cases these in themselves create an almost effortless realism.

5.95 avx amd
+ great PRAT, dynamic, natural reverb, spacious and breathing sound stage
- ever so slightly too "loose"

6.11 avx amd
+ great micro detail, tonal fidelity, focused instrument placement
- ever so slightly too "edgy"

With both of these versions for the first time I find myself finishing all test tracks until the very end. Until now, I often stopped after 2 or 3 minutes into a track, because I got enough of an impression for comparison. With these two, I cannot make myself interrupt a track in the middle of it. I am drawn into the music so easily, and I'm so involved and engaged that I just have to listen to the end.

Gordon, you're a genius! :-)
uwtfplay on AMD FX8120@1600 RAM@800 FSB@1200 | AQ Jitterbug | Atlas Element USB cable | HiFimeDIY Sabre DAC 2 | NVA Super Sound Pipe | SMSL sApII headphone amp | AKG K702 (or HiFimeDIY UD20 DDX amp | Anti-Cable | Celestion DL6-II)
sbgk

Post by sbgk »

uploaded 6.14 sse2/avx/avx amd/avx2 - sounds pretty good, would like this to be the last version, we'll see.