MQN

Anything to do with computer audio, hardware, software etc.
sbgk

Re: MQN

Post by sbgk »

3.87 might be of interest, modified hardware prefetch

up to 3.90 now, never heard anything like it
sbgk

Post by sbgk »

3.92, have tried a few new things, really like this version.
jesuscheung

Post by jesuscheung »

quickly tested 3.92. think micro/texture has increased in quality
leanless.

dynamic/energy reduces a little. not shinny.

overall sound is musical
3daudio

Post by 3daudio »

I like a lot about most of the new versions: openness, soundstage, detail retrieval, timbre...even balance and musical flow in some revisions is enjoyable...

What I would like to hear more of is something like tranquillity, calm and ease of presentation of the music. Especially the higher frequencies in instruments such as piano, saxofone or violin still tend to sound a bit aggressive.
If they could sound smoother and less nervous, we could have a winner.
MQn-Player/WinServer12/AudioOptimizer 1.26-> Audioquest Diamond USB -> AR-T Legato II -> AMR DP-777 -> MEG 901K
jesuscheung

Post by jesuscheung »

3daudio wrote:I like a lot about most of the new versions: openness, soundstage, detail retrieval, timbre...even balance and musical flow in some revisions is enjoyable...

What I would like to hear more of is something like tranquillity, calm and ease of presentation of the music. Especially the higher frequencies in instruments such as piano, saxofone or violin still tend to sound a bit aggressive.
there is no way piano can sound great with mqn alone. you need to work for it.
jesuscheung

Post by jesuscheung »

mqn has the best piano of all software i know of.

been testing mqn for piano since forever.

i can tell you, with same version, piano weight can fluctuate from 95% to 105% depending on OS/bios settings

in general, mqn versions which sounded heaviest in piano, is usually the most correct ones in low jitter evironment.

e.g. mqn.exe2.82 is about 100% correct in piano given low jitters.
i used to think its treble tune is wrong. no, my setup is wrong. when you work hard enough, mqn cures itself.
sima66

Post by sima66 »

3daudio wrote:I like a lot about most of the new versions: openness, soundstage, detail retrieval, timbre...even balance and musical flow in some revisions is enjoyable...

I can't agree with that and I believe that's system dependent!
In my system, with the latest versions (did not compared the last couple of days) I got the opposite, everything sounded to smooth! To smooth that it lost the life of the music!
When I went back to 3.14, everything come into the place.
I'm not saying that my system is perfect or "perfectly tuned" (I believe that non of us have that), but that's the beauty of having different versions and possibility to find witch one suits YOU the best and tune to your preference.
On the version that most of us agree, that one should be taken further.
I prefer detailed and as neutral as possible version.
I5 4440+TXCOmobo+JCAT Femto-Intona-JKRegen+HynesPS+TeraDak ATX-820W=JCATusb=DiverterHR=Wadia 931/922(GNSC mod)=PassLabsXA100.5=2xValhalla=Stacked&moded ESL57+JAS SuperTweet+2MJ Acoustics Ref.I
4SteinHarmonizers;RR777;Tellus;StillpointsUltraSS
Aleg

Post by Aleg »

sima66 wrote:

I can't agree with that and I believe that's system dependent!
In my system, with the latest versions (did not compared the last couple of days) I got the opposite, everything sounded to smooth! To smooth that it lost the life of the music!
When I went back to 3.14, everything come into the place.
I'm not saying that my system is perfect or "perfectly tuned" (I believe that non of us have that), but that's the beauty of having different versions and possibility to find witch one suits YOU the best and tune to your preference.
On the version that most of us agree, that one should be taken further.
I prefer detailed and as neutral as possible version.

+1 to Adam

3.90 sound flat and has no depth or shine to the notes.
3.92 lacks in high frequency and is not transparent in the mid-range
HDPLEX;picoPSU;ASUS Q87M;i7-4770T;PH SR7EHD;Server2012R2;Thesycon 2.24;
JCAT USB;Sonicweld DiverterHR2;Naim DC1;Chord Hugo;Morrow Audio MA6;Naim NAC-282,SuperCapDR;NAP-300;
AQ Cinnamon;GISO GB;Netgear Pro+XM21X;Cisco SG300;NAS-ZFS.
Clive

Post by Clive »

3.92 laptop?
wushuliu

Post by wushuliu »

I like 3.92. I think it has wonderful body in the midrange and excellent micro detail. I think it's a wonderful sounding version. The bass in particular is more articulate than I've heard in previous versions.
Eclipse W6520R/Satori TW29R MTM
Hifime Es9038Pro
3eaudio TPA3251