MQN

Anything to do with computer audio, hardware, software etc.
tony

Re: MQN

Post by tony »

Hehehe,That is so comforting I never knew I had that much hair.
Just to continue the theme teacher can you please point with a big stick to where you have hidden the affinity.bat file I can't find it

BTW trying out 3.14avx I assume the latest. Wet drums,detailed tight bass on six blade knife Dire Straits. Markie can't sing but he sounds great here.Decays on guitar notes brillant, Great version I think best version for me so far. 3.18sse needs more careful listening for me
GroupBuySD DAC/First Watt AlephJ/NigeAmp/Audio PC's/Lampi L4.5 Dac/ Groupbuy AD1862 DHT Dac /Quad ESL63's.Tannoy Legacy Cheviots.
Aleg

Post by Aleg »

OK guys, to make it really easy on you I have put all you need to run mqn with the tasker in one directory and put that on dropbox.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/nei0p7vcdjrp8w0/ryTaJE_XPt

Download this directory to your root so it becomes c:\mqn3.14avx
The actual drive doesn't matter but this is easiest.

The only thing you have to do after you downloaded this to your PC is to set the checkbox "Run this program as an Administrator" on both mqncontrol.exe and mqnplay1644.exe.
You do this by right-click on those files and select Properties. On the second tab called Compatibility, click the checkbox "Run this program as an Administrator" and click OK.
Do this for each of the two program files.

This could and should be enough to run the avx version by selecting your music files and double clicking mqn-aff.bat

This will open two windows, one with the tracklist, a delay timer of 5 seconds and some feedback of Tasker and the other with the track load counter from mqnplay and the X to close the mqnplay.
I have configured the tasker commands for a 4-core CPU. If you have a dual core I would need to change those commands.

It is possible something will go wrong but that would most likely depend on your security settings.
Lets just try to get it going like this first.

Cheers

Aleg
HDPLEX;picoPSU;ASUS Q87M;i7-4770T;PH SR7EHD;Server2012R2;Thesycon 2.24;
JCAT USB;Sonicweld DiverterHR2;Naim DC1;Chord Hugo;Morrow Audio MA6;Naim NAC-282,SuperCapDR;NAP-300;
AQ Cinnamon;GISO GB;Netgear Pro+XM21X;Cisco SG300;NAS-ZFS.
sima66

Post by sima66 »

Aleg wrote:OK guys, to make it really easy on you I have put all you need to run mqn with the tasker in one directory and put that on dropbox.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/nei0p7vcdjrp8w0/ryTaJE_XPt

Download this directory to your root so it becomes c:\mqn3.14avx
The actual drive doesn't matter but this is easiest.

The only thing you have to do after you downloaded this to your PC is to set the checkbox "Run this program as an Administrator" on both mqncontrol.exe and mqnplay1644.exe.
You do this by right-click on those files and select Properties. On the second tab called Compatibility, click the checkbox "Run this program as an Administrator" and click OK.
Do this for each of the two program files.

This could and should be enough to run the avx version by selecting your music files and double clicking mqn-aff.bat

This will open two windows, one with the tracklist, a delay timer of 5 seconds and some feedback of Tasker and the other with the track load counter from mqnplay and the X to close the mqnplay.
I have configured the tasker commands for a 4-core CPU. If you have a dual core I would need to change those commands.

It is possible something will go wrong but that would most likely depend on your security settings.
Lets just try to get it going like this first.

Cheers

Aleg
Finally English!!! Hehehehehe.......

Thanks Aleg!
I5 4440+TXCOmobo+JCAT Femto-Intona-JKRegen+HynesPS+TeraDak ATX-820W=JCATusb=DiverterHR=Wadia 931/922(GNSC mod)=PassLabsXA100.5=2xValhalla=Stacked&moded ESL57+JAS SuperTweet+2MJ Acoustics Ref.I
4SteinHarmonizers;RR777;Tellus;StillpointsUltraSS
tony

Post by tony »

I did my best to break it but yes music on both bat files. Million thanks Aleg. A bit more testing beckons

One thing with 2012R2 you do not get the checkbox option when your right click the option comes up to run as administrator. I think anything run from c: runs with admin access.
GroupBuySD DAC/First Watt AlephJ/NigeAmp/Audio PC's/Lampi L4.5 Dac/ Groupbuy AD1862 DHT Dac /Quad ESL63's.Tannoy Legacy Cheviots.
sima66

Post by sima66 »

Aleg, when I need to change to different version, what MQnplay, from the folder, I need to replace? :(
I5 4440+TXCOmobo+JCAT Femto-Intona-JKRegen+HynesPS+TeraDak ATX-820W=JCATusb=DiverterHR=Wadia 931/922(GNSC mod)=PassLabsXA100.5=2xValhalla=Stacked&moded ESL57+JAS SuperTweet+2MJ Acoustics Ref.I
tony

Post by tony »

sima66 wrote:Aleg, when I need to change to different version, what MQnplay, from the folder, I need to replace? :(
Is another way of asking that question 'Where has the path in the mqnbat file gone? That is the bit that throws me.
tony

Post by tony »

Aleg wrote:
Clive wrote:
Aleg wrote: I use Windows 8.1 Pro and not Enterprise.

I have posted a picture above to prove it can be done.
Mine is just Windows 8.1 so this is Home edition or whatever MS call it. It's not Pro. :-(

£99.99 to update 8.1 to 8.1 Pro!!!!!!

Clive

I think I have located the setting in registry that is changed by this, but I'm a bit wary of posting registry keys.
Are you comfortable about changing registry settings by hand and backing up / restoring registries?

If so I can pm the registry key concerned and you could try it.

Cheers

Aleg
Aleg would you mind pm me the registry key also? I have a problem with an 8.1 windows laptop does not play any mqn's and this sounds probably the issue. btw the secpol.msc does not work on 8.1. searching online suggests going into regedit and trying to locate it that way but the path suggested did not lead to the local policy setting your screenshots above show.
Last edited by tony on Fri May 02, 2014 11:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sbgk

Post by sbgk »

3.19 has preload to cache
sima66

Post by sima66 »

ss2 3.19 is very good, but still prefer the avx 3.14.

Aleg, your "package" of avx 3.14 sound way better that mine!
BTW, I was able to run avx's before this and always with Tasker, so I made mine avx 3.14 folder and compared. Looks that only the clock rate made all this difference?! Is there anything else in this "turbo package"? Controlled substances???
I remember that before when we changed the clock rate manualy, I tried and I did not like the 448 clock rate!
I did not need to run as administrator, it played "strait out of the box"! I guess it automatically does?!
I didn't even found that choice of changing to "Run this program as an Administrator" in Minimal Server (I found it in W7, in my regular PC)!
Another funny thing is that in all my MQn versions (folders), with the "mqnplay 1644", soon as I play them once, I get one extra mqnplay in the same folder! That all started tonight, when I first played your avx 3.14!

The only questions still remain of how to change the path and which one of the mqnplay should be replaced when use a different version?

Thanks again, Aleg, for your patience and forgive for all the stupid questions in this computer madness! Most of as just have just love and desire for the music and not the knowledge how to use it with the computer! Trust me is very frustrating!!!:(

Best,
Adam
Aleg

Post by Aleg »

sima66 wrote:Aleg, when I need to change to different version, what MQnplay, from the folder, I need to replace? :(
Adam

You would need to replace the mqnplay1644.exe
I have left in the "mqnplay1644.exe 24 bit 3.14 avx.14 avx.14 avx" so I know what version I have used.

So with a new release I put in the new version of "mqnplay1644.exe 24 bit 3.14 avx.14 avx.14 avx" say with 3.18

I make a copy of that new file and rename that to mqnplay1644.exe

That way I still know what the version is I used in that directory.
You donot have to do anything with the mqnplay.exe, because that is automatically replace by mqncontrol.exe as soon as you start your music.

If you want to be able to play 96/24 as well, put the "mqnplay2496.exe 24 bit 3.14 avx.14 avx.14 avx" in the directory and make a copy of that file and rename the copy to mqnplay2496.exe

The mqncontrol will automatically select the mqnplay1644.exe or mqnplay2496.exe depending on the sample rate of your music.

Cheers

Aleg
HDPLEX;picoPSU;ASUS Q87M;i7-4770T;PH SR7EHD;Server2012R2;Thesycon 2.24;
JCAT USB;Sonicweld DiverterHR2;Naim DC1;Chord Hugo;Morrow Audio MA6;Naim NAC-282,SuperCapDR;NAP-300;
AQ Cinnamon;GISO GB;Netgear Pro+XM21X;Cisco SG300;NAS-ZFS.