Yamaha HD 1500

Linndac

Yamaha HD 1500

Post by Linndac »

Anyone tried feeding the hard drive in the Yamaha HD machines
(now obsolete) with a better quality cd player than the internal cd player and did it give much better sound.

On another issue can you improve the burn quality when burning to external hard drives.
james

Re: Yamaha HD 1500

Post by james »

Have a look at this ... http://www.avforums.com/threads/yamaha- ... 464/page-2

It says as one of the comments [about replaying the CD-drive] .....

"I have the CDR-HD1300 model which came before, but the problems will be the same. Although the power and data connectors on the drive, and its basic size, are standard, there are two potential issues. One - the plastic bezel on the disc tray is a non-standard part, so you may have trouble getting the tray in and out once installed. And two, it's possible that Yamaha have been awkward and programmed the player to only "talk" to one manufacturer and type of drive.

I personally wouldn't go about trying to swap the CD-RW drive unless I was able to replace it with one of exactly the same type. "

I don't know about replacing the hard-drive. I don't know how it is formatted.

For best results writing CD's it is usually suggested that you use a slow speed ..

james
"Change is Possible" [Parking Meter in Dundrum Shopping Centre]
Linndac

Post by Linndac »

Thanks, I was not going to remove the CD player just wondered about hooking up a better CD player to it as I heard somewhere you get a better sound. I had a 1300 before this one and upgraded to get more space. I have a 400GB drive in the 1500 which I put in with a friend of mine and the 250GB from the 1500 is now in the 1300 a friend has, it only reads 138GB but it is working fine. You do need to format the hard drive when you insert and the hard drive is only usable with your specific macine.

It's easy enough to change the hard drive but you need an older type of hard drive and Yamaha guy told me to not go above 400GB.

Thanks
Brendan
james

Post by james »

I was interested in the Yamaha a year or two ago on behalf of a friend but I have never actually used one. I was interested in trying to replace the CD drive but the info on the web seemed to say that might or might not work so I did not go any further.

I dont really know if you can feed an external CD drive into the harcdisk .. I thought you would have to replace the internal CD drive.

james
"Change is Possible" [Parking Meter in Dundrum Shopping Centre]
Linndac

Post by Linndac »

Thanks I like the convenience of the machine and a decent sound.