MQN

Anything to do with computer audio, hardware, software etc.
sbgk

Re: MQN

Post by sbgk »

Aleg,

can you try the v5 sse4 version I just posted ? uses 128 bit version of the avx code, just not avx2. That should tell us if it's an avx2 compatability issue. use control hirez v1.

cheers

which mqnplay was that you got working ? doesn't match any of the download options.
Aleg

Post by Aleg »

sbgk wrote:Aleg,

can you try the v5 sse4 version I just posted ? uses 128 bit version of the avx code, just not avx2. That should tell us if it's an avx2 compatability issue. use control hirez v1.

cheers

which mqnplay was that you got working ? doesn't match any of the download options.
Gordon

That was the mqnplay.exe 24 bit avx hirez win 8.1-r2 pgo.exe

It only plays 44.1/16 and not any 24-bits. But that may be due to the 24-bits container instead of the 32-bits container I require.

The v5 sse4 version also works on the 16-bit and also does not work on the 24-bit.

Cheers

Aleg
HDPLEX;picoPSU;ASUS Q87M;i7-4770T;PH SR7EHD;Server2012R2;Thesycon 2.24;
JCAT USB;Sonicweld DiverterHR2;Naim DC1;Chord Hugo;Morrow Audio MA6;Naim NAC-282,SuperCapDR;NAP-300;
AQ Cinnamon;GISO GB;Netgear Pro+XM21X;Cisco SG300;NAS-ZFS.
sbgk

Post by sbgk »

Aleg wrote:

cheers

Gordon

It only plays 44.1/16 and not any 24-bits. But that may be due to the 24-bits container instead of the 32-bits container I require.

The v5 sse4 version also works on the 16-bit and also does not work on the 24-bit.

Cheers

Aleg
Ah, ok. That's progress then. Be interested in what you think. Shall do the 32 bit version at the weekend. The v5 has to run twice as many loops as the avx version, don't know if that accounts for the SQ difference ie there could be an effect caused by the way the instructions are encoded in the cpu.

there are also avx instructions that can be used on 128 bit as well as sse4, so might try a version using those.
sima66

Post by sima66 »

Aleg wrote:

cheers

Gordon

Cheers

Aleg

You are lucky!
I can play only 24 bit V4 and only in 16 bit!
I5 4440+TXCOmobo+JCAT Femto-Intona-JKRegen+HynesPS+TeraDak ATX-820W=JCATusb=DiverterHR=Wadia 931/922(GNSC mod)=PassLabsXA100.5=2xValhalla=Stacked&moded ESL57+JAS SuperTweet+2MJ Acoustics Ref.I
4SteinHarmonizers;RR777;Tellus;StillpointsUltraSS
sbgk

Post by sbgk »

sima66 wrote:
Aleg wrote:

cheers

Gordon

Cheers

Aleg

You are lucky!
I can play only 24 bit V4 and only in 16 bit!
looking at your signature I can recommend the MQn boutique service.
cvrle59

Post by cvrle59 »

I know that "sima" will celebrate once he reads this after all the confusion he created by tasker, but we all have some weak moment.
I've been using mqnload for long time, and the last version of mqnplay I played before I tried to switch to avx was 200000 V4. Last night, I downloaded avx and core 2 V3 control. I used ctrl-space-bar to switch versions, but it did not work with core 2 V3 control. I went back to 200000 control and I was able to play all different formats, and it sounded so good as I already described it. Gordon made me thinking twice when he said that 200000 control should not work with avx. I came home today and I pressed ctrl-space-bar, and I found avx selected, but I switched to something else, and back to avx, and guess what. It did not work. I can think only about one thing that switch did not happen last night for some reason. My biggest problem at the moment is, why was I so impressed with what I was listening (it must've been 200000 as switch actually did not happen). I swear to the God, I did not have a drop of alcohol last night, I had to do my regular blood test this morning.
I am listening right now 200000, and it doesn't sound like it was last night. Am I just proving what I said long time ago in some other context, that we have some moments when music is really good.
I don't know any more, but I apologize to all of you for any kind of misleading, hopping that nobody is mad on me!
i3 Haswell, PPAStudio USB3 card and USB Micro cable/Chord Hugo/Nad-275BEE/Harbeth-30.1
tony

Post by tony »

We all get those nights Cvrle59 but put it down to our 'medication' but seriously it just happens Aleg often mentions the ears not being great sometimes and I think that affects us all.

Knowing Sima66 the word 'boutique' might upset him but reckon all that EMI protects him from any brick bats that could ever be flung in his direction!
GroupBuySD DAC/First Watt AlephJ/NigeAmp/Audio PC's/Lampi L4.5 Dac/ Groupbuy AD1862 DHT Dac /Quad ESL63's.Tannoy Legacy Cheviots.
sima66

Post by sima66 »

tony wrote:We all get those nights Cvrle59 but put it down to our 'medication' but seriously it just happens Aleg often mentions the ears not being great sometimes and I think that affects us all.

Knowing Sima66 the word 'boutique' might upset him but reckon all that EMI protects him from any brick bats that could ever be flung in his direction!
Faraday had his "cage" and I have mine! ;-)

Does the "MQn boutique service" come bit by bit?!

Cvrle, I trust you! Hehehehe
I5 4440+TXCOmobo+JCAT Femto-Intona-JKRegen+HynesPS+TeraDak ATX-820W=JCATusb=DiverterHR=Wadia 931/922(GNSC mod)=PassLabsXA100.5=2xValhalla=Stacked&moded ESL57+JAS SuperTweet+2MJ Acoustics Ref.I
4SteinHarmonizers;RR777;Tellus;StillpointsUltraSS
nige2000

Post by nige2000 »

sima66 wrote:
tony wrote:We all get those nights Cvrle59 but put it down to our 'medication' but seriously it just happens Aleg often mentions the ears not being great sometimes and I think that affects us all.

Faraday had his "cage" and I have mine! ;-)

Does the "MQn boutique service" come bit by bit?!

Cvrle, I trust you! Hehehehe
thats just dedication for sq
maybe not as much "string and sticky tape" as the rest of us
sd card player, modded soekris dac, class a lifepo4 amp or gb class a/b amp, diy open baffle speakers based on project audio mundorf trio 10's
cvrle59

Post by cvrle59 »

You guys are "scared" by sima's signature, I've seen it live...lol!
i3 Haswell, PPAStudio USB3 card and USB Micro cable/Chord Hugo/Nad-275BEE/Harbeth-30.1