Tweaker's Rash

Anything to do with computer audio, hardware, software etc.
nige2000

Re: Tweaker's Rash

Post by nige2000 »

got to laugh cause we dismissed this rpi thing on the build a pc thread Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:13 pm
Ivor wrote:here ye go... http://www.raspyfi.com/
ill roar laughing if it whips my audio pc
sd card player, modded soekris dac, class a lifepo4 amp or gb class a/b amp, diy open baffle speakers based on project audio mundorf trio 10's
jkeny

Post by jkeny »

nige2000 wrote:got to laugh cause we dismissed this rpi thing on the build a pc thread Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:13 pm
Ivor wrote:here ye go... http://www.raspyfi.com/
ill roar laughing if it whips my audio pc
Yea, fair play to Ivor.
We have been sniffing around this idea for a while now i.e simplification of hardware & software
www.Ciunas.biz
For Digital Audio playback that delivers WHERE the performers are on stage but more importantly WHY they are there.
darkpink

Post by darkpink »

Which is2 dac are you going to use, same as in the cuinas?
jkeny

Post by jkeny »

darkpink wrote:Which is2 dac are you going to use, same as in the cuinas?
Sure, the PCM5102 DAc chip is perfect for this as it can operate without the I2S MCLK signal - it can generate it internally, itself.
www.Ciunas.biz
For Digital Audio playback that delivers WHERE the performers are on stage but more importantly WHY they are there.
darkpink

Post by darkpink »

I'm thinking of this building this to Pi + is2 dac, soldered speaker crossovers and cables before.
Would you like to help a fellow source a dac chip and a walkthru on which wire goes where on this mini setup?
jkeny

Post by jkeny »

darkpink wrote:I'm thinking of this building this to Pi + is2 dac, soldered speaker crossovers and cables before.
Would you like to help a fellow source a dac chip and a walkthru on which wire goes where on this mini setup?
Sorry, man I can't do that or provide the support you would require
Here's where you can get a PCB with DAC chip mounted & the support for very little money €30 http://www.hifiberry.com/dac
www.Ciunas.biz
darkpink

Post by darkpink »

jkeny wrote:
darkpink wrote:I'm thinking of this building this to Pi + is2 dac, soldered speaker crossovers and cables before.
Sorry, man I can't do that or provide the support you would require
Here's where you can get a PCB with DAC chip mounted & the support for very little money €30 http://www.hifiberry.com/dac
Ok I'll check that out instead.
mjock3

Post by mjock3 »

I can only comment on my setup. I am running the Raspberry PI right now using a USB to feed the music files. And using USB to my DAC (have not tried the I2S yet). I had a 5 volt NiMH 5000mah hooked up for power. Currently it is not up to the sound I am getting out of windows. It is nice and laid back. But detail and location is just not there, least not yet.

Let me add, though considering the cost it is a pretty amazing deal.

Mark
nige2000

Post by nige2000 »

I'm up and running too with rpi and the cuinas via usb
All worked OOB
Except downloaded corrupt volumio image needed up using torrent
And don't even dream of using mac os to image the SD card ended up using windows

The lower buffers work better as per usual but there was crackling with the cuinas was OK with the rpac in audio 2.0 mode

Powered of the anker battery pack

Via usb it's not at the races
looking forward to trying i2s
Cool little device though
sd card player, modded soekris dac, class a lifepo4 amp or gb class a/b amp, diy open baffle speakers based on project audio mundorf trio 10's
Aleg

Post by Aleg »

Bummers, just saw the availability date on my Beaglebone Black has been delayed with one week to March 6th.

Maybe it will arrive at about the same date as my DIYINHK order, but would have liked to have play with it before that.

Cheers

Aleg
HDPLEX;picoPSU;ASUS Q87M;i7-4770T;PH SR7EHD;Server2012R2;Thesycon 2.24;
JCAT USB;Sonicweld DiverterHR2;Naim DC1;Chord Hugo;Morrow Audio MA6;Naim NAC-282,SuperCapDR;NAP-300;
AQ Cinnamon;GISO GB;Netgear Pro+XM21X;Cisco SG300;NAS-ZFS.