Americana and suchlike

Rock/Blues/Jazz/World/Folk/Country etc.
jkeny

Re: Americana and suchlike

Post by jkeny »

Sloop John B wrote: May even help explain some of the voicing on the Ciúnas converter!

SJB
???? I've no idea where you are going with that ????
www.Ciunas.biz
For Digital Audio playback that delivers WHERE the performers are on stage but more importantly WHY they are there.
Sloop John B

Post by Sloop John B »

jkeny wrote:
Sloop John B wrote: May even help explain some of the voicing on the Ciúnas converter!

SJB
???? I've no idea where you are going with that ????

A mix of Vaqueras and the fact that I find the Ciúnas has a very alluring and beguiling way with guitars. ( amongst other attributes)

SJB
jkeny

Post by jkeny »

Sloop John B wrote:A mix of Vaqueras and the fact that I find the Ciúnas has a very alluring and beguiling way with guitars. ( amongst other attributes)

SJB
Enjoy the wine & have a listen to Rosanne Cash - it's very good
www.Ciunas.biz
For Digital Audio playback that delivers WHERE the performers are on stage but more importantly WHY they are there.
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

Vinyl -anything else is data storage.

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable
Gerry D

Post by Gerry D »

I'm repeating this post because I've been playing it on repeat. Doesn't happen often.
But it's really good !

Listening to this again this week. Recommended strongly ...
Image[/quote]
"Quality means doing it right when no one is looking" - Henry Ford
Derek

Post by Derek »

Ivor wrote:Image
Oh I do love that album
When "The Church" comes round I have to join in, great stuff
NigeAmp, NigeSD DAC, Airtight ATM-4, Ruark Accolades, Pink Triangle TT, Roksan Artimiz, Clearaudio Discovery, Tom Evans Microgroove Plus, Fran DAC, Dalkey Audio Interconnects.
Diapason

Post by Diapason »

Derek wrote: Oh I do love that album
Yep and yep. I've Jaybee to thank for this one, it would never have popped up on my teenage radar without his influence.
Nerdcave: ...is no more! :(
Sitting Room: Wadia 581SE - Rega Planar 3/AT VM95ML & SH - Bluesound Node II - Copland CSA 100 - Audioplan Kontrast 3
Kitchen: WiiM Pro - Wadia 151 - B&W 685s2
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

Diapason wrote:
Yep and yep. I've Jaybee to thank for this one, it would never have popped up on my teenage radar without his influence.

It was quite difficult to get for a while (maybe still is). I did get a backup copy from Si a few years back and have since gotten the CD from the United States of America via the gift of the internet.
Vinyl -anything else is data storage.

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable
Diapason

Post by Diapason »

Of course, like many of my favourite albums, you can now pick it up for under a pound (+shipping) on amazon.
Nerdcave: ...is no more! :(
Sitting Room: Wadia 581SE - Rega Planar 3/AT VM95ML & SH - Bluesound Node II - Copland CSA 100 - Audioplan Kontrast 3
Kitchen: WiiM Pro - Wadia 151 - B&W 685s2
jaybee

Post by jaybee »

Diapason wrote:
Is it just me or have we been chasing that level of excitement of discovering a record that opens your eyes and ears and makes your fledgling hifi sing ever since...

I'm thinking of a return introduction to
Brass Bands are all very well in their place -
outdoors and several miles away....