MQN

Anything to do with computer audio, hardware, software etc.
John Dot

Re: MQN

Post by John Dot »

sbgk wrote:uploaded opt7 dll & exe, found a couple more optimisation settings

sounds gorgeous and my amp's not even warmed up yet.

uploaded opt 8 dll & exe, a bit livelier, too much ?

can see why most player developers don't want to get involved in this type of tweaking.

uploaded opt9, can it get any better ?
Many combinations now but mqn 2.73 448 intel raw background still sounds best to me (amount of micro details).
Your tweaked LMS sounds very, very good and analogue but lacks some details on highs.
PC: CPU Q8400, 8GB Ram, Windows 8.1 x64
DAC: HRT Music Streamer II+, Asus Xonar Essence ST (+ HiEnd DYI upgrades)
Aleg

Post by Aleg »

erin wrote:Hello.

Its been a while since I posted here.

I tried to read a few pages to figure out what is going on now, but I'm still a bit lost.

Can someone please explain what is going on with Squeezelite? Does it still use MQn? Is Squeezelite a front end for MQn?

Are there instructions for using this latest incarnation?

Many thanks in advance.
Erin
Erin

The new solution is based on LMS (Logitech Media Server). This normally feeds a SqueezeBox Duet, Touch etc.
But someone has developed a plugin which offers a local player SqueezeLite which plays music on the local computer of the LMS.

Gordon has modified this SqueezeLite player with all the optimisaton techniques he developed building MQn. Besides those optimisations, SqueezeLite will playback using Kernel Streaming drivers (which are lower level than WASAPI of MQn) which are inside the PortAudio.dll library that Gordon also adapted. This SqueezeLite player will support all resolutions up to 384 kHz / 24-bits.

Gordon explained the initial setup in this post: http://tirnahifi.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=50772#p50772
and after that you'll have to follow the thread to see which upgrades and modifications he applied next.

Worthwhile to try.

Cheers

Aleg
HDPLEX;picoPSU;ASUS Q87M;i7-4770T;PH SR7EHD;Server2012R2;Thesycon 2.24;
JCAT USB;Sonicweld DiverterHR2;Naim DC1;Chord Hugo;Morrow Audio MA6;Naim NAC-282,SuperCapDR;NAP-300;
AQ Cinnamon;GISO GB;Netgear Pro+XM21X;Cisco SG300;NAS-ZFS.
cvrle59

Post by cvrle59 »

Gordon,
I can imagine how busy you are, but could you take a few minutes, to write and post a short guide how to install, setup and change versions, please?
New people would benefit form your signature, lets's say, including link info to get to your blog.
It is hard to run through the thread to pick all that information, but there will be more interest than ever in this new set up, I guess.
That would save you some time to get them to understand it.
Thanks
i3 Haswell, PPAStudio USB3 card and USB Micro cable/Chord Hugo/Nad-275BEE/Harbeth-30.1
sbgk

Post by sbgk »

John Dot wrote:
sbgk wrote:uploaded opt7 dll & exe, found a couple more optimisation settings

sounds gorgeous and my amp's not even warmed up yet.

uploaded opt 8 dll & exe, a bit livelier, too much ?

can see why most player developers don't want to get involved in this type of tweaking.

uploaded opt9, can it get any better ?
Many combinations now but mqn 2.73 448 intel raw background still sounds best to me (amount of micro details).
Your tweaked LMS sounds very, very good and analogue but lacks some details on highs.
or mqn 2.73 448 intel raw background is noisier and you think you are hearing more detail ?

shall see if putting it on it's own core improves things. Have you tried it with mmcss disabled.
John Dot

Post by John Dot »

sbgk wrote: or mqn 2.73 448 intel raw background is noisier and you think you are hearing more detail ?

shall see if putting it on it's own core improves things. Have you tried it with mmcss disabled.
Not yet I'll try later.
sbgk

Post by sbgk »

cvrle59 wrote:Gordon,
I can imagine how busy you are, but could you take a few minutes, to write and post a short guide how to install, setup and change versions, please?
New people would benefit form your signature, lets's say, including link info to get to your blog.
It is hard to run through the thread to pick all that information, but there will be more interest than ever in this new set up, I guess.
Thanks
hmm, sounds like documentation to me.
cvrle59

Post by cvrle59 »

sbgk wrote:
Thanks
I didn't mean it like doc, just one place to summarize what's spread throughout of this thread.
Those lines to something like MQnread.txt.
i3 Haswell, PPAStudio USB3 card and USB Micro cable/Chord Hugo/Nad-275BEE/Harbeth-30.1
John Dot

Post by John Dot »

sbgk wrote: shall see if putting it on it's own core improves things. Have you tried it with mmcss disabled.
With mmcss disabled SQ is way better on my system now. Thank you SBGK.
Aleg

Post by Aleg »

sbgk wrote:
Thanks

IT-erst worst nightmare, having to write documentation for their software :-(P)
HDPLEX;picoPSU;ASUS Q87M;i7-4770T;PH SR7EHD;Server2012R2;Thesycon 2.24;
JCAT USB;Sonicweld DiverterHR2;Naim DC1;Chord Hugo;Morrow Audio MA6;Naim NAC-282,SuperCapDR;NAP-300;
AQ Cinnamon;GISO GB;Netgear Pro+XM21X;Cisco SG300;NAS-ZFS.
cvrle59

Post by cvrle59 »

Aleg wrote:
sbgk wrote:
Thanks

IT-erst worst nightmare, having to write documentation for their software :-(P)
I do write programs, but more like industrial type of automation, and I know exactly what it feels like...:(:(:(
Personally, I have no issue, I can deal with this, I follow the forum closely. I was more about new people coming in not understanding what the heck these people talking about.
I guess you notice my effort on Naim's forum too. I may be crazy, but I feel bad for the people spending so much money on their stuff feeding it with poor players.
I'm expecting that some of them will start investigating what's going on here. This "new wave" is way more attractive with all nice features beside excellent SQ.