MQN

Anything to do with computer audio, hardware, software etc.
sbgk

Re: MQN

Post by sbgk »

nige2000 wrote:is any of the wasapi knowledge transferable to ks, or are you learning from scratch,
did a bit of listening to jplay, daphile and mqn today,

if i could use Daphile and hear MQn it really would be fantastic
Don't know why daphile sounds like it does, is it alsa or the way it interacts with the slimserver code, it sounds very like a squeezebox to me.

Yes, the techniques are transferable and it would allow the use of KS, so audiophil core can be used as well as ks sounding better than wasapi. Would take a bit of digging to optimise pa fully eg implement memory play, load/play split etc.
sbgk

Post by sbgk »

have uploaded portaudio.dllopt1

install logitech media server, need 7.8 for 192 output

http://downloads.slimdevices.com/nightly/?ver=7.8

install squeezelite from the 3rd party plugins called local player by triode

replace portaudio.dll in C:\ProgramData\Squeezebox\Cache\InstalledPlugins\Plugins\LocalPlayer\Bin with the opt1 version

you can switch back to the old one for comparison by stopping lms and replacing the portaudio file

just a few simple optimisation settings in the build have reduced the aggressive sibilant sound, this is 32 bit, so a 64 bit should sound better, but this already sounds better than the original enough for me to listen to it for more than 5 mins. only wasapi and ks are available, no asio as I don't like it.

in the advanced tab select local player and there is a settings option next to local player which you can use to change the player using the device output debug option drop down box. I am using wdm ks out to a cuinas convertor.

squeezelite can be optimised a la MQn, so more later when I build it eg it uses the renowned digital sounding memcpy

plus you get 24 bit/192 and remote control and can run it headless with audiophils core with this.

from this initial listen, think it sounds better than wasapi

am happy to answer any installation queries, but hope others have the knowledge as well.

playing 24bit/192 sublime
Last edited by sbgk on Thu Jan 16, 2014 11:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nige2000

Post by nige2000 »

is hibernate possible?
sd card player, modded soekris dac, class a lifepo4 amp or gb class a/b amp, diy open baffle speakers based on project audio mundorf trio 10's
sbgk

Post by sbgk »

nige2000 wrote:is hibernate possible?
don't think so, that's a jplay option isn't it ? I suppose all not essential processes could be stopped.

wdm-ks sounds very good on my totally untweaked haswell laptop playing off a hdd. No need to go back to MQn now ? It really is that good and I've only just started tweaking it.
jkeny

Post by jkeny »

sbgk wrote:
nige2000 wrote:is hibernate possible?
don't think so, that's a jplay option isn't it ? I suppose all not essential processes could be stopped.

wdm-ks sounds very good on my totally untweaked haswell laptop playing off a hdd. No need to go back to MQn now ? It really is that good and I've only just started tweaking it.
Wohoo, 2014 & another new toy & an advance in the sound.
Is it as good as NAD streaming, from your recollection?
Bring on the software tweaks - let's go :)
www.Ciunas.biz
For Digital Audio playback that delivers WHERE the performers are on stage but more importantly WHY they are there.
nige2000

Post by nige2000 »

damn it anyway
nothing with me only a MacBook, and the logitech media servers not playing ball with the win 8.1 virtual image install.

looks like ill have to wait

this is completely new to me
does squeezelite need to be downloaded separately

damn it cant even get the practice in
sd card player, modded soekris dac, class a lifepo4 amp or gb class a/b amp, diy open baffle speakers based on project audio mundorf trio 10's
sbgk

Post by sbgk »

nige2000 wrote:damn it anyway
nothing with me only a MacBook, and the logitech media servers not playing ball with the win 8.1 virtual image install.

looks like ill have to wait

this is completely new to me
does squeezelite need to be downloaded separately

damn it cant even get the practice in
think you install lms and then select local player from the 3rd party plugins from the plug in tab and then replace the dll.

need to point lms at your music directory and it will scan.

there are various other tweaks that can be applied to lms eg setting crossfade off, volume to be fixed, logging off, uninstalling plugins.
John Dot

Post by John Dot »

It was HELL! But now it's running.
First you need this: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download ... x?id=40784
Then put this repository URL http://triodeplugins.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/repo.xml at the bottom of the "PLUGINS" tab (Additional Repositories) and select "LOCAL PLAYER". Next you have to import your music...

First impression - very good, but do I need Firefox as default music player?

This is for advanced users only.
PC: CPU Q8400, 8GB Ram, Windows 8.1 x64
DAC: HRT Music Streamer II+, Asus Xonar Essence ST (+ HiEnd DYI upgrades)
sbgk

Post by sbgk »

John Dot wrote:It was HELL! But now it's running.
First you need this: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download ... x?id=40784
Then put this repository URL http://triodeplugins.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/repo.xml at the bottom of the "PLUGINS" tab (Additional Repositories) and select "LOCAL PLAYER". Next you have to import your music...

First impression - very good, but do I need Firefox as default music player?

This is for advanced users only.
wonder why you need the runtime

thanks for percevering, hopefully others will benefit

had missed some settings so uploaded portaudio.dllopt2

don't know about firefox question, mine opens IE
John Dot

Post by John Dot »

sbgk wrote: wonder why you need the runtime
Win 8.1 (and Google) told me that (msvcr120.dll missing). Installed MS VS 2013 runtime and no such errors anymore.
sbgk wrote: don't know about firefox question, mine opens IE
It was kind of sarcastic, so don't bother. I just like standalone music players. Web browser interface is all new to me. I'll try IE tomorrow. I'm sick of Firefox.

BTW how to restart squeezelite-win, do I need to restart my PC?
PC: CPU Q8400, 8GB Ram, Windows 8.1 x64
DAC: HRT Music Streamer II+, Asus Xonar Essence ST (+ HiEnd DYI upgrades)