MQN

Anything to do with computer audio, hardware, software etc.
jesuscheung

Re: MQN

Post by jesuscheung »

sbgk,

i modded the PE or the file header. MajorLinkerVersion, SizeOfStackReverve, SizeOfStackCommit, SizeOfHeapReserve, SizeOfHeapCommit. may have changed the checksum to zero. cannot remember. you can see it in a hex editor.

just changes the way OS tries to load MQn. MQn has the same binary.

trying to tell you that i discover something affects SQ. you take it as a offense. you are paranoid. you need help. kindly advise.
internethandle

Post by internethandle »

Well hopefully I didn't play a direct or indirect role in starting a row between sbgk/JC - would hate for either of them to leave the forum as I love MQn and have just discovered JC's "Audiophile Optimization" thread which is a veritable goldmine of Windows/BIOS settings for me to play with.
sbgk

Post by sbgk »

jesuscheung wrote:sbgk,

i modded the PE or the file header. MajorLinkerVersion, SizeOfStackReverve, SizeOfStackCommit, SizeOfHeapReserve, SizeOfHeapCommit. may have changed the checksum to zero. cannot remember. you can see it in a hex editor.

just changes the way OS tries to load MQn. MQn has the same binary.

trying to tell you that i discover something affects SQ. you take it as a offense. you are paranoid. you need help. kindly advise.
I guess the Chinese book of IP law is not a particulary thick tome.
jrling

Post by jrling »

internethandle wrote:Well hopefully I didn't play a direct or indirect role in starting a row between sbgk/JC - would hate for either of them to leave the forum as I love MQn and have just discovered JC's "Audiophile Optimization" thread which is a veritable goldmine of Windows/BIOS settings for me to play with.
Please could you post the link? Thanks
Maplin XM21X 12V float charging A123 26650 LiFePO4 battery/Maxwell Supercap PSU for Mitac PD10-BI J1900 Bay Trail, WTFPlay, Hiface Evo, Bow Technologies 1704 NOS DAC, StereoKnight TVC, Quad II monoblocks, ZU Audio Druid Mk4/Method Sub
nige2000

Post by nige2000 »

jrling wrote:
internethandle wrote:Well hopefully I didn't play a direct or indirect role in starting a row between sbgk/JC - would hate for either of them to leave the forum as I love MQn and have just discovered JC's "Audiophile Optimization" thread which is a veritable goldmine of Windows/BIOS settings for me to play with.
Please could you post the link? Thanks
think jplay suffered more with timing than mqn, haven't tested hpet with jplay ( havent tested jplay in a long time)

jc's tweaks

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=2456
sd card player, modded soekris dac, class a lifepo4 amp or gb class a/b amp, diy open baffle speakers based on project audio mundorf trio 10's
Aleg

Post by Aleg »

nige2000 wrote:
think jplay suffered more with timing than mqn, haven't tested hpet with jplay ( havent tested jplay in a long time)
Nige

Funny, seeing an answer on this forum to a remark posted on another one :-)

Gets confusing meeting each other on so many different forums.

Cheers

Aleg
HDPLEX;picoPSU;ASUS Q87M;i7-4770T;PH SR7EHD;Server2012R2;Thesycon 2.24;
JCAT USB;Sonicweld DiverterHR2;Naim DC1;Chord Hugo;Morrow Audio MA6;Naim NAC-282,SuperCapDR;NAP-300;
AQ Cinnamon;GISO GB;Netgear Pro+XM21X;Cisco SG300;NAS-ZFS.
sbgk

Post by sbgk »

uploaded 2.71 1024 raw background 8 + 0

quite a few changes timer set to 1ms, priority optimised and further tweaks to the render loop, gives better detail, staging, sustain etc bit of a creative burst after my break. I would say it's the best I've heard from MQn.

Interestingly (or not) while others are trying to reduce latency I am adding pauses into the render loop, but what do I know.
sima66

Post by sima66 »

I guess that Gordon's "quiet time" was worth it! ;-)
Till now 80% of the time I listened with 2.71 Intel raw and 20% with 1024 sw, depending on the recordings.
Most of the times the versions are just "different" then better, that's why we come up with different opinions.

This time, it's the biggest step forward! It was never easier for me to chose. It's 2.71 Intel Time 1 and after that five empty spaces.....nothing close!
It's so controlled and clean, the separation like never before, 3D more pronounced, the details..........simply put I LOVE IT!!!

It does not play 16/44 (only Hi-Rez). I don't know if is the same "mistake" like with the first 1024's, but even like this I'm happy (did I already said that?!).

Thanks again Sbgk and welcome back.
I5 4440+TXCOmobo+JCAT Femto-Intona-JKRegen+HynesPS+TeraDak ATX-820W=JCATusb=DiverterHR=Wadia 931/922(GNSC mod)=PassLabsXA100.5=2xValhalla=Stacked&moded ESL57+JAS SuperTweet+2MJ Acoustics Ref.I
4SteinHarmonizers;RR777;Tellus;StillpointsUltraSS
sbgk

Post by sbgk »

sima66 wrote:I guess that Gordon's "quiet time" was worth it! ;-)
Till now 80% of the time I listened with 2.71 Intel raw and 20% with 1024 sw, depending on the recordings.
Most of the times the versions are just "different" then better, that's why we come up with different opinions.

This time, it's the biggest step forward! It was never easier for me to chose. It's 2.71 Intel Time 1 and after that five empty spaces.....nothing close!
It's so controlled and clean, the separation like never before, 3D more pronounced, the details..........simply put I LOVE IT!!!

It does not play 16/44 (only Hi-Rez). I don't know if is the same "mistake" like with the first 1024's, but even like this I'm happy (did I already said that?!).

Thanks again Sbgk and welcome back.
the latest 8 + 0 is an even greater step up in staging and detail, I'm surprised myself at how much detail there is now, maybe not the finished article, but getting there.

are you on 8.1 ? that might be the issue if you are still on win 8
wushuliu

Post by wushuliu »

Yes 8+0 has impressive depth. Holographic.

EDIT: Mqnloader allows quick switching so now I'm able to do better comparisons which is very cool. Compared to Time 1, Time 1 has what sounds like a lower noise floor, more intimate and cleaner. 8+0 does not sound as clean but projects outwards more. Tough call.
Eclipse W6520R/Satori TW29R MTM
Hifime Es9038Pro
3eaudio TPA3251