JC Audiophile optimization on win7, 2012, and R2.

Anything to do with computer audio, hardware, software etc.
tony

Re: JC Audiophile optimization on win7, 2012, and R2.

Post by tony »

jesuscheung wrote:
tony wrote:Just a comment as there tweaks are all on the back burner for me for the moment. That asus board seems a lot more tuneable than the intel board I have. Is that the case?
what can't you do with a intel board?
Not sure what I can't do just that the menu's definitely to me do not have the same myriad amount of options. Often the few that are doable are greyed out. But before I bring you too far into the discussion I am not touching the tweaks for the moment until I get another R2 stick and then intend munching through this menu.At that point I will identify the differences. My comment is a general one and I suppose aimed at somebodh who has had an intel board.
GroupBuySD DAC/First Watt AlephJ/NigeAmp/Audio PC's/Lampi L4.5 Dac/ Groupbuy AD1862 DHT Dac /Quad ESL63's.Tannoy Legacy Cheviots.
nige2000

Post by nige2000 »

intel bios is much different to most others naviation wise
cant overclock h55 boards but underclocking and everything else should be ok

tony your bios should be similar to jc's except for cpu frequency and voltage and jc's has set his ram timing
the ram timing definitely worth a look
all the nasty stuff i think was disabled
sd card player, modded soekris dac, class a lifepo4 amp or gb class a/b amp, diy open baffle speakers based on project audio mundorf trio 10's
jesuscheung

Post by jesuscheung »

jesuscheung wrote:
sbgk wrote:
XA is still converting everything to 24/44100 ? Have you tried it with the dac it was designed for ?
no, never tried.

everything is 44100. not sure about the bits.

i don't get it. let's say play a 16/44100 file, first converts to 24/44100 in waveout version, and then reclock to 32/44100? asio version already is 32bits.

how much worse can 24/96k sound when down-sampled? still waiting for your 24/96k MQn version! hehe
QUOTE:

jesuscheung2013-10-29 10:37:19 [举报]
你說
"使用ASIO4ALL時,聲卡頻率必須和播放的音樂檔一樣,否則無法播放"

我已經手動切換聲卡頻率至96k因為音樂檔是96k.
進而需要切換reclock頻率嗎?
我MMSCC有一個正確clockrate用於44100. 需要切換clockrate用於96k嗎?
博主回复:2013-10-29 14:07:13
如果聲卡buff是設640,clock rate也是為640buffer優化的話,
那reclock還是設44khz比較好聲, 想完全發揮96khz音質,你聲卡buf和clockrate都要重新設,

96khz多出來的高頻是人耳不可聞的,而jitter失真是明顯可聞的
想用高格式文件,我只推薦更高bit數(如24bit),而不推薦比44khz更高的頻率

finally got an answer from pkshan. not easy...
i was wrong to say "everything is 44100" in foobar XA. XA does output 96k for 96k files, depending how you set it up.
basically the above translates as the reason XA recommends to reclock 96k to 44k because you cannot hear the extra high frequency of 96k and 96k can introduce jitter (due to DAC capability). he only recommends 24 bits 44100.

anyone actually tested the same album, one version is SACD(24/44100) and the other is vinyl(24/96k) and compares their difference?
jesuscheung

Post by jesuscheung »

ignore
jesuscheung

Post by jesuscheung »

---------CANCELLED---------
----TWEAK 12----

for advanced user only
this tweak disables all things being smart about networking. hence, hoping to minimum CPU usage.
don't apply this tweak blindly. e.g. if you don't know what MTU is, don't tweak your MTU!

'check you current network settings
netsh int tcp show global

'enabled means use multi-core for network packet processing.
'disabled means use single core. might be useful for MQn since MQn put most processes to one core anyway.
'SQ impact depends on your brand of network card. for me i use enabled.

netsh int tcp set global rss=enabled

netsh int tcp set global chimney=disabled

netsh int tcp set heuristics disabled

'don't disable auto tuning if you don't know your ISP MTU
netsh int tcp set global autotuninglevel=disabled

netsh int tcp set global ecncapability=disabled

' -Let's make TCP faster- recommended by Google
'http://googlecode.blogspot.hk/2012/01/l ... aster.html

netsh interface tcp set global initialRto=1000
netsh interface tcp set supplemental template=custom icw=10
netsh interface tcp set supplemental template=custom

'check your network card id
netsh interface ipv4 show interfaces

'my network card's id is 12. my ISP best MTU is 1492
netsh interface ipv4 set subinterface "12" mtu=1492 store=persistent
Last edited by jesuscheung on Wed Mar 19, 2014 2:58 pm, edited 4 times in total.
jesuscheung

Post by jesuscheung »

updated tweak number 4.

if you have installed VS2012, or VS2013 or whatever on server 2012 or R2, then you can uninstall all corresponding .net framework. because server 2012 and R2 already has .net framework.

the SQ should be better.
jesuscheung

Post by jesuscheung »

ignore
jesuscheung

Post by jesuscheung »

RENEWED
----TWEAK 13----
-DisableExceptionChainValidation
security feature introduced in 8/2012 that didn't exist/enable in 7.

my method:
1. go to registry, look for:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Kernel]

2. delete the key DisableExceptionChainValidation

--------DON'T BOTHER-----
JIE extreme player's method:

save below as a bat file and run it.

reg add "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\mqnplay.exe" /v "DisableExceptionChainValidation" /t REG_DWORD /d 3 /f >nul
reg add "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\foobar2000.exe" /v "DisableExceptionChainValidation" /t REG_DWORD /d 3 /f >nul
reg add "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\lekt.exe" /v "DisableExceptionChainValidation" /t REG_DWORD /d 3 /f >nul

reg add "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\services.exe" /v "DisableExceptionChainValidation" /t REG_DWORD /d 3 /f >nul
reg add "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\svchost.exe" /v "DisableExceptionChainValidation" /t REG_DWORD /d 3 /f >nul
reg add "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\dwm.exe" /v "DisableExceptionChainValidation" /t REG_DWORD /d 3 /f >nul
reg add "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\csrss.exe" /v "DisableExceptionChainValidation" /t REG_DWORD /d 3 /f >nul
reg add "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\lsass.exe" /v "DisableExceptionChainValidation" /t REG_DWORD /d 3 /f >nul
reg add "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\smss.exe" /v "DisableExceptionChainValidation" /t REG_DWORD /d 3 /f >nul
reg add "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\wininit.exe" /v "DisableExceptionChainValidation" /t REG_DWORD /d 3 /f >nul
reg add "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\winlogon.exe" /v "DisableExceptionChainValidation" /t REG_DWORD /d 3 /f >nul
Last edited by jesuscheung on Wed Mar 26, 2014 12:38 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Aleg

Post by Aleg »

JC

Why delete the whole key and not just set it to enabled or disabled?

The opt-in/opt-out per application, I can understand, but what will be the default behaviour if the global key is deleted completely?

Will that default behaviour be the same on all OS's?

Also why use a value of 3 enable/disable normally use only the values 0 and 1 ?

Cheers

Aleg
HDPLEX;picoPSU;ASUS Q87M;i7-4770T;PH SR7EHD;Server2012R2;Thesycon 2.24;
JCAT USB;Sonicweld DiverterHR2;Naim DC1;Chord Hugo;Morrow Audio MA6;Naim NAC-282,SuperCapDR;NAP-300;
AQ Cinnamon;GISO GB;Netgear Pro+XM21X;Cisco SG300;NAS-ZFS.
jesuscheung

Post by jesuscheung »

some processes override the key setting. delete the key completely disables it.