MQN

Anything to do with computer audio, hardware, software etc.
tony

Re: MQN

Post by tony »

sbgk wrote:
tony wrote:trying out the new 1024's this evening and sound good. For whatever reason maybe just my system set up I revert back to 2.66 v2. Smoothest presentation still for me with all required detail. 2.71 v2 also works very well for me. Is it possible to do a 1024 version of this for comparison?

Mjock windows key and x doesn't work on minimal? Using R2 but not in minimal mode. Nigels suggestion sorts it for you I am sure.
be prepared to look at 2.66 again as have a way doing the complete render loop in assembly now which should make it smoother, think 2.71 1024 raw background is best at moment. listening to 2.66 just now and not very smooth, a bit shouty.
Shouty! not for me. I find the 1024's just a bit too sharp. 2.71 v2 is very good also. Had a discussion recently about where we are at with MQn and thought process wondered if we are so close now that it is people's systems that are generating the different interpretations that are coming out? Or just peoples prefererences in relation to how they like music presented. Also not sure if the JKCiúnas I use benefits from this 1024? It seems to work for Nigel but not for me(again all this is very much relative as the SQ from any of these versions is all really high and hard to be unhappy with)
GroupBuySD DAC/First Watt AlephJ/NigeAmp/Audio PC's/Lampi L4.5 Dac/ Groupbuy AD1862 DHT Dac /Quad ESL63's.Tannoy Legacy Cheviots.
sbgk

Post by sbgk »

nige2000 wrote:
sbgk wrote:
nige2000 wrote: mixed feelings about the reclock

its one thing to optimize a pc for audio
it would be a completely different to use an optimized pc/os for developing playback software
what is reclock doing ? I thought the sp/dif converter had very accurate clocks and being bit perfect means that the required no of bits are being sent in the required time frame. So does reclock resync the time to it's own clock which means moving bits about , in which case is it no longer bit perfect.
i know little about such things, it sure changes the sound though
oh thats a rhetorical question right
no, was trying to understand. trouble that I have with it is that it introduces a digital overlay to the sound, at least on my system. I tried all variations of the settings.
jesuscheung

Post by jesuscheung »

2.71 intel 1024 raw background
-in terms of 3d, things are not very well positioned on headphones. speakers ok.
-things are fighting for focus.

possibly make a mqncontrol.exe no affinity version? 2 core and 4 core don't seem to properly restore affinity on i7.
sima66

Post by sima66 »

I'm listening to mqncontrol 4 core with 2.71 intel win 8.1-R2 raw background and and the sound with mqncontrol 4 core it's way better.
I don't know why I can't play "mqncontrol 2 core 1024" with any of the player versions and also, I can't play the "1024" and "1024 raw background" players at all!
Everything seems OK. The DAC recognize the sample rate, but no sound! I downloaded twice.
This is the first time that I'm experiencing troubles with any of the versions!

I'm running Zuma W8.
I5 4440+TXCOmobo+JCAT Femto-Intona-JKRegen+HynesPS+TeraDak ATX-820W=JCATusb=DiverterHR=Wadia 931/922(GNSC mod)=PassLabsXA100.5=2xValhalla=Stacked&moded ESL57+JAS SuperTweet+2MJ Acoustics Ref.I
4SteinHarmonizers;RR777;Tellus;StillpointsUltraSS
Aleg

Post by Aleg »

sima66 wrote:I'm listening to mqncontrol 4 core with 2.71 intel win 8.1-R2 raw background and and the sound with mqncontrol 4 core it's way better.
I don't know why I can't play "mqncontrol 2 core 1024" with any of the player versions and also, I can't play the "1024" and "1024 raw background" players at all!
Everything seems OK. The DAC recognize the sample rate, but no sound! I downloaded twice.

I'm running Zuma W8.
Sima

I don't quite get if you tried that also, but I have to use the mqncontrol 1024 together with the mqnplay 1024 engines.
I can't mix and match 1024 and non-1024.
Apart from that all's well on R2

Cheers
Aleg
HDPLEX;picoPSU;ASUS Q87M;i7-4770T;PH SR7EHD;Server2012R2;Thesycon 2.24;
JCAT USB;Sonicweld DiverterHR2;Naim DC1;Chord Hugo;Morrow Audio MA6;Naim NAC-282,SuperCapDR;NAP-300;
AQ Cinnamon;GISO GB;Netgear Pro+XM21X;Cisco SG300;NAS-ZFS.
wushuliu

Post by wushuliu »

Aleg wrote:
sima66 wrote:I'm listening to mqncontrol 4 core with 2.71 intel win 8.1-R2 raw background and and the sound with mqncontrol 4 core it's way better.

I'm running Zuma W8.
Sima

I don't quite get if you tried that also, but I have to use the mqncontrol 1024 together with the mqnplay 1024 engines.

Cheers
Aleg
Same here no mix and match.
Eclipse W6520R/Satori TW29R MTM
Hifime Es9038Pro
3eaudio TPA3251
cvrle59

Post by cvrle59 »

There is an issue with 2.71 intel 1024 raw background in my system. I do use 1024 control. I haven't gone into extensive test to be more accurate, but if I pick all the tracks from an album (about 10 or so), it would play kind of half way through, then it start skipping. Similar effect like you play versions 2 on computer only, or even worse than that. I have to stop it and start it again.
I did happen pretty much every time when I loaded bunch of tracks. If you play a few, everything is fine. This never happened with previous versions.
i3 Haswell, PPAStudio USB3 card and USB Micro cable/Chord Hugo/Nad-275BEE/Harbeth-30.1
Aleg

Post by Aleg »

cvrle59 wrote:There is an issue with 2.71 intel 1024 raw background in my system. I do use 1024 control. I haven't gone into extensive test to be more accurate, but if I pick all the tracks from an album (about 10 or so), it would play kind of half way through, then it start skipping. Similar effect like you play versions 2 on computer only, or even worse than that. I have to stop it and start it again.
I did happen pretty much every time when I loaded bunch of tracks. If you play a few, everything is fine. This never happened with previous versions.
cvrle59

No issues like that with me.
I normally select complete albums to listen, and can happily select and play an album of say 38 tracks without hicups.
I used both 1024 mqnplay engines doing this.

Looks like a local issue, I'm afraid.

Hope you can track it down

Good luck

Aleg
HDPLEX;picoPSU;ASUS Q87M;i7-4770T;PH SR7EHD;Server2012R2;Thesycon 2.24;
JCAT USB;Sonicweld DiverterHR2;Naim DC1;Chord Hugo;Morrow Audio MA6;Naim NAC-282,SuperCapDR;NAP-300;
AQ Cinnamon;GISO GB;Netgear Pro+XM21X;Cisco SG300;NAS-ZFS.
nige2000

Post by nige2000 »

cvrle59 wrote:There is an issue with 2.71 intel 1024 raw background in my system. I do use 1024 control. I haven't gone into extensive test to be more accurate, but if I pick all the tracks from an album (about 10 or so), it would play kind of half way through, then it start skipping. Similar effect like you play versions 2 on computer only, or even worse than that. I have to stop it and start it again.
No issues here
sd card player, modded soekris dac, class a lifepo4 amp or gb class a/b amp, diy open baffle speakers based on project audio mundorf trio 10's
sima66

Post by sima66 »

Aleg wrote:

I'm running Zuma W8.
Sima

Cheers
Aleg
Thanks Aleg,

I had no idea about no "mix and match", but your explanation make sense. I tried the 1024's with the "old" mqncontol, just to test the difference between mqn players ONLY, and then I planed to switch the control versions. Seems that does not work that way! :-(
Will try tonight.
Thanks again.

Adam
I5 4440+TXCOmobo+JCAT Femto-Intona-JKRegen+HynesPS+TeraDak ATX-820W=JCATusb=DiverterHR=Wadia 931/922(GNSC mod)=PassLabsXA100.5=2xValhalla=Stacked&moded ESL57+JAS SuperTweet+2MJ Acoustics Ref.I
4SteinHarmonizers;RR777;Tellus;StillpointsUltraSS