MQN

Anything to do with computer audio, hardware, software etc.
sbgk

Re: MQN

Post by sbgk »

jesuscheung wrote:sbgk!!!! please make 44, 88, 176, 352, 444 versions of MQn!! also 80, 160, 320, 640.

after listening to the lekt's players, now i am convinced different DAC has the own best buffer pattern.

maybe that's why the vocal always lacks a little something in each MQn version for my DAC. buffer size!

i think it just happens that your DAC's best buffer already matches MQn buffer. 512/1024/2048.
as I've explained a few times before, the buffers are fixed in MQn. I think other players are available if you must have different buffer sizes.
taggart

Post by taggart »

MQnLoad 0.9.13.1030 beta

ADD: Support for Advanced Audio Coding (.m4a) and Monkey's Audio (.ape)
CHG: ffmpeg.exe is now the only supported decoder. Flac.exe, alac.exe and lame.exe are not necessary anymore. See Quick Start Guide for further information. (Thanks John Dot!)
CHG: Quick Start Guide is converted to HTML and can additionally be displayed by click on Help link in options dialog
CHG: Some minor internal changes

If you already have an older version in use, it must just be overwritten by new mqnload.exe.
Then double click on new mqnload.exe once. This will bring up the options dialog. Make your selections if needed, confirm by click on OK (even if no options were changed) and you're ready to go with the new version.

Download: http://bit.ly/1is4g1J
Please read the contained Quick Start Guide!
wushuliu

Post by wushuliu »

sbgk wrote:
jesuscheung wrote:sbgk!!!! please make 44, 88, 176, 352, 444 versions of MQn!! also 80, 160, 320, 640.

after listening to the lekt's players, now i am convinced different DAC has the own best buffer pattern.

maybe that's why the vocal always lacks a little something in each MQn version for my DAC. buffer size!

i think it just happens that your DAC's best buffer already matches MQn buffer. 512/1024/2048.
as I've explained a few times before, the buffers are fixed in MQn. I think other players are available if you must have different buffer sizes.
Btw, is MQN specifically optimized for Intel? That is, is it more likely to perform better with Intel or does it not matter at this point?
Eclipse W6520R/Satori TW29R MTM
Hifime Es9038Pro
3eaudio TPA3251
sbgk

Post by sbgk »

Btw, is MQN specifically optimized for Intel? That is, is it more likely to perform better with Intel or does it not matter at this point?

uploaded an atom and amd version of 2.71 intel last night.
jrling

Post by jrling »

taggart wrote:MQnLoad 0.9.13.1030 beta

CHG: ffmpeg.exe is now the only supported decoder. Flac.exe, alac.exe and lame.exe are not necessary anymore. See Quick Start Guide for further information. (Thanks John Dot!)
CHG: Quick Start Guide is converted to HTML and can additionally be displayed by click on Help link in options dialog

If you already have an older version in use, it must just be overwritten by new mqnload.exe.
Then double click on new mqnload.exe once. This will bring up the options dialog. Make your selections if needed, confirm by click on OK (even if no options were changed) and you're ready to go with the new version.

Cannot thank you enough. Brilliant software and most professionally produced. Changing versions of MQnplay.exe so easily is so useful when we get such prolific output from SBGK!

Thanks again

Jonathan
Maplin XM21X 12V float charging A123 26650 LiFePO4 battery/Maxwell Supercap PSU for Mitac PD10-BI J1900 Bay Trail, WTFPlay, Hiface Evo, Bow Technologies 1704 NOS DAC, StereoKnight TVC, Quad II monoblocks, ZU Audio Druid Mk4/Method Sub
tony

Post by tony »

[quote="taggart"]MQnLoad 0.9.13.1030 beta

Please read the contained Quick Start Guide![/quote

Hi Whatever changes you made it now works fine on 2012R2 for me! Tried the older version on windows 8 and that installed fine. Maybe whatever audiophil optimiser disabled affected the earlier version. Many thanks again as Jrling posted above this is excellently done.
GroupBuySD DAC/First Watt AlephJ/NigeAmp/Audio PC's/Lampi L4.5 Dac/ Groupbuy AD1862 DHT Dac /Quad ESL63's.Tannoy Legacy Cheviots.
Sligolad

Post by Sligolad »

Big Thanks Taggart from me too for MQnLoad, works great and saves me a planned job to convert all my FLAC files to WAV.

I had also spent a lot of time creating lots of folders with unique names for all the MQNPlay exe files which I could copy and paste to my MQNPlayer folder for quick comparisons, no need for that now.

Again well done and I hope more people try it as it works very well and saves a lot of time and effort.
Cheers, Pearse.

Post by Peter_T »

taggart wrote:MQnLoad 0.9.13.1030 beta

Thanks Christof for the very nice program. Especially the possibility to change quickly MQNplay.exe. I would have proposed to use ffmpeg.exe, but you have already done that, I see. Ffmpeg is great : it can extract music from every possible format, also videoclips and movies.

John Dot (thanks) also suggested it to me and I have incorporated that now in my AHK-script. See V1.2 mentioned earlier in :
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2418&p=45672&hilit=Peter_T#p45672

There is now a V2 : with ffmpeg.exe, indication of the conversion progress and it uses only a hotkey (no control-C). It can be downloaded here:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/907 ... t%20V2.zip

It does work in W8.1 and also In W2012R1 minimal server, treated with Audiophil's script V1.21.The problem there is that "taskkill" (in MQN.bat) no longer works. I had to replace it with an AHK command that does work there. ). In the light of Tony's post above : apparently that particular problem seems to be solved? Anyway : my AHK program might quickly become superfluous in comparison to your program.

Another one of my recommendations for MQNload : get rid of the Ctrl-C. You can probably do that within MQNload when the hotkey is pressed.
Another one : give a proper uninstall possibility to restore the registry in its original state.

I also (like cvrle59) could not get MQN in the shell context (right mouse click) menu when installed as user under W8.1. I had to open an administrator command window and install again as admin with the MQNload.exe -config command. Then it worked. Also when I logged in as admin and installed it.

Thanks again for your nice work!
Sligolad

Post by Sligolad »

Just tried some 24 88 and 24 96 flac tracks and they will not load, they play alright when converted to WAV so maybe ffmpeg is struggling to convert HiRez or maybe a bug in MQNload.
Cheers, Pearse.

Post by Peter_T »

Sligolad wrote:Just tried some 24 88 and 24 96 flac tracks and they will not load, they play alright when converted to WAV so maybe ffmpeg is struggling to convert HiRez or maybe a bug in MQNload.
Cheers, Pearse.
It is not ffmpeg.exe : I can convert hires .flac without problems to hires .wav