MQN

Anything to do with computer audio, hardware, software etc.
sbgk

Re: MQN

Post by sbgk »

jesuscheung wrote:sbgk. if i uncheck

"Allow applications to take exclusive control of this device" in "Speakers Properties",

MQn doesn't play. possible to fix it?

coz need music while gaming or streaming on twitch...
MQn uses exclusive event mode of wasapi for best quality, win 8.1/r2 has functionality to direct streams to different devices.
sbgk

Post by sbgk »

tony wrote:
sbgk wrote:recommend this when you are auditioning MQn

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =1&theater
Pearse I hope you have one of them on order for the next listening session? SBGK that requires a leap of faith and is outside of my current disposal income allocated to Hifi. Probably best to start another thread on that. I know accoustic panels have worked for me and were purchased secondhand untested but that type of product I would want to be trialling before I could ever consider it.
more a discussion point, seems as far fetched as MQn must be to the 320kbs brigade
tony

Post by tony »

Thats why I suggested stick it up as a thread starter. TBH wouldn't contemplate a product like that but maybe a thread that grows legs might pique the interest especially since some of us are so susceptible to suggestion!
GroupBuySD DAC/First Watt AlephJ/NigeAmp/Audio PC's/Lampi L4.5 Dac/ Groupbuy AD1862 DHT Dac /Quad ESL63's.Tannoy Legacy Cheviots.
Clive

Post by Clive »

I can't explain why but I felt compelled to run a blind test for the PFM cynics, the reactions are as expected but at least I feel I've done my bit. I will try my level best to leave them to it now.
sbgk

Post by sbgk »

Sligolad wrote:
sbgk wrote:have uploaded 2.59 sse4 intel 8 4 16 16 4 to compare with 8 4 16 16 8, haven't listened to it yet.
Liked 8 4 16 16 8 best listening to 24, 88 track Elvis Costello - Im in the mood again.
8 4 16 16 4 sounded like it was trying to hard to sound good.
yup, agree 8 4 16 16 8 sounds best
tony

Post by tony »

Clive wrote:I can't explain why but I felt compelled to run a blind test for the PFM cynics, the reactions are as expected but at least I feel I've done my bit. I will try my level best to leave them to it now.
Very poor performance there Clive! You should have got a solicitor to word your testing procedure. Very amateurish even I was disappointed with the process you used. Next time RTFM i.e go to hydrogen audio site for the full training course.

You may be suffering from pinkfishitis I know I am!
GroupBuySD DAC/First Watt AlephJ/NigeAmp/Audio PC's/Lampi L4.5 Dac/ Groupbuy AD1862 DHT Dac /Quad ESL63's.Tannoy Legacy Cheviots.
Clive

Post by Clive »

tony wrote:
Clive wrote:I can't explain why but I felt compelled to run a blind test for the PFM cynics, the reactions are as expected but at least I feel I've done my bit. I will try my level best to leave them to it now.
Very poor performance there Clive! You should have got a solicitor to word your testing procedure. Very amateurish even I was disappointed with the process you used. Next time RTFM i.e go to hydrogen audio site for the full training course.

You may be suffering from pinkfishitis I know I am!
Maybe I should post on Hydrogen Audio, Julf could support me there as I'm sure he will as a pinkie on pinkie! HA...what a place.
lekt

Post by lekt »

hi JC,
recompiled https://drive.google.com/folderview?id= ... sp=sharing
are you use WS2012, my OS Win8Pro. maybe bad compile.
jesuscheung

Post by jesuscheung »

lekt wrote:hi JC,
recompiled https://drive.google.com/folderview?id= ... sp=sharing
are you use WS2012, my OS Win8Pro. maybe bad compile.
still not working...

i have VS2012 installed, using WS2012, what else i need?

in 2012, i get this
D:\music>lekt.exe --file "D:\music\b.wav"
Opening .wav file "D:\music\b.wav"...
LEKT MUSIC PLAYER
D:\music>

in win7, i get this
"The program can't start because MSVCR110.dll is missing..."
goon-heaven

Post by goon-heaven »

+1

I installed Visual C++ Redistributable, but still no go.