MQN

Anything to do with computer audio, hardware, software etc.
nige2000

Re: MQN

Post by nige2000 »

Clive101 wrote:
sbgk wrote: all 24 bit, so no go. am doing a 24 bit version that will have 16/44.1 as well, you need 24 bit for everything, I guess you don't have 24/44.1 music, the 24 bit version does 24/96, you could try that.
Hi sbgk

Thanks very much for your help.

I've downloaded a version from folder "mqn 24 96 test" from https://www.dropbox.com/sh/tw9i3e9dkky9j6q/Qe7aL08-jF - not sure if it is the 24 bit version you mention but tried to play a 24bit 96 KHz wav fie and got an error saying MQNControl.exe has stopped responding - exception code c0000005.

Regards
Clive
i would have thought the 24 96 test would work
your dac uses 24 container only
24 96 tracks should work with this
sd card player, modded soekris dac, class a lifepo4 amp or gb class a/b amp, diy open baffle speakers based on project audio mundorf trio 10's
Peter Stockwell

Post by Peter Stockwell »

Clive101 wrote:
jesuscheung wrote:
Clive101 wrote: My CPU is an Intel Core i5 2500T which is quad core SSE4 and running Windows 8.1 64 bit. My DAC is a dCS Debussy connected via on board USB. It doesn't have any drivers as it uses the Mirosoft USB driver. I have had this working with JPLAY5.1 and JRIVER Kernel streaming and JRIVER via WSAPI all fine.

In Windows I can see the dCS as a sound device and it plays fine and have tested it via JRiver and it plays in all modes (ie Kernel streaming, WSAPI, WAV Out etc)

Really appreciate any help or advice on what to try / test to get MQN playing.

Regards
Clive
install:
1. download MQn.bat, paste.exe, a version of mqncontrol.exe, a version of mqnplay.exe.
2. put them all in one folder.
3. if you download mqncontrol.exe no affinity v2, make sure rename it as mqncontrol.exe.
4. if you down mqnplay.exe 2.60 sse4 intel, make sure rename it as mqnplay.exe

play a 16/44100 file, must be wav.
1. ctrl+c to copy the music file.
2. double click MQn.bat
3. music should come out.

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id= ... Utbm8#list
Hi

Have tried as above - no luck I'm afraid - no sound, have downloaded files and copied to c:\musicplayer folder. I have tried lots of different mqnplay versions and mqncontrol versions but nothing plays and I am selecting many different 16 44100 files. I can't believe I'm having such problems, and yet no one else seems to be??

Regards
Clive
I couldn't get any sound from my installation with the V-Link-II in place it demanded 24 bit word length, and while I could adjust the sampling frequency in windows soundcard properties (44.1, 48, or 96k) it wouldn't allow 16 bit as as an optional word length.

My dac has an usb input, and using that directly (limited by the receiver to 16/48) everything works fine. Windows sees this as a generic usb sound card, whereas it specifically sees the V-Link II, if connected.

For me, using JRiver MC19 as a reference, I believe I'm hearing a more natural presentation, I think I'm hearing a lower noise floor. I'm not certain, and could be wishing to imagine these things. MC19 sounds great, MQn might sound better.
Cubox-i2/Volumio/Meridan G68ADV/2 x Amptastic mini-1/Custom Hifi Cables DC3 psu/Audium Comp 5
Clive101

Post by Clive101 »

sbgk wrote:
tony wrote:Clive the 24bit one is the one we are all waiting on for dacs that require it for hires.
There is no working version yet SBGK is working on it

SBGK Thanks re info on version. When I get an evening to test out some of the favs will make sure I note the versions if that fails will contact you.
the 24 bit test version has worked in the past, not come across that error before, shall try and dig out a diagnostic version, it doesn't play, but will give some diagnostic messages.
Hi sbgk

Thank you very much for your help, that would be great and I am very happy to help with testing for you with 24 bit version in future.

Regards
Clive
LowOrbit

Post by LowOrbit »

May seem obvious, and I don't want to teach anyone to suck eggs...

They way I've taken to managing the testing of different versions and keep track is within the musicplayer folder I have subfolder \Versions (within which I keep all downloaded MQn player versions) and a subfolder \Now Playing. When I want to try a diferent version I copy it first into the \Now Playing Folder and delete the previous file there (so there is only one file ever resident in that folder), then I paste it into the main \Musicplayer folder, delete the previous MQnPlay.exe, reneame the new file to that and Bob's me uncle. I Also have a folder with the versions folder, marked \Keepers where I store annotated (filename modification) copies of the versions that score highest for subjective excellence.

Mark
RPi/piCorePlayer/Buffalo2/DSP/NCores/Active Impulse H2s
tony

Post by tony »

Nice idea will give that a go. My version was to have my favourites on the desktop to do AB testing(not blind mind I could trip over some cables and do myself and injury)

For some reason any name I put on the folder in desktop still allows me play tracks.
GroupBuySD DAC/First Watt AlephJ/NigeAmp/Audio PC's/Lampi L4.5 Dac/ Groupbuy AD1862 DHT Dac /Quad ESL63's.Tannoy Legacy Cheviots.
sbgk

Post by sbgk »

LowOrbit wrote:May seem obvious, and I don't want to teach anyone to suck eggs...

They way I've taken to managing the testing of different versions and keep track is within the musicplayer folder I have subfolder \Versions (within which I keep all downloaded MQn player versions) and a subfolder \Now Playing. When I want to try a diferent version I copy it first into the \Now Playing Folder and delete the previous file there (so there is only one file ever resident in that folder), then I paste it into the main \Musicplayer folder, delete the previous MQnPlay.exe, reneame the new file to that and Bob's me uncle. I Also have a folder with the versions folder, marked \Keepers where I store annotated (filename modification) copies of the versions that score highest for subjective excellence.

Mark
there is also the mqntest.bat file in the test folder that plays 80 seconds of the same track for as many versions as you configure it with. Just need to play the track normally so that it is in the files.txt file ie start it and stop it and then run mqntest.bat
sbgk

Post by sbgk »

tony wrote:Nice idea will give that a go. My version was to have my favourites on the desktop to do AB testing(not blind mind I could trip over some cables and do myself and injury)

For some reason any name I put on the folder in desktop still allows me play tracks.
can you post the fist 10 lines of your mqn.bat file ?
John Dot

Post by John Dot »

SBGK after the CA mess I hope you'll stay here on TNH.

2.59 sse4 intel 8 4 16 16 4 looks like my new favorite.
PC: CPU Q8400, 8GB Ram, Windows 8.1 x64
DAC: HRT Music Streamer II+, Asus Xonar Essence ST (+ HiEnd DYI upgrades)
sbgk

Post by sbgk »

recommend this when you are auditioning MQn

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =1&theater
tony

Post by tony »

sbgk wrote:
tony wrote:Nice idea will give that a go. My version was to have my favourites on the desktop to do AB testing(not blind mind I could trip over some cables and do myself and injury)

can you post the fist 10 lines of your mqn.bat file ?
I will but it might be much later as normal life is calling me
GroupBuySD DAC/First Watt AlephJ/NigeAmp/Audio PC's/Lampi L4.5 Dac/ Groupbuy AD1862 DHT Dac /Quad ESL63's.Tannoy Legacy Cheviots.