Recent Viewing

For everything else..... try not to spill your drinks OK?
Derek

Re: Recent Viewing

Post by Derek »

The Rutles (All you need is cash)

Laughed I almost fell of the couch,great stuff comes with some nice interviews in the extra bits.
I think I'll watch it again before the weekend is out.
NigeAmp, NigeSD DAC, Airtight ATM-4, Ruark Accolades, Pink Triangle TT, Roksan Artimiz, Clearaudio Discovery, Tom Evans Microgroove Plus, Fran DAC, Dalkey Audio Interconnects.
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

Derek wrote:The Rutles (All you need is cash)
I remember that first time around (late '70s?). It was fantastic alright.

"Ohh oohh I must be in luv"
Vinyl -anything else is data storage.

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable
Diapason

Post by Diapason »

I finally bought and watched Up on Blu-ray. Marvellous stuff. Think I had something in my eye.
Nerdcave: ...is no more! :(
Sitting Room: Wadia 581SE - Rega Planar 3/AT VM95ML & SH - Bluesound Node II - Copland CSA 100 - Audioplan Kontrast 3
Kitchen: WiiM Pro - Wadia 151 - B&W 685s2
fergus

Post by fergus »

Diapason wrote:I finally bought and watched Up on Blu-ray. Marvellous stuff. Think I had something in my eye.
I thought that it was pretty good viewing too Smon....glad that you enjoyed it!
To be is to do: Socrates
To do is to be: Sartre
Do be do be do: Sinatra
Manc Pat

Post by Manc Pat »

I watched The Bucket List the other night.
A very funny film.
JAW

Post by JAW »

Watched this the other night - more visceral than I expected and with disturbing moments, but good stuff.

jadarin

Post by jadarin »

I really enjoyed this.
k99_64

Post by k99_64 »

Picked it up, impressive but somehow i expected more. Of course the D-day landing is amazing but i didnt feel that the sound did it justice...
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

k99_64 wrote: Of course the D-day landing is amazing but i didnt feel that the sound did it justice...
My usual geeky observation coming up...... the DVD R1 (US) release of this on DTS is still reckoned to be the definitive version for audio.
Vinyl -anything else is data storage.

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable
DaveF

Post by DaveF »

Ivor wrote:
k99_64 wrote: Of course the D-day landing is amazing but i didnt feel that the sound did it justice...
My usual geeky observation coming up...... the DVD R1 (US) release of this on DTS is still reckoned to be the definitive version for audio.
I ordered the DVD R1 release years ago just for that DTS soundtrack. Back then the US discs often had a DTS soundtrack whereas over here we usually only had the Dolby Digital option. It still astounds me anytime I listen to the R1 version. I believe that they used the maximum bandwidth that the DTS compression algorithm would allow. The had to drop some of the extra featurettes just to fit the soundtrack on the disc.
"I may skip. I may even warp a little.... But I will never, ever crash. I am your friend for life. " -Vinyl.
Michell Gyrodec SE, Hana ML cart, Parasound JC3 Jr, Stax LR-700, Stax SRM-006ts Energiser, Quad Artera Play+ CDP