MQN

Anything to do with computer audio, hardware, software etc.
tony

Re: MQN

Post by tony »

Not too far behind you 2 sandisks, 1 data traveller,1 SSD and windows 2012 on laptop. Will probably go ahead and buy a few €20 sticks for cover.
GroupBuySD DAC/First Watt AlephJ/NigeAmp/Audio PC's/Lampi L4.5 Dac/ Groupbuy AD1862 DHT Dac /Quad ESL63's.Tannoy Legacy Cheviots.
Peter Stockwell

Post by Peter Stockwell »

Just been looking on Pie Fight Mania. Unreal! The look and sound like a bunch of crusaders over there! Live or shoot 'em down in flames, or what ??

Been watching Downton abbey, too. I must be hopeless :)
Cubox-i2/Volumio/Meridan G68ADV/2 x Amptastic mini-1/Custom Hifi Cables DC3 psu/Audium Comp 5
tony

Post by tony »

downton abbey is more fun! Have you tried this software out Peter? I feel guilty sending you on the jplay streaming route and a few weeks later I have turned to a new model! I suppose if one looks at the PFM stuff as just taking a quick drive through a dodgy part of town and having a few skirmishes. So funny the thread is just advising of its existence but the usual faffing commences from the 4 or 5 reliables.
GroupBuySD DAC/First Watt AlephJ/NigeAmp/Audio PC's/Lampi L4.5 Dac/ Groupbuy AD1862 DHT Dac /Quad ESL63's.Tannoy Legacy Cheviots.
jkeny

Post by jkeny »

A stunner post, Tony on PFM - blew away the house of straw of these trolls. Disgusting behaviour by the hard-core trolls & now stunned into silence.

I suggest all go over there & read from this post down for a page - it's delightful & disgraceful :) http://www.pinkfishmedia.net/forum/show ... tcount=106
www.Ciunas.biz
For Digital Audio playback that delivers WHERE the performers are on stage but more importantly WHY they are there.
nige2000

Post by nige2000 »

jkeny wrote:A stunner post, Tony on PFM - blew away the house of straw of these trolls. Disgusting behaviour by the hard-core trolls & now stunned into silence.

I suggest all go over there & read from this post down for a page - it's delightful & disgraceful :) http://www.pinkfishmedia.net/forum/show ... tcount=106
i had just seen that
i read it three times i couldnt believe my eyes

if i responded i would be banned im sure
sd card player, modded soekris dac, class a lifepo4 amp or gb class a/b amp, diy open baffle speakers based on project audio mundorf trio 10's
jkeny

Post by jkeny »

nige2000 wrote: i had just seen that
i read it three times i couldnt believe my eyes

if i responded i would be banned im sure
I'm sure you could tone down what you were thinking of saying & yet get the message across. They deserve to be shamed.
www.Ciunas.biz
For Digital Audio playback that delivers WHERE the performers are on stage but more importantly WHY they are there.
Sligolad

Post by Sligolad »

Never had an inclination to join PFM but after seeing some of the stuff referred to above it is not a place I will be frequenting in this lifetime!
Some pretty sad souls over there alright, I suddenly feel more normal than I have any right to feel.

Post by mick »

I have just read the posts refered to on pfm. It is amazing that these guys will condem the sound quality of something they have never heard.
Do any of them have an actual proper hifi set up. Are any of them experts in computers?
Mqn is being given away free. How can that be a problem?
tony

Post by tony »

jkeny wrote:A stunner post, Tony on PFM - blew away the house of straw of these trolls. Disgusting behaviour by the hard-core trolls & now stunned into silence.

Blushing John, personally would prefer to stay under the radar when these threads go mad. I guessed at least one if not all would jump in immediately if mention of money was suggested but of course getting the wrong end of the stick. It was just a little test to prove that the small grouping that poisons threads read nothing.Sadly it worked.
TBH I think some of those guys are the kind of lads that would be stoking up trouble at a football match but ensuring they kept out of harms way themselves. Forums seem to offer the opportunity for these people to carry on in a manner that would not be entertained in public. Trick is to not get too annoyed by them.(Having said that fully understand after years of goading from what seem to me just goldfish swimming in a bowl ones patience can be tested) BTW There are some very decent people on PFM and a number are pursuing the MQN route. Don't blame them for not posting on that thread. Really the moderators should just ban them as this thread is just a link to a free software player created by an enthusiast and to allow it take the route it has obviously they are not doing their job. Again not a job I would enjoy trawling through senseless drivel.

Was reading Sbgk's thread and noticed he offered his code to Jplay and also suggesting they copied some of his ideas.
Disappointed to hear that as it suggests Jplay could have been developed using this route. I can read his posts but am not a programmer so the ideas he is pursuing mean nothing to me except on a basic level where I understand the concept of what he is trying to do.

Was asked a question about amd processors does anyone know if they will work with MQn and what files should do the job? Searched but don't see anything on the MQn thread

It doesn't take rocket science reading through the thread that the guy is very intelligent and balanced.
Peter Stockwell

Post by Peter Stockwell »

tony wrote:downton abbey is more fun! Have you tried this software out Peter? I feel guilty sending you on the jplay streaming route and a few weeks later I have turned to a new model! I suppose if one looks at the PFM stuff as just taking a quick drive through a dodgy part of town and having a few skirmishes. So funny the thread is just advising of its existence but the usual faffing commences from the 4 or 5 reliables.
No need to feel guilty, plus I know how to stay out of bar room brawls ;-).

I've been busy playing golf and enternaining non audiophool visitors for the last few weeks. Playing with winders server 2012 and MQn, is something I'll do when I do have other things distracting me. Probably in November, don't play golf when it's wet and/or cold (guess, I'd never play much in Oirland!).

I looked overfrom 106 onwards on piefight, gobsmacked I am, by the hostility!! Wasn't like that back in the day.

Up to episode 7 of Series 3 with Downton.
Cubox-i2/Volumio/Meridan G68ADV/2 x Amptastic mini-1/Custom Hifi Cables DC3 psu/Audium Comp 5