Build a dedicated Audio PC

Anything to do with computer audio, hardware, software etc.
Sligolad

Re: Build a dedicated Audio PC

Post by Sligolad »

Finally got some time to start on a diagram of the wiring on my Zuma Audio PC which includes PPA kit.

There may be a mistake or two but so far it looks OK so make sure the right voltage goes to the right location if you feel the desire to go this route.

This is not a standard as I am no electrical engineer but it works well for me.

I just need to hit the start button to boot up and the start button again to shutdown.

I am open to all suggestions/comments on rights or wrongs, have fun!!!

Cheers, Pearse.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jci962nb5hcwt32/pfRO0TX939

Post by tony »

Thanks a lot Pearse you went to a lot of effort getting to this point great diagram setting out the formula. The relays I think for most people might be a must have. Currently I plug in the Regenerator,hit the button on that to power up. Then connect to the 2 positives on the batteries and hit the zuma button moving quickly onto the anker to power that on also. Probably need to stream line it a bit.
GroupBuySD DAC/First Watt AlephJ/NigeAmp/Audio PC's/Lampi L4.5 Dac/ Groupbuy AD1862 DHT Dac /Quad ESL63's.Tannoy Legacy Cheviots.
Sligolad

Post by Sligolad »

Thanks Tony, sitting here listening to that Amber Rubarth album and it sounds stunning with a terrific soundstage.
Must get my system setup on yours some night soon for a comparison against yours on MQN.
Maybe I am deluding myself but it appears to have improved over the past week so need a reference soon to see where I am at!!

Post by nige2000 »

great diagram
didnt start yet

this will make it alot easier

thanks
sd card player, modded soekris dac, class a lifepo4 amp or gb class a/b amp, diy open baffle speakers based on project audio mundorf trio 10's
tony

Post by tony »

Of course, lord knows where MQn will be in a weeks time! Probably streaming hires with lan isolators etc.
It is hard to compare when it involves a lot of disconnecting and rearranging. The A/B the other week here makes it much easier and enjoyable.
GroupBuySD DAC/First Watt AlephJ/NigeAmp/Audio PC's/Lampi L4.5 Dac/ Groupbuy AD1862 DHT Dac /Quad ESL63's.Tannoy Legacy Cheviots.
nige2000

Post by nige2000 »

tony wrote:Of course, lord knows where MQn will be in a weeks time! Probably streaming hires with lan isolators etc.
It is hard to compare when it involves a lot of disconnecting and rearranging. The A/B the other week here makes it much easier and enjoyable.
there certainly wont be any meicords or lan isolators required, not the direction the developers going to be taking.
i know little or nothing about code, but seems to me that the gains seem to come from extremely strict efficiencies in the code along with the best sounding instructions.
sd card player, modded soekris dac, class a lifepo4 amp or gb class a/b amp, diy open baffle speakers based on project audio mundorf trio 10's
Sligolad

Post by Sligolad »

I officially withdraw my request for a shoot out against MQN !!!!

Finally got a Wintogo stick setup with server core 2012 R2 Minimal Install running MQN 2.53 and it is amazing.....what else can I say.
Running it on the Cirrus7 with Teddy Pardo supply.

Hopefully over the coming weeks I will be posting more on the MQN Thread once I come to grips with it.

Post by jkeny »

Sligolad wrote:I officially withdraw my request for a shoot out against MQN !!!!

Finally got a Wintogo stick setup with server core 2012 R2 Minimal Install running MQN 2.53 and it is amazing.....what else can I say.
Running it on the Cirrus7 with Teddy Pardo supply.

Hopefully over the coming weeks I will be posting more on the MQN Thread once I come to grips with it.
:)
www.Ciunas.biz
For Digital Audio playback that delivers WHERE the performers are on stage but more importantly WHY they are there.
nige2000

Post by nige2000 »

Pearse

did you try MQn on the superzuma yet?
Sligolad

Post by Sligolad »

Holding off on that at the moment Nige, I plan to install on the SSD drive for the Zuma at some point or maybe buy another CF card on which I can hopefully install SC2012 R2, this weekend is written off for me and I will be travelling the weeks after so no options opening up at the moment.
Just playing around with the different versions at the moment trying to get comfortable with MQN, trying to get the FLAC convertor running as well or else a big batch conversion to WAV on the cards.