Build a dedicated Audio PC

Anything to do with computer audio, hardware, software etc.
Ken Moreland

Re: Build a dedicated Audio PC

Post by Ken Moreland »

Sorry Nige , my question is poorly phrased.
What voltage is the battery displaying by itself?
Which did you think gave the greatest improvement - Battery on Pico or battery on Motherboard ?
KM
i5 QuietPC , JplayFemto , Singxer SU-6 , Holo Audio Spring DAC ,LAB12 Preamp, Roundtree Mono Amps, Rosso Fiorentino Elba 2 Speakers
nige2000

Post by nige2000 »

Ken Moreland wrote:Sorry Nige , my question is poorly phrased.
What voltage is the battery displaying by itself?
Which did you think gave the greatest improvement - Battery on Pico or battery on Motherboard ?
KM
with you now

batteries read 12.5/6volts on their own
relatively equal improvement
its a worthwhile improvement from vehicle batteries never mind straight from the linear
sd card player, modded soekris dac, class a lifepo4 amp or gb class a/b amp, diy open baffle speakers based on project audio mundorf trio 10's
jkeny

Post by jkeny »

That's a heart attack waiting to happen when those grips fall against one another - a nice 70amp short is a sight to behold & an acoustic event of interest :)
www.Ciunas.biz
For Digital Audio playback that delivers WHERE the performers are on stage but more importantly WHY they are there.
nige2000

Post by nige2000 »

There good and tight
no fireworks
just incase anyone's worried its not a permanent solution
sd card player, modded soekris dac, class a lifepo4 amp or gb class a/b amp, diy open baffle speakers based on project audio mundorf trio 10's
mick

Post by mick »

Just a thought, If you bought dearer grips would they improve Sound Quality?
tony

Post by tony »

They would need to be gold plated and treating with deoxit to improve things.
GroupBuySD DAC/First Watt AlephJ/NigeAmp/Audio PC's/Lampi L4.5 Dac/ Groupbuy AD1862 DHT Dac /Quad ESL63's.Tannoy Legacy Cheviots.
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

mick wrote:Just a thought, If you bought dearer grips would they improve Sound Quality?

The Russ Andrews cryogenically treated grips eh? Worth the money I'd say.
Vinyl -anything else is data storage.

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable
Ken Moreland

Post by Ken Moreland »

Nige, if you have a battery connected direct to Motherboard is it still discharging even when the PC is switched off? In the case of a Maplin for example it may still be supplying current but in the case of a battery it will discharge. I'm not sure what's the operating principle of the on/off switch, really I'm trying to figure are we bypassing the switch on our feed into the motherboard.
i5 QuietPC , JplayFemto , Singxer SU-6 , Holo Audio Spring DAC ,LAB12 Preamp, Roundtree Mono Amps, Rosso Fiorentino Elba 2 Speakers
nige2000

Post by nige2000 »

Ken Moreland wrote:Nige, if you have a battery connected direct to Motherboard is it still discharging even when the PC is switched off? In the case of a Maplin for example it may still be supplying current but in the case of a battery it will discharge. I'm not sure what's the operating principle of the on/off switch, really I'm trying to figure are we bypassing the switch on our feed into the motherboard.
the battery connected to the 4 pin cpu socket only draws current while the pc is switched on,
the pico could draw up to 0.1 of an amp when the pc is off so it will drain the battery eventually if the power supply is turned off
tony

Post by tony »

http://linitx.com/product/5v-power-inje ... 493g/12849

Nigel are you just made redundant as our resident usb cable builder by this link?
Must check the rest of store out as it looks good
GroupBuySD DAC/First Watt AlephJ/NigeAmp/Audio PC's/Lampi L4.5 Dac/ Groupbuy AD1862 DHT Dac /Quad ESL63's.Tannoy Legacy Cheviots.