What music did you buy/get in the post today?

Rock/Blues/Jazz/World/Folk/Country etc.
Derek

Re: What music did you buy/get in the post today?

Post by Derek »

Ther are so many versions of that song, all of them very sing-along-able.

Mind you if only some one would cover "Bo Carter's" - "My Pencil Won't Write No More"

With lines like

I lay down at my bed, just to write a line,
I could feel my old pencil droppin' forward all the time
Because the lead's all gone, oh the lead's all gone,
oh the lead's all gone, the pencil won't write no more
NigeAmp, NigeSD DAC, Airtight ATM-4, Ruark Accolades, Pink Triangle TT, Roksan Artimiz, Clearaudio Discovery, Tom Evans Microgroove Plus, Fran DAC, Dalkey Audio Interconnects.
Diapason

Post by Diapason »

Ah, but I wouldn't like to be overheard singing that one to myself. Big Ten Inch is another story!
Nerdcave: ...is no more! :(
Sitting Room: Wadia 581SE - Rega Planar 3/AT VM95ML & SH - Bluesound Node II - Copland CSA 100 - Audioplan Kontrast 3
Kitchen: WiiM Pro - Wadia 151 - B&W 685s2
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

Derek wrote:One of my very favourite titles along this sordid line comes from "Cow Cow Davenport" - "I'm gonna tell you in front so you won't feel hurt behind"
If that's yer kinda thing..... a show I did last year....
http://www.archive.org/details/Bitn29-08-09RisqueRb
Vinyl -anything else is data storage.

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable
mick

Post by mick »

Hawkwind 'Cosmic Overdrive' triple live cd. Excellent.

Great album by two top songwriters
Derek

Post by Derek »

Ivor wrote:
Derek wrote:One of my very favourite titles along this sordid line comes from "Cow Cow Davenport" - "I'm gonna tell you in front so you won't feel hurt behind"
If that's yer kinda thing..... a show I did last year....
http://www.archive.org/details/Bitn29-08-09RisqueRb
Sounds like I may have contributed to that show.
In the words of Tom Learer "Smut, I'm for it"
NigeAmp, NigeSD DAC, Airtight ATM-4, Ruark Accolades, Pink Triangle TT, Roksan Artimiz, Clearaudio Discovery, Tom Evans Microgroove Plus, Fran DAC, Dalkey Audio Interconnects.
cybot

Post by cybot »

This beautiful 4 Lp package arrived at lunchtime. Can't wait to hear what the pioneer of early BBC Electronic Music sounds like :-)

cybot

Post by cybot »

Raven Chacon - At the point where the rivers crossed,we drew our knives...
cybot

Post by cybot »

A flying (!) visit to the capital and I came home smiling (and smelling of vinyl!) :-) All purchased in Road with the exception of Roedelius and Grant Green. I had a whale of a time with Gib from Road! Now there's a man who understands what I'm talking about (and vice versa!) and a super guy he is too.Hell, he even gave me a substantial discount! Thank you... Dave wasn't looking too happy as he had just returned from a two week stay up Donegal way and wishing he was still up there with his family... Anyway, lads, do yourselves a whole lotta favours and just embrace,what will probably be the last real record shop in Dublin,the wonderful atmosphere that is Road Records....so next time you're passing just do the decent thing, eh? One hint though, don't take any money with you :-)

Finally, I had a quick listen to some of the albums below and all I can say is, I hit the bulls eye on every single one of them :-)
A very special mention goes to the Grant Green album (thanks Paul McQ).I was staggered when I played the very first track No.1 Green Street. Here was a far more grittier Blue Note sound than I've heard before and Jesus, what ensemble playing?!?!? Grant Green where have you been all my life?????? I simply cannot wait to hear more of his albums and I shudder at the ones I've missed (and held in my hands!)....and this little baby only cost me all of €14.99?!?!!?

Their very last album after a long time treading the boards. Has to be at least 40 years!

Fenn O'Berg - In Stereo

Sleep Whale - Little Brite
Fran
Site Admin

Post by Fran »

I picked up that grant green in tower last Saturday. Terrific, isn't it?

Fran
Do or do not, there is no try
cybot

Post by cybot »

Fran wrote:I picked up that grant green in tower last Saturday. Terrific, isn't it?

Fran
It certainly is fran :-) That's one of the big advantages of forums like this, you tend to follow up on the music tips etc etc from people who know what they are talking about...