What music did you buy/get in the post today?

Rock/Blues/Jazz/World/Folk/Country etc.
cybot

Re: What music did you buy/get in the post today?

Post by cybot »

jad:
Believe it or not I found all the Kevin Drumm stuff (on Cd natch!); go to the Experimedia site (America) - they even have the box set!!! Read what they say about my Lp copy of Drumm's Ist album....wasn't far off, was I :-)))

http://www.experimedia.net/index.php?ma ... m&x=56&y=6

TW-Ia: KEVIN DRUMM Self Titled 2LP 2 x 180 Gram Vinyl with Digital Download. The expanded and definitive double LP edition of Kevin Drumm's groundbreaking first album, originally released in 1997. Featuring some of the most fiercely abstract and organic guitar work ever heard, Drumm's debut is both jarring and completely alien.Dubbed by some as the greatest prepared guitar record ever recorded...
Derek

Post by Derek »

1. Al Green - I'm Still In Love With You
2. Ann Peebles - I Can't Stand The Rain
3. The Chi-Lites - Have You Seen Her
4. Teddy Pendergrass - The Whole Town's Laughing At Me
5. Average White Band - A Love Of Your Own
6. Paris - I Choose
7. Windy City - I Still Love You
8. Manchild - Especially For You
9. The O'jays Brandy
10. Teddy Pendergrass - Close The Door
11. Walter Jackson - It's Cool
12. The Jones Girls - Eternally
13. Margie Alexander - Whatcha Trying To Do To Me
14. Dexter Wansel - The Sweetest Pain
15. Dee Dee Sharp Gamble - Just As Long As I Know You're Mine
16. Jean Carn - Don't Let It Go To Your Head
17. Harold Melvin & The Blue Notes - You Know How To Make Me Feel So Good
NigeAmp, NigeSD DAC, Airtight ATM-4, Ruark Accolades, Pink Triangle TT, Roksan Artimiz, Clearaudio Discovery, Tom Evans Microgroove Plus, Fran DAC, Dalkey Audio Interconnects.
JAW

Post by JAW »

What a voice!!!
Fran
Site Admin

Post by Fran »

Jaysus Derek,

I see that album - and then I glanced down at your sig line "not now I'm busy" .........
Do or do not, there is no try
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

Fran wrote:Jaysus Derek,

I see that album - and then I glanced down at your sig line "not now I'm busy" .........
I'm surprised it hasn't got Sam & Dave - Hold on I'm Comin' on it.
Vinyl -anything else is data storage.

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable
Fran
Site Admin

Post by Fran »

aaarggh - disturbing images in my head!
Do or do not, there is no try
b318isp

Post by b318isp »

Got a demo version of this. Quality is OK, better on cans. Some of here stuff is a bit naff, but very creative otherwise. For a near 30 year old, she is putting out good stuff. Rolling Stone Magazine named her as a “Guitar God” becoming the first ever female to make the list:

cybot

Post by cybot »

Just ordered this amazing 4 Lp set from Boomkat chronicling Daphne Oram's (Radiophonics founder) career.....and at a very reasonable price too. Also it's the first time this material has been released on vinyl!

*Extremely special artefact from electronic music pioneer and founder of the BBC Radiophonic Workshop: Daphne Oram. None of this material has ever been available on vinyl before, that's over 155 minutes / 8 sides of vinyl cut at D&M and housed in a heavyweight, beautiful 300gm gatefold sleeve featuring rare archival photographs.* Daphne Oram was the founder of the BBC Radiophonic Workshop, a department she more or less single-handedly created in 1958 camping out at the BBC studios for nights on end splicing tapes and working with various modified machines to carefully arrange her abstract soundscapes. Eventually the BBC bent under her pressure and in studio 13 created the soon-to-be-legendary Radiophonic Workshop, with Oram its first director. Among her countless other achievements, Oram is cited as the first woman ever to design and build an electronic musical instrument, one that worked around the 'drawn-sound' technique whereby strips of 35mm film would be manipulated before being fed into her home-made 'Oramics' machine which would convert and 'read' the film into sound. Despite her considerable and historic list of achievements, Oram's life and work remain largely unknown by the wider public. As this remarkable 44-track collection shows, however, her work ranks amongst the most varied and pioneering ever made, it's quite incredible to think that this is the first time any of these precious recordings have been available on vinyl. As opposed to so much of the Radiophonic-era material that has surfaced over the last few years, Oram's work is often characterised by a much more layered and introspective quality, offsetting classic playful interludes and commercial recordings with beautiful, immersive pieces like the breathtaking "Pulse Persephone" and "Bird of Parallax" - pieces that simply have no equal in electronic music made at the time. It would be impossible to over-emphasise the importance and brilliance of this material - it really is compulsory listening for anyone with even just a passing interest in electronic music - her influence can be charted through pretty every musical current shaping the sounds of today. Unmissable.

http://boomkat.com/vinyl/315130-daphne- ... ld-edition - have a listen here...
Derek

Post by Derek »

Ivor wrote:
Fran wrote:Jaysus Derek,

I'm surprised it hasn't got Sam & Dave - Hold on I'm Comin' on it.
One of my very favourite titles along this sordid line comes from "Cow Cow Davenport" - "I'm gonna tell you in front so you won't feel hurt behind" and it can be found on

Mind you "Bicycle Tillie" from "The Swallows" is a great track to finish on!!
NigeAmp, NigeSD DAC, Airtight ATM-4, Ruark Accolades, Pink Triangle TT, Roksan Artimiz, Clearaudio Discovery, Tom Evans Microgroove Plus, Fran DAC, Dalkey Audio Interconnects.
Diapason

Post by Diapason »

My only knowledge of Big Ten Inch is via the Aerosmith cover, but it's a great song. I'll be singing that for the night now!
Nerdcave: ...is no more! :(
Sitting Room: Wadia 581SE - Rega Planar 3/AT VM95ML & SH - Bluesound Node II - Copland CSA 100 - Audioplan Kontrast 3
Kitchen: WiiM Pro - Wadia 151 - B&W 685s2