Devialet 170

cybot

Re: Devialet 170

Post by cybot »

Really, really dead chuffed for you Dave. Welcome back to the show that never ends ;)
DaveF

Post by DaveF »

Diapason wrote:.... if it's a slight reduction in treble I'd cheerfully accept that.
Don't read too much into that Simon. I wasnt completely certain of it. You can dial down the treble by a few dB in the Devialet anyway.
One slight annoyance though was a slight boomy bass on occassion but I've always had that issue in the back room in Cloney's with it being a cube etc.
"I may skip. I may even warp a little.... But I will never, ever crash. I am your friend for life. " -Vinyl.
Michell Gyrodec SE, Hana ML cart, Parasound JC3 Jr, Stax LR-700, Stax SRM-006ts Energiser, Quad Artera Play+ CDP
DaveF

Post by DaveF »

cybot wrote:Really, really dead chuffed for you Dave. Welcome back to the show that never ends ;)
Thanks Dermot. Time to resurrect that Guess the Lp thread soon perhaps! ;-)
"I may skip. I may even warp a little.... But I will never, ever crash. I am your friend for life. " -Vinyl.
Michell Gyrodec SE, Hana ML cart, Parasound JC3 Jr, Stax LR-700, Stax SRM-006ts Energiser, Quad Artera Play+ CDP
Diapason

Post by Diapason »

Zero, and I mean ZERO problems with boomy bass on Devialet. It has some of the tightest and cleanest bass I've heard. Back room probably a likely culprit there alright.

Are you going to try the speakers at home before committing?
Nerdcave: ...is no more! :(
Sitting Room: Wadia 581SE - Rega Planar 3/AT VM95ML & SH - Bluesound Node II - Copland CSA 100 - Audioplan Kontrast 3
Kitchen: WiiM Pro - Wadia 151 - B&W 685s2
cybot

Post by cybot »

DaveF wrote:
cybot wrote:Really, really dead chuffed for you Dave. Welcome back to the show that never ends ;)
Thanks Dermot. Time to resurrect that Guess the Lp thread soon perhaps! ;-)
Happy days :)
DaveF

Post by DaveF »

Diapason wrote: Are you going to try the speakers at home before committing?
Absolutely. It would be foolish not to do so.

As an aside, that Wadia 302 is nice looking player. I only listened to its dig out though.
tony

Post by tony »

Congrats Dave hope it all works out well this time. Make sure you get a good long demo at home to be sure.
GroupBuySD DAC/First Watt AlephJ/NigeAmp/Audio PC's/Lampi L4.5 Dac/ Groupbuy AD1862 DHT Dac /Quad ESL63's.Tannoy Legacy Cheviots.
Adrian

Post by Adrian »

Prodigal Son is back!!!!!!!!!!!

Welcome back Dave................ I knew you would return.............it's time for a beer.......... for he was lost and now is found in the happy arms of a Devialet 170!!

Let the Good Times Roll...................
KenMoran

Post by KenMoran »

Gerry D wrote:Congratulation Ken.
Welcome back to the fray Dave.

I really liked the 170 when we ran it into the EIST Dubhs.
Very tempting indeed.
Maybe down the road.

I hope you both have hours and hours of pleasure with your kit.
Gerry
Thanks Gerry - if you're ever up around Belfast and fancy a listen, give me a shout.
ATB, Ken
block

Post by block »

Oops didn't know the devialet doesn't work from a sever!

That's strange I thought the air module is a streamer like the standalones.
Really don't want to run a pc while listening but I could use my sonos but that doesn't do hi-res downloads which was partially why I wanted to upgrade.

Think I'll give cloneys a call next week, wonder will it be possible for devialet to upgrade the firmware to use a server but I guess if they can they would've done it by now.
Dissappointing as thought I could have a one box solution!