What are you listening to?

fergus

Re: What are you listening to?

Post by fergus »

Jared wrote:I can feel a purchase of the Decca 2CD of Curzon's versions of the later PCs coming on.. ;-))
I only know Curzon by reputation so if you do decide to go down that road I surely would be interested in your assessment of his Mozart.
To be is to do: Socrates
To do is to be: Sartre
Do be do be do: Sinatra
Jared

Post by Jared »

fergus wrote:
Jared wrote:I can feel a purchase of the Decca 2CD of Curzon's versions of the later PCs coming on.. ;-))
I only know Curzon by reputation so if you do decide to go down that road I surely would be interested in your assessment of his Mozart.
I already own his Nos 21 & 23 with the BBC Symph.. and they are wonderful. If you like your Mozart to sound soft, silky and incredibly fluent, then he's certainly a man to try!
fergus

Post by fergus »

Jared wrote: .... If you like your Mozart to sound soft, silky and incredibly fluent, then he's certainly a man to try!
I do so perhaps I will try him out....thanks for that mate!
Jared

Post by Jared »

Elgar: Falstaff - Symphonic Study
Martyn Brabbins/ BBC Scottish Symph
fergus

Post by fergus »

DaveF

Post by DaveF »

"I may skip. I may even warp a little.... But I will never, ever crash. I am your friend for life. " -Vinyl.
Michell Gyrodec SE, Hana ML cart, Parasound JC3 Jr, Stax LR-700, Stax SRM-006ts Energiser, Quad Artera Play+ CDP
fergus

Post by fergus »

DaveF wrote:Image
I only have a very limited amount of music by de Visée Dave....how did you like that disc?
DaveF

Post by DaveF »

fergus wrote:I only have a very limited amount of music by de Visée Dave....how did you like that disc?
I've only ever listened to the Bach stuff on the disc Fergus. This particular recording seems to be very hit and miss for me. Tonight it just didnt float my boat for whatever reason.
"I may skip. I may even warp a little.... But I will never, ever crash. I am your friend for life. " -Vinyl.
Michell Gyrodec SE, Hana ML cart, Parasound JC3 Jr, Stax LR-700, Stax SRM-006ts Energiser, Quad Artera Play+ CDP
fergus

Post by fergus »

DaveF wrote:
fergus wrote:I only have a very limited amount of music by de Visée Dave....how did you like that disc?
I've only ever listened to the Bach stuff on the disc Fergus. This particular recording seems to be very hit and miss for me. Tonight it just didnt float my boat for whatever reason.
Fair enough Dave....thanks for the honest answer!
Jared

Post by Jared »

Elgar: Cello Concerto
Froissart - concert overture op.19

again, from my BBC Collection...