A new isolation product - E_sorb

For Sale/Wanted
Forum rules
Note that Tir Na HiFi does not take any responsibility for transactions arranged or carried out here. It is up to the seller and buyer to check each other out! Please be sensible folks, and if there is something you think is wrong, let a mod know, OK?

To make it as clear as we can, here are some simple guidelines:

a) like any forum, the success of tirnahifi is entirely dependent on discussion. All members are encouraged to participate in discussion of music, hifi, etc.
b) tirnahifi is not designed to be, nor intended to be, a marketplace. Any member who uses the site merely for selling will be looked on suspiciously.
c) those members who choose to sell on the site should be aware that the mods do keep an eye on the stuff for sale, plus the demeanour of the seller. Sometimes we may lock/delete/ban a sales thread on this basis.
d) honesty is paramount in all selling transactions. Commercial sellers who label themselves as such are accepted at the discretion of the moderating team.
e) All ads have to include information about age, price, provenance, etc.
f) THE MODERATING TEAM RESERVE THE RIGHT TO REMOVE ANY ADS AT THEIR DISCRETION.
g) Commercial sellers should approach any of the moderation team in advance of posting. First time commercial posts without moderator contact will be removed.
terrybites

Re: A new isolation product - E_sorb

Post by terrybites »

and whereas the bass can still tickle the trouser flaps, the vibrations in the floor boards have gone.
Bass, mids and highs all still there but more focussed IMHO.
And there's less booming bass travelling upstairs. Hence later, louder listening sessions.
*There is a flexibility in the E_sorbs. So 'speakers can seem a bit wobbly to the touch. Some people may be wary of this if there are smaller kids or pets about.

Have you tried them under your listening seat? Will go for 3 if available (using a stool).

iDad
ConorW

Post by ConorW »

Gerry, Fran
Congratulations on getting the business up an running. I am sure it will be a great success, good luck.

Sounds like I need some of your E_Sorbs. I have completed my TT build project - building a plinth etc for a Lenco platter - and have been trying to decide what kind of feet to put on it. Currently the plinth is sitting on a couple of paperback books, cheap but not ideal.

I assume 4 Esorbs would work well and give some further improvements? What are their height in mm?

Thanks
Conor
Lenco L75 Self build, Roksan Nima tonearm, Benz MicroGlider SL, AudioResearch PH7 phono, Luxman SQ-38U Integrated (or a Wavac MD300b),
BlueSound Node 2i, Auralic Vega, AudioNote AN/E Speakers.
Eist Audio

Post by Eist Audio »

terrybites wrote:and whereas the bass can still tickle the trouser flaps, the vibrations in the floor boards have gone.
And there's less booming bass travelling upstairs. Hence later, louder listening sessions.
*There is a flexibility in the E_sorbs. So 'speakers can seem a bit wobbly to the touch. Some people may be wary of this if there are smaller kids or pets about.

Have you tried them under your listening seat? Will go for 3 if available (using a stool).

iDad

They're guaranteed to improve the quality, texture and feel of your stool Terrybites!!
Eist Audio

Post by Eist Audio »

ConorW wrote:Gerry, Fran
Congratulations on getting the business up an running. I am sure it will be a great success, good luck.

Sounds like I need some of your E_Sorbs. I have completed my TT build project - building a plinth etc for a Lenco platter - and have been trying to decide what kind of feet to put on it. Currently the plinth is sitting on a couple of paperback books, cheap but not ideal.

I assume 4 Esorbs would work well and give some further improvements? What are their height in mm?

Thanks
Conor

Each E_sorb is 50mm x 50mm sq and 35mm high -there is a little compression in this depending on the load, so maybe closer to 32mm loaded.

Fran
Diapason

Post by Diapason »

Eist Audio wrote:They're guaranteed to improve the quality, texture and feel of your stool Terrybites!!
Genius!
Nerdcave: ...is no more! :(
Sitting Room: Wadia 581SE - Rega Planar 3/AT VM95ML & SH - Bluesound Node II - Copland CSA 100 - Audioplan Kontrast 3
Kitchen: WiiM Pro - Wadia 151 - B&W 685s2
Seán

Post by Seán »

Eist Audio wrote:
terrybites wrote:and whereas the bass can still tickle the trouser flaps, the vibrations in the floor boards have gone.

iDad

They're guaranteed to improve the quality, texture and feel of your stool Terrybites!!
Wonderful response, I love it.
"To appreciate the greatness of the Masters is to keep faith in the greatness of humanity." - Wilhelm Furtwängler
terrybites

Post by terrybites »

Deserved that in fairness!
Claus

Post by Claus »

Did a quick a/b this evening using The Pink Panther Theme from "Moon River - Best Of Henry Mancini". There is a night and day difference with my cd-player I have to admit. Soundstage is the greatest improvement with the E_sorbs and it is easily reproduced changing back and forth. So much more separation and the horn section is produced with greater detail.

I tried it under Audio PC but only found a marginal improvement if any. Now for under the amp and ampPS....
Great product! Simple, durable and easy to use. Where do I send the money? :)
Yamnick

Post by Yamnick »

Guys

I read the topic - i defo I wanna tray ! DO You have any samples for loan for a short term (2 weeks maybe ?).

ATB
Peter
Eist Audio

Post by Eist Audio »

Yamnick: PM sent....

Claus: PM sent......

Fran