Build a dedicated Audio PC

Anything to do with computer audio, hardware, software etc.
Claus

Re: Build a dedicated Audio PC

Post by Claus »

Sorry for being a bit slow...
Could I put this Core Server onto my NUC? If yes, I might need a bit of "hand holding" or a few links to files and instructions that I might have missed... Feel free to PM ;)
Thanks,
Claus
nige2000

Post by nige2000 »

Claus wrote:Sorry for being a bit slow...
Could I put this Core Server onto my NUC? If yes, I might need a bit of "hand holding" or a few links to files and instructions that I might have missed... Feel free to PM ;)
Thanks,
Claus
are u streaming as you might have trouble with the ethernet driver
sd card player, modded soekris dac, class a lifepo4 amp or gb class a/b amp, diy open baffle speakers based on project audio mundorf trio 10's
Claus

Post by Claus »

No Nige, I am not streaming (yet). Thanks for your reply.
nige2000

Post by nige2000 »

If you download server 2012 iso
and use the method linked and posted back a page or two
Just make sure you install server with gui initially so your driver and software installs go without a hitch before removing gui
sd card player, modded soekris dac, class a lifepo4 amp or gb class a/b amp, diy open baffle speakers based on project audio mundorf trio 10's
Claus

Post by Claus »

Thanks Nige. Might try it myself. I can see the scripts have been removed by Audiophil on jplay forum as he is going to v1.2...
nige2000

Post by nige2000 »

ok
still tinkering at single pc stuff even though the sq is marginally worse than streaming 2 pc
im in search of ease of use and a more complete system and usable by the technically inexperienced

i have successfully installed core server, jriver media center and configured it to auto login
its completely headless operation and works through an app for android or ios
yould never know it was a computer

heres an example of the app
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_cBexFuvDQY

turning on procedure consists of pressing the button on the case waiting about 30 seconds for it to boot up and start jriver media center and then control playback though the app which has album art lists by artist, album etc etc
turning off just press same button twice shuts down in approx 10 seconds

when i get tidying up my array of power supplies (aka dogs dinner) i will be very very close to what i set out do do

and its still fully functional as a audio pc for streaming

i got three hours listening this morning flicking between tracks on the android app with my entire collection on external hard drive
never missed a beat and with fabulous sound
even the mp3s dont sound too shabby
and never left the chair once or looked for a keyboard or mouse
Diapason

Post by Diapason »

Sounds like you're on to something very attractive there, Nige. Great work.
Nerdcave: ...is no more! :(
Sitting Room: Wadia 581SE - Rega Planar 3/AT VM95ML & SH - Bluesound Node II - Copland CSA 100 - Audioplan Kontrast 3
Kitchen: WiiM Pro - Wadia 151 - B&W 685s2
Claus

Post by Claus »

That is where I would like to get to as well... With hopefully as little compromise on sound as possible... ;)
mick

Post by mick »

Nige,
Great work on the set up. We're you using Jriver on its own or with the Jplay plug in.
Mick
nige2000

Post by nige2000 »

Jplay plug in is used
The hoax as jriver calls it but I think it works