Build a dedicated Audio PC

Anything to do with computer audio, hardware, software etc.
jkeny

Re: Build a dedicated Audio PC

Post by jkeny »

tony wrote: I was going to say something about the kettle and black but I am too nice
I know I can be tetchy, Tony - so what, want to make something of it?
www.Ciunas.biz
For Digital Audio playback that delivers WHERE the performers are on stage but more importantly WHY they are there.
tony

Post by tony »

jkeny wrote:
tony wrote: I was going to say something about the kettle and black but I am too nice
I know I can be tetchy, Tony - so what, want to make something of it?
I will be straight over only I just drunk too much of Ivors plonk and cant drive for awhile but will give you a shout when I sober up
BTW I will have my audiosmiles on
GroupBuySD DAC/First Watt AlephJ/NigeAmp/Audio PC's/Lampi L4.5 Dac/ Groupbuy AD1862 DHT Dac /Quad ESL63's.Tannoy Legacy Cheviots.
jkeny

Post by jkeny »

tony wrote: I will be straight over only I just drunk too much of Ivors plonk and cant drive for awhile but will give you a shout when I sober up
OK, let's take it outside when you sober up.
I hope you have those Audiosmile tweeters pointing at the ceiling as they recommended, hehe, best laugh I had in a while.
www.Ciunas.biz
For Digital Audio playback that delivers WHERE the performers are on stage but more importantly WHY they are there.
tony

Post by tony »

I noticed when shopping for the H5.s case that there is an option to buy riser cards for what seems reasonable money compared to other sites.
Now I wont need one unless SOTM usb cards hit the €45 mark or Pearse thinks his is contaminating his system but for people needing this option seems good value.
GroupBuySD DAC/First Watt AlephJ/NigeAmp/Audio PC's/Lampi L4.5 Dac/ Groupbuy AD1862 DHT Dac /Quad ESL63's.Tannoy Legacy Cheviots.
tony

Post by tony »

jkeny wrote:
tony wrote: I will be straight over only I just drunk too much of Ivors plonk and cant drive for awhile but will give you a shout when I sober up
OK, let's take it outside when you sober up.
I hope you have those Audiosmile tweeters pointing at the ceiling as they recommended, hehe, best laugh I had in a while.

Look I think we should just take this over to pfm at least I will get some support there.
jkeny

Post by jkeny »

BTW, if pointing at the ceiling didn't tame down thoseAudiosmile tweeters, was their next suggestion to position them behind the sofa?
www.Ciunas.biz
nige2000

Post by nige2000 »

ding ding!!!

tony i bought this it works fine:
http://www.ebay.ie/itm/110953766792?ssP ... 1439.l2649
sd card player, modded soekris dac, class a lifepo4 amp or gb class a/b amp, diy open baffle speakers based on project audio mundorf trio 10's
tony

Post by tony »

nige2000 wrote:ding ding!!!

It looks different to the connections I think required for the sotm card but I see the point re price on that link. Is there something different i.e better in the zuma build card or is it just over priced?

Ding ding are you having a go at the tweeters as well!
tony

Post by tony »

Funny well not really as I hate to see Jplay get any hassle but I knew when neither of my laptops worked with us it had to be a widespread issue.
It would seem Josef believes it is laziness on the network card software side but I think when he gets working on it there will be a solution.
nige2000

Post by nige2000 »

tony wrote:
nige2000 wrote:ding ding!!!

[*]It looks different to the connections I think required for the sotm card but I see the point re price on that link. Is there something different i.e better in the zuma build card or is it just over priced?[*]

Oh dear god!!!! not the "Its not expensive enough cable "thing
honestly dont know it runs a graphics card perfect

[*]Ding ding are you having a go at the tweeters as well!
[*]

dont drag me in to that!!
innocent bystander
i was signifying end of round (boxing match)
regardless people in glasshouses and all that
and if your ever throwing them out im sure there a shit lot better than what i have
sd card player, modded soekris dac, class a lifepo4 amp or gb class a/b amp, diy open baffle speakers based on project audio mundorf trio 10's