9 More CDs for Sale

For Sale/Wanted
Forum rules
Note that Tir Na HiFi does not take any responsibility for transactions arranged or carried out here. It is up to the seller and buyer to check each other out! Please be sensible folks, and if there is something you think is wrong, let a mod know, OK?

To make it as clear as we can, here are some simple guidelines:

a) like any forum, the success of tirnahifi is entirely dependent on discussion. All members are encouraged to participate in discussion of music, hifi, etc.
b) tirnahifi is not designed to be, nor intended to be, a marketplace. Any member who uses the site merely for selling will be looked on suspiciously.
c) those members who choose to sell on the site should be aware that the mods do keep an eye on the stuff for sale, plus the demeanour of the seller. Sometimes we may lock/delete/ban a sales thread on this basis.
d) honesty is paramount in all selling transactions. Commercial sellers who label themselves as such are accepted at the discretion of the moderating team.
e) All ads have to include information about age, price, provenance, etc.
f) THE MODERATING TEAM RESERVE THE RIGHT TO REMOVE ANY ADS AT THEIR DISCRETION.
g) Commercial sellers should approach any of the moderation team in advance of posting. First time commercial posts without moderator contact will be removed.
Ivor

Re: 9 More CDs for Sale

Post by Ivor »

fergus wrote: I bought the Aslan CD many moons ago after I had seen them live a few times. They put on a great live show back a few years ago. It is such a pity that they never reached their full potential IMHO.
I got to know some of them quite well 'back in the day' and I really admired their workmanlike attitude. No airs or graces just knock 'em out and send them home sweatin'. Very sound guys (if they liked you!) and great craic. They even managed a handful of great songs. I love "Crazy World" for a start. "This is", "Hurt sometimes".... all unpretentious 'rock ordinaire' and I admire that.

There's far less talented bands making millions but the business is 90% luck and Aslan kinda wasted what luck they had. They also had a ball doing it and regret nothing. Respect.
Vinyl -anything else is data storage.

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable
fergus

Post by fergus »

Gussy Finknottle wrote:My only claim to fame is my brother went to school with Christy Dignam and he was a tough cookie to teach.But there you go we all have our part to play in life.

Jasus just spotted i only have 8 posts so far,well then again it did take me 6 months to realise the other forum had closed down and i had nobody to tell about my lovely new Accuphase setup.
See, the little gems are seeping out already....and you have probably tripled your post count in the last two days!!
And another thing....do share all of the gorey details of your new Acuphase with us....many I feel would be interested, myself included!
To be is to do: Socrates
To do is to be: Sartre
Do be do be do: Sinatra
fergus

Post by fergus »

Gussy Finknottle wrote:
Seán wrote:
Gussy Finknottle wrote:Nice collection of cd's Fergus,brings back the memories as i had most of them way back then on yinyl but alas jazz then took over my life aswell as getting hitched.Best of luck but i think you will have no problem shifting that lot.I have my money on the John Williams to be the last to go.
Good man Gussy.
Maybe i am getting paranoid or have we got 2nd jazz addict in the former great country of ours.If you happened to be Sean i have some spare room in my closet.Do we have smiles on this forum they can save a lot of embarrassment.
No paranoia Gussy....and we have a number of Jazz Heads around here, Seán being one of them and he likes to talk Jazz now and again!
No smilies I am afraid which is somewhat a pity I feel but we are content to be where we are!
fergus

Post by fergus »

Ivor wrote:I got to know some of them quite well 'back in the day' and I really admired their workmanlike attitude. No airs or graces just knock 'em out and send them home sweatin'. Very sound guys (if they liked you!) and great craic. They even managed a handful of great songs. I love "Crazy World" for a start. "This is", "Hurt sometimes".... all unpretentious 'rock ordinaire' and I admire that.

There's far less talented bands making millions but the business is 90% luck and Aslan kinda wasted what luck they had. They also had a ball doing it and regret nothing. Respect.
Very well put Ivor....I always enjoyed them live. Respect indeed!
Gussy Finknottle

Post by Gussy Finknottle »

Kind of missed out on Aslam as i lived abroad for many years but know exactly what you mean.In my days it was Horslips when they were in town i lost a week of my life.Then every Saturday night in McGonagles it was Full Circle so that was sunday and half of monday wiped out.Friday night in a place i cant remember it was Mushroom.These were all great down to earth musicians that did not know what money meant but had a ball.A lot of the prolems with the pasty faced musicians of today is they think they are god for a week
He who dies with the most expensive HiFi wins
Gussy Finknottle

fergus wrote:
Gussy Finknottle wrote:My only claim to fame is my brother went to school with Christy Dignam and he was a tough cookie to teach.But there you go we all have our part to play in life.

Jasus just spotted i only have 8 posts so far,well then again it did take me 6 months to realise the other forum had closed down and i had nobody to tell about my lovely new Accuphase setup.
See, the little gems are seeping out already....and you have probably tripled your post count in the last two days!!
And another thing....do share all of the gorey details of your new Acuphase with us....many I feel would be interested, myself included!
To tell you the truth i would not know anything about the Accuphase but i have spent about 3 million euro in the past looking for a better sound which never lasted more than week before i started upgrading again i now have the sound that i cant explain but its the sound
Seán

Post by Seán »

Gussy Finknottle wrote:
Seán wrote:
Gussy Finknottle wrote:Nice collection of cd's Fergus,brings back the memories as i had most of them way back then on yinyl but alas jazz then took over my life aswell as getting hitched.Best of luck but i think you will have no problem shifting that lot.I have my money on the John Williams to be the last to go.
Good man Gussy.
Maybe i am getting paranoid or have we got 2nd jazz addict in the former great country of ours.If you happened to be Sean i have some spare room in my closet.Do we have smiles on this forum they can save a lot of embarrassment.
Ah c'mon Gussy, have you never read any of my posts on Jazz music? I can't believe that you wrote that.....holy, sweet.... Ah well! Yeah, I love Jazz!
"To appreciate the greatness of the Masters is to keep faith in the greatness of humanity." - Wilhelm Furtwängler
Gussy Finknottle

I have just missed out on six months of my life mate looking for this forum,nobody told me??.
Now i probably going to miss out on another few days reading your posts,which i wll every single one.Just as well as this is Fergus's tread and he has to sell some cd's.So thats me out of here
fergus

Post by fergus »

Gussy Finknottle wrote:I have just missed out on six months of my life mate looking for this forum,nobody told me??.
Now i probably going to miss out on another few days reading your posts,which i wll every single one.Just as well as this is Fergus's tread and he has to sell some cd's.So thats me out of here
No probs Gussy....just please take Seán and his beloved Jazz with you when you leave....in fact you are welcome to him anytime!!!!
[Just kidding Seán....we all love you.....really we do....honest....]
Gussy Finknottle

I feel guilty now about impeding your tread and calling a halt to the big run on your cd sales with my useless banter.So whats left