Lá Fhéile Pádraig Sona Duit

Jose Echenique

Lá Fhéile Pádraig Sona Duit

Post by Jose Echenique »

Happy St. Patrick´s Day from Mexico City!

Pepe.
Seán

Re: Lá Fhéile Pádraig Sona Duit

Post by Seán »

Thanks Pepe.
"To appreciate the greatness of the Masters is to keep faith in the greatness of humanity." - Wilhelm Furtwängler
Jose Echenique

Post by Jose Echenique »

Cheers Seán!

But why are you up so late? Here it´s only 19:38 :-)
DonKC

Post by DonKC »

Lá Fhéile Pádraig Sona Duit from Kansas City! I am 1/2 Irish from my mother. Cooking all kinds of good Irish treats this week.
Jared

Post by Jared »

yes, indeed! a warm St Patrick's Day to all my friends across the Irish Sea! Hope you all have a great time...
Diapason

Post by Diapason »

Happy St Patrick's Day to one and all, Irish and otherwise!
Nerdcave: ...is no more! :(
Sitting Room: Wadia 581SE - Rega Planar 3/AT VM95ML & SH - Bluesound Node II - Copland CSA 100 - Audioplan Kontrast 3
Kitchen: WiiM Pro - Wadia 151 - B&W 685s2
Seán

Post by Seán »

Jose Echenique wrote:Cheers Seán!

Hi Pepe, I'm a night owl. I normally sleep from 2.00/2.30 until 8.30/9.00 on Friday/Saturday & Saturday/Sunday.
"To appreciate the greatness of the Masters is to keep faith in the greatness of humanity." - Wilhelm Furtwängler
Jared

Post by Jared »

Now, I'm woefully ignorant on this, so please forgive the dumb question... but

Fergus & Sean, did either your generation or your kids learn any Gaelic in school in Dublin? My impression was that it was only really an active language around Kerry and Galway? Is there a movement to make it more widespread these days?

Thanks...
Jose Echenique

Post by Jose Echenique »

Seán wrote:
Jose Echenique wrote:Cheers Seán!

Hi Pepe, I'm a night owl. I normally sleep from 2.00/2.30 until 8.30/9.00 on Friday/Saturday & Saturday/Sunday.
I usually go to bed around 11:30 because my Newfoundland insists on being walked around 5:30 AM., especially in the summer.
Seán

Post by Seán »

Jared wrote:Now, I'm woefully ignorant on this, so please forgive the dumb question... but

Fergus & Sean, did either your generation or your kids learn any Gaelic in school in Dublin? My impression was that it was only really an active language around Kerry and Galway? Is there a movement to make it more widespread these days?

Thanks...
Oh do not get me started on the Irish language please! Suffice it to say that Irish children have to do Irish throughout the entire primary and secondary level schooling and in my view is not taught well. Some people love it and then there are people like me. ;) I should say no more. My eldest struggled with it and my youngest found it easy but doesn't like it.

And now I am going to have a glass of one of Ivor's lovely red. :)