For everything else..... try not to spill your drinks OK?
dorian

Post by dorian »

Hi, I'm dorian and I'm audiohoolic...
This is my first post. I readed some random posts here, look's like a serious hi-fi forum and hats off to members. First of all I will apologies for bad english language, is not native, I've landed to this beautiful island few weeks ago and my english teacher was John Wayne...
I love to enjoy good music but for logistic reasons I left my hi-fi gears on the continent, some of them I'll keep, some I'll try to trade, economic and social reasons are prioritaires, especially for somebody who are decided to quit the continent for a rainy, windy but beautiful island. I'm from Romania, I was here a few years ago, I worked here last autumn for romanian government till december and then I decided to come back for good. So I left all I have there and now I try to start from scratch. I love everything mean irish since I know so after 20 years in Bucharest (2 mil. peoples and 3 mil. cars) I want a more quietly and quality life. So, here I'm am, lookin' for any job in these lovely times...ha, ha.
But enough about me, the reason for beeing here is the same passion for music and for the serious hardware. Like many decent and sober peoples I know what mean to crawl on the carpet lookin' for the hot spot, spending hours trying to reveal difference betwen wires and coming at home devastated from a showroom after some listening sessions. Nothing new on the west front...
I salute all once again and I hope that you not have some strange initiatic ritual for innocent novices...
Diapason

Re: Newbie

Post by Diapason »

Welcome dorian, and congratulations on the brave move to Ireland!
Nerdcave: ...is no more! :(
Sitting Room: Wadia 581SE - Rega Planar 3/AT VM95ML & SH - Bluesound Node II - Copland CSA 100 - Audioplan Kontrast 3
Kitchen: WiiM Pro - Wadia 151 - B&W 685s2
fergus

Post by fergus »

Welcome again dorian and I hope that you enjoy your time both in our country and on our forum. Please post as often as you can.
To be is to do: Socrates
To do is to be: Sartre
Do be do be do: Sinatra
Derek

Post by Derek »

Hi dorian, welcome to our little group, as an audioholic you'll fit right in
NigeAmp, NigeSD DAC, Airtight ATM-4, Ruark Accolades, Pink Triangle TT, Roksan Artimiz, Clearaudio Discovery, Tom Evans Microgroove Plus, Fran DAC, Dalkey Audio Interconnects.
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

dorian wrote: I've landed to this beautiful island few weeks ago and my english teacher was John Wayne.....
Welcome pilgrim. ;)
Vinyl -anything else is data storage.

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable
dorian

Post by dorian »

Thank you everybody! See you around...
jkeny

Post by jkeny »

Welcome, Dorian & hope you find work & enjoyment in this country. I'm sure you will find entertainment & information on this forum which is a relatively sane & happy place to hang-out.
www.Ciunas.biz
For Digital Audio playback that delivers WHERE the performers are on stage but more importantly WHY they are there.
Seán

Post by Seán »

Hello Dorian, welcome to Ireland and to Tír Na HiFi.
"To appreciate the greatness of the Masters is to keep faith in the greatness of humanity." - Wilhelm Furtwängler
giant haystacks

Post by giant haystacks »

welcome very much dorian
is there much of an intrest in listening to music in romania would there have been many record shops or maybe a big intrest taping audio cassettes.
my wife is from lithuania and she bought lots of records-kim wilde-bros-t,pau -bonnie tyler-
scarey listening now
a very big welcome and hopefully we get a good summer to cheer you up
dorian

Post by dorian »

Hi guys, a warm welcome indeed and I appreciate. In Romania is a strong hi-end community and almost all serious brands reprezentatives from USA, UK or Europe are there (Ironically, before leaving the country, one of the friends, dealer, (Pass Labs, ProAc, Focal, Naim, Mark Levinson, Simaudio, Sonus F., Sugden etc etc) offer me the a job as sales manager and client service but was too late, I have other reasons for coming here, not really economic reasons). The apetite in Romania for good music is huge as well. Personally the irish music put a spell on me from chilhood and I belive this was one of the reasons for beeing here. I was in many pubs especially during my work here last fall (now pretty rare, austerity budget, no job :)) and everytime I was hipnotysed by the quality of the show. I admire the giantesque nativity and musical performing skills of irish people.
On the other hand I will miss the experiments in showroom trying new components or to find the best match with a glass of the old friend j. walker in hands...:(