Tir Na Hifi Meet Up @ The Listening Suite

TLS

Re: Tir Na Hifi Meet Up @ The Listening Suite

Post by TLS »

Hi Guys,
What a great night, we really enjoyed it.
Thanks to everyone for coming and looking forward to the next one for more chat. and more music especially John Martyn and Shelby Lynn :)
The units we listened too are as follows: Ifi iUSB, Ifi iDAC, April Music Eximus DP1, Meitner MA-1 DAC, John Kenny DAC.
Hope to see you all at the next one.

David, Jonathan
The Listening Suite
terrybites

Post by terrybites »

Many thanks to all for making us newbies feel so welcome; to J and D for the info, demo and facilities and to John Martyn in particular, for his patience and not getting hacked off doing the same number over, and over and over...

Biggest takeaways of the evening (for me) were that computer/dac as a source is a revelation, that pc's (based on last nights evidence), are going the same route as cd, and that Jaffa cake packets are too damned small!

T
TLS

Post by TLS »

Thank you all for the comments. It was an absolute pleasure to host the night.

I am surprised only one pack of Jaffas was eaten (possibly because a lot of talking went on!)

We have deleted the first minute of the John Martyn track and now enjoy the second half only.

Some of you were inquiring about prices, so;

April Music Eximus DP1 is €3,010.
iFfi iDAC is €300.
iFi headphone amp is €250.
iFi USB power supply is €200.

Thanks again,

Jonathan
Rocker

Post by Rocker »

tony wrote:Look forward to more oh btw the avantgardes sounded quiet good as well if unfortunately only fed one bloddy john martyn track all night
Sounds like a great evening, I hope to make it the next night. Glad to read that the John Martyn music selected for the evening did not finish the way the 'Sonny Boy' episode of Jeeves and Wooster ended....:)
It's OK, if there is no bread I will eat cake.

Beware of a thin chef!
Claus

Post by Claus »

Really sorry I missed this, but the one meeting the whole year that I could not get out of, had to be on that day! Thanks to the lads and great to see all the positive feedback and I look forward to the next one...
TLS

Post by TLS »

Sorry guys,

I put the incorrect price up for the April Music DP1, the correct price is €2,460.

Apologies,

Jonathan
Diapason

Post by Diapason »

Wow, we're saving money already!
Nerdcave: ...is no more! :(
Sitting Room: Wadia 581SE - Rega Planar 3/AT VM95ML & SH - Bluesound Node II - Copland CSA 100 - Audioplan Kontrast 3
Kitchen: WiiM Pro - Wadia 151 - B&W 685s2