Electronica - what are you listening to?

Rock/Blues/Jazz/World/Folk/Country etc.
cybot

Re: Electronica - what are you listening to?

Post by cybot »

jadarin wrote:Image
One of my all time favourites :) Mad, bad and crazy! I have the triple vinyl edition and I wouldn't part with it for the world!
jadarin

Post by jadarin »

cybot

Post by cybot »

jadarin wrote:
cybot wrote:
Adrian wrote:Another masterpiece from The Orb........ The Observer in the Star house.... featuring Lee Scratch Perry...

Golden Clouds..........

I say to the funk, I funk out the funk, and I cast out the punk, cast out the junk then I threaten the monk.... monk be monk, funk be funk ...and ...punk be punk ...and ....junk be junk
I was going to get this myself but haven't got an Orb album in ages! I might just take the plunge now :) Thanks for the tip Adrian!
I might give that a go also..Their last one with DG was a bit disappointing,i expected alot more,but this one has had some very positive reviews..
My thoughts exactly!
cybot

Post by cybot »

Vinyl I just got today :) Two side long drones using acoustic/electric guitars, bouzouki, sarangi,tambura,organ,hurdy-gurdy,electronics, field recordings and voice.

Kawabata Makoto - White Summer of Love Dreamer
cybot

Post by cybot »

Vinyl...I thank God every day that nobody makes music quite like this.....and never will :) His feel for sounds, rhythms and innocent quirkiness is unsurpassed....

jadarin

Post by jadarin »

cybot wrote:

Yeah! Don't have it though along with another one relating to mothers! Is Basin Street Blues on the album. I have the 7" :)
Basin Street Blues is on the album alright,nothing special about the album.
Your Mom'S Favourite Dj is the other one.
jadarin

Post by jadarin »

cybot wrote:
One of my all time favourites :) Mad, bad and crazy! I have the triple vinyl edition and I wouldn't part with it for the world!
Great album!!It's held up pretty well hasn't it ,Dermot..
cybot

Post by cybot »

jadarin wrote:
cybot wrote:

Yeah! Don't have it though along with another one relating to mothers! Is Basin Street Blues on the album. I have the 7" :)
Basin Street Blues is on the album alright,nothing special about the album.
Your Mom'S Favourite Dj is the other one.
Wasn't too impressed by the single. That's why I didn't bother with the album though I don't normally make judgements like that! Carpal Tunnel Syndrome was an extremely hard act to follow anyway! The new one's not bad but there's something missing.... The 10" Space Cadet is a different beast entirely and could actually be his finest (subtle) moment. I love it :)
cybot

Post by cybot »

jadarin wrote:
cybot wrote:
Great album!!It's held up pretty well hasn't it ,Dermot..
It certainly has John. The one thing about listening to this album is I always end up listening to the whole six sides in one sitting! That's unheard of from me as I tend to only play one side of an Lp for some obscure reason and then maybe I'll play the other side later! But with this I find I'm drawn in whether I like it or not :)
cybot

Post by cybot »

That sounds terrific John! Thank God for bandcamp, eh?