Electronica - what are you listening to?

Rock/Blues/Jazz/World/Folk/Country etc.
Adrian

Re: Electronica - what are you listening to?

Post by Adrian »

Just in case you were bored..........

Talvihorros...... Descent into Delta...on vinyl.

A complex mismash of acoustic crescendos attempting to mimic the brain going to sleep. Too early to give an opinion on this one.. but considering there may be some of you desperate to find out, here is a excerpt from brainwashed.com

Descent derives its title from the brain waves associated with deep sleep, which is a curious but apt theme for this album to have. It's "curious" because all of these pieces originated as solo guitar improvisations, which are not commonly associated with ambitious conceptual underpinnings. However, Chatwin spend an enormous amount of time honing that raw material into something larger and deeper and it shows: the completed album feels like a coherent, composed song suite that follows a clear narrative arc from gamma (anxiety) all the way to delta (slumber). This is actually the first time that Chatwin has assembled an album in this fashion, as his previous studio efforts have had little in common with his live improvisations.

http://www.brainwashed.com/index.php?op ... Itemid=133
Let the Good Times Roll...................
Adrian

Post by Adrian »

Another masterpiece from The Orb........ The Observer in the Star house.... featuring Lee Scratch Perry...

Golden Clouds..........

I say to the funk, I funk out the funk, and I cast out the punk, cast out the junk then I threaten the monk.... monk be monk, funk be funk ...and ...punk be punk ...and ....junk be junk
Adrian

Post by Adrian »

Currently listening to Loscil.......... Submers.... very nice and ambient.

cybot

Post by cybot »

Adrian wrote:Just in case you were bored..........

Talvihorros...... Descent into Delta...on vinyl.

A complex mismash of acoustic crescendos attempting to mimic the brain going to sleep. Too early to give an opinion on this one.. but considering there may be some of you desperate to find out, here is a excerpt from brainwashed.com

Descent derives its title from the brain waves associated with deep sleep, which is a curious but apt theme for this album to have. It's "curious" because all of these pieces originated as solo guitar improvisations, which are not commonly associated with ambitious conceptual underpinnings. However, Chatwin spend an enormous amount of time honing that raw material into something larger and deeper and it shows: the completed album feels like a coherent, composed song suite that follows a clear narrative arc from gamma (anxiety) all the way to delta (slumber). This is actually the first time that Chatwin has assembled an album in this fashion, as his previous studio efforts have had little in common with his live improvisations.

http://www.brainwashed.com/index.php?op ... Itemid=133
Great stuff Adrian! Thanks :)
cybot

Post by cybot »

Adrian wrote:Another masterpiece from The Orb........ The Observer in the Star house.... featuring Lee Scratch Perry...

Golden Clouds..........

I say to the funk, I funk out the funk, and I cast out the punk, cast out the junk then I threaten the monk.... monk be monk, funk be funk ...and ...punk be punk ...and ....junk be junk
I was going to get this myself but haven't got an Orb album in ages! I might just take the plunge now :) Thanks for the tip Adrian!
jadarin

Post by jadarin »

cybot wrote:
Adrian wrote:Another masterpiece from The Orb........ The Observer in the Star house.... featuring Lee Scratch Perry...

Golden Clouds..........

I was going to get this myself but haven't got an Orb album in ages! I might just take the plunge now :) Thanks for the tip Adrian!
I might give that a go also..Their last one with DG was a bit disappointing,i expected alot more,but this one has had some very positive reviews..
jadarin

Post by jadarin »

jadarin

Post by jadarin »

cybot

Post by cybot »

jadarin wrote:Image

Yeah! Don't have it though along with another one relating to mothers! Is Basin Street Blues on the album. I have the 7" :)