What music did you buy/get in the post today?

Rock/Blues/Jazz/World/Folk/Country etc.
cybot

Re: What music did you buy/get in the post today?

Post by cybot »

Boomkat special.....on three sided (ugh!) 45 rpm vinyl. Photography by Jon Wozencroft.

cybot

Post by cybot »

A quick somersault up to the capital and I managed to grap these on vinyl - one a 10" and the other a double live tribute to no one in particular ;) I just couldn't reisist, could I?

jadarin

Post by jadarin »

cybot

Post by cybot »

Oh, oh I'm trying to stay as calm as possible! This 4Lp + 10" vinyl only monster arrived this morning.....plus download for all three hours of set :) Looks like I'm in for a long night....

Kreng - Works for Abattoir Fermé 2007 - 2011 - Miasmah
cybot

Post by cybot »

Seán

Post by Seán »

cybot wrote:I just couldn't reisist, could I?

I never bought into the Rory Gallagher mania, in fact rock guitar leaves me cold, however, Jimi Hendrix was the exception and stangely, so too was Gary Moore, an interesting purchase Dermot, enjoy.
"To appreciate the greatness of the Masters is to keep faith in the greatness of humanity." - Wilhelm Furtwängler
Adrian

Post by Adrian »

Cybot,

What do you make of the Thomas Kroner, Noyaya Zemiya album?
Let the Good Times Roll...................
cybot

Post by cybot »

Adrian wrote:Cybot,

What do you make of the Thomas Kroner, Noyaya Zemiya album?
Very, very quiet Adrian and not something I would recommend to someone. You really, really have to make the effort and I'd say it's worth it but hard work. It is in fact is very similar to the trilogy you were listening recently - Nunatek etc. I'm telling you Adrian, the most accessable Thomas Koner is 'La Barca' which is astonishing and very, very accessable. Loads of copies on Discogs last time I looked. I'm not sure if it came out on cd but it was a very limited edition on vinyl (double). It's my favourite Koner.....by a mile :)

Edit: It did come out on cd but the price on Discogs is outrageous! 70 smackers! The Lp edition is half that....and yet has five extra tracks!
Last edited by cybot on Fri Oct 19, 2012 7:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
cybot

Post by cybot »

Seán wrote:
cybot wrote:I just couldn't reisist, could I?

I never bought into the Rory Gallagher mania, in fact rock guitar leaves me cold, however, Jimi Hendrix was the exception and stangely, so too was Gary Moore, an interesting purchase Dermot, enjoy.
Thank you so much Seán! It's a surprisingly good listen despite his vocal chords not being top notch. So, even though it was a slightly reluctant purchase, I'm glad now I bought it :)
cybot

Post by cybot »

Both Tower vinyl....the first one a double on Stamford Audio and the other is on Doxy.