System Audio SA1550 & SA710AV, BARGAIN, Be Quick! SOLD

For Sale/Wanted
Forum rules
Note that Tir Na HiFi does not take any responsibility for transactions arranged or carried out here. It is up to the seller and buyer to check each other out! Please be sensible folks, and if there is something you think is wrong, let a mod know, OK?

To make it as clear as we can, here are some simple guidelines:

a) like any forum, the success of tirnahifi is entirely dependent on discussion. All members are encouraged to participate in discussion of music, hifi, etc.
b) tirnahifi is not designed to be, nor intended to be, a marketplace. Any member who uses the site merely for selling will be looked on suspiciously.
c) those members who choose to sell on the site should be aware that the mods do keep an eye on the stuff for sale, plus the demeanour of the seller. Sometimes we may lock/delete/ban a sales thread on this basis.
d) honesty is paramount in all selling transactions. Commercial sellers who label themselves as such are accepted at the discretion of the moderating team.
e) All ads have to include information about age, price, provenance, etc.
f) THE MODERATING TEAM RESERVE THE RIGHT TO REMOVE ANY ADS AT THEIR DISCRETION.
g) Commercial sellers should approach any of the moderation team in advance of posting. First time commercial posts without moderator contact will be removed.
Ivor

Re: System Audio SA1550 & SA710AV, BARGAIN, Be Quick! SOLD

Post by Ivor »

Seriously now... the topic is well aired and everyone can see what happened. Drop it.
Vinyl -anything else is data storage.

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable
aa1

Post by aa1 »

Promise to drop it,if our honourable member will deign to apologize in public-Swear to stop stealing deals already made, and to be a good boy overall:)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7QwCrlM ... re=related
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

Your gripe on that particular sale is actually with www.Adverts.ie Take it there. Any further posts like this will be deleted.
Vinyl -anything else is data storage.

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable
Diapason

Post by Diapason »

aa1 wrote:One more thing, one of the tweeters was pushed in.Did you manage to order,receive and install the new one in these 6hours you owned?or you used some secret technology to pop it out?share with your experience, please
Not to get dragged into the quagmire here, but just in case anyone's wondering I had the same problem with my System Audio 1280s once (moved them, hands in wrong place, pushed in the tweeter). The hoover held close (without making a seal) to the tweeter did the job no bothers, and there were no adverse audible effects.
Nerdcave: ...is no more! :(
Sitting Room: Wadia 581SE - Rega Planar 3/AT VM95ML & SH - Bluesound Node II - Copland CSA 100 - Audioplan Kontrast 3
Kitchen: WiiM Pro - Wadia 151 - B&W 685s2
Vorious

Post by Vorious »

Diapason wrote:
aa1 wrote:One more thing, one of the tweeters was pushed in.Did you manage to order,receive and install the new one in these 6hours you owned?or you used some secret technology to pop it out?share with your experience, please
Not to get dragged into the quagmire here, but just in case anyone's wondering I had the same problem with my System Audio 1280s once (moved them, hands in wrong place, pushed in the tweeter). The hoover held close (without making a seal) to the tweeter did the job no bothers, and there were no adverse audible effects.
Lightly pressed sticky tape onto the dome & pulled it back out. Tested them & as you said, no audible effects. I did point out to the seller that there were small indentations on the tweeter due to this & it didn't concern him in the least. Even if a new tweeter had to be bought, they were still a bargain.

Would have thought the hoover trick was a bit risky, you could end up sucking the whole fabric dome off the tweeter! Now that would be an 'oh b*****cks moment if you ever had one! ha

There's no quagmire by the way, just a disgruntled gazumpee (if that is a real word) with a grudge. The only thing I'm worried about is, who'se going to tidy up all these toys that have been thrown out of the pram! :)
Vorious

Post by Vorious »

aa1 wrote:Promise to drop it,if our honourable member will deign to apologize in public-Swear to stop stealing deals already made, and to be a good boy overall:)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7QwCrlM ... re=related
Stealing deals already made..........................or being a hell of a lot more fair to the seller & pointing out that he was giving them away & making a more realistic offer. Depends on what side of the fence you're on I suppose.

BTW, you were after a pair of Kef Reference 104/2 ,I have a mint pair of the superior big brothers to them, the Kef 105/3 & as I said I would do, if you grow up & stop p*ssing & moaning, you can have them at a really good price! I was going to keep them but if it makes you happy! I'll even deliver them so we can handshake. Can't say fairer than that!
aa1

Post by aa1 »

105/3?its tempting...but Im afraid mamy wont let them into da house,these big bad boys.I ll pm you anyway
Vorious

Post by Vorious »

Not much difference footprint wise between the 104 or 105, what amps have you got?
aa1

Post by aa1 »

humble quad 405-2..
bod

Post by bod »

bless