Recent Purchases

Jared

Re: Recent Purchases

Post by Jared »

emboldened by Pepe's recommendation, I have duly splashed out...

I have also realised I have a CD version of Cavalli's 'La Calisto' collecting dust on my shelf which has never been heard, so I shall do some investigating.
fergus

Post by fergus »

Jared wrote:Image

emboldened by Pepe's recommendation, I have duly splashed out...

I have also realised I have a CD version of Cavalli's 'La Calisto' collecting dust on my shelf which has never been heard, so I shall do some investigating.
As I mentioned before anything that I have heard by Cavalli I have really liked so I will be interested to read your thoughts on that one eventually Jared.
To be is to do: Socrates
To do is to be: Sartre
Do be do be do: Sinatra
Jared

Post by Jared »

three pieces by Mozart which I don't as yet own (and believe me, I was quite surprised to find this to be the case) so I've rectified the matter with these performances, which have some excellent Amazon reviews at least.
Jared

Post by Jared »

fergus wrote:As I mentioned before anything that I have heard by Cavalli I have really liked so I will be interested to read your thoughts on that one eventually Jared.
I will certainly do so, Fergus.
Jared

Post by Jared »

I will have a little money left at the end of this month owing to my frugality in other areas (I've not eaten since a week last Tuesday) so I've gone and spent it on a couple of attractively priced BRs...

Last week, I also found this being sold off by someone on ebay:

no idea whether I'll like it, but for the price I couldn't complain...
fergus

Post by fergus »

Jared wrote:Image

three pieces by Mozart which I don't as yet own (and believe me, I was quite surprised to find this to be the case) so I've rectified the matter with these performances, which have some excellent Amazon reviews at least.

There is some great music on that CD Jared!
Jared

Post by Jared »

^^ I'm quite sure I'll love it Fergus... but you know how it is; you start going through your collection looking for small gaps to fill within repertoire you'd call 'bread and butter' and you realise you're completely missing some pretty basic material, when there are other works you seem to have acquired 4 or 5 versions of...
fergus

Post by fergus »

Jared wrote:^^ I'm quite sure I'll love it Fergus... but you know how it is; you start going through your collection looking for small gaps to fill within repertoire you'd call 'bread and butter' and you realise you're completely missing some pretty basic material, when there are other works you seem to have acquired 4 or 5 versions of...

I have been trying to fill those gaps for the last 18 months or so!!!
DaveF

Post by DaveF »

"I may skip. I may even warp a little.... But I will never, ever crash. I am your friend for life. " -Vinyl.
Michell Gyrodec SE, Hana ML cart, Parasound JC3 Jr, Stax LR-700, Stax SRM-006ts Energiser, Quad Artera Play+ CDP
Jared

Post by Jared »

^^ the first Biber looks fab! the second I own, and you're in for a treat... ;-)