Recent Purchases

Jared

Re: Recent Purchases

Post by Jared »

^^ I also own and enjoy that disk, Fergus...
fergus

Post by fergus »

Cheers Jared. I have other recordings of the Brahms Clarinet Sonatas so I primarily bought this one for the Beethoven Clarinet Trio which I have no recording of at all.
To be is to do: Socrates
To do is to be: Sartre
Do be do be do: Sinatra
Jared

Post by Jared »

fergus wrote:Cheers Jared. I have other recordings of the Brahms Clarinet Sonatas so I primarily bought this one for the Beethoven Clarinet Trio which I have no recording of at all.
it was the same for me, although I do enjoy the performances of three works on that disk... the Clarinet Sonatas are wonderfully mellow works of a man in the late autumn of his life, don't you think??
fergus

Post by fergus »

Jared wrote:
fergus wrote:Cheers Jared. I have other recordings of the Brahms Clarinet Sonatas so I primarily bought this one for the Beethoven Clarinet Trio which I have no recording of at all.
it was the same for me, although I do enjoy the performances of three works on that disk... the Clarinet Sonatas are wonderfully mellow works of a man in the late autumn of his life, don't you think??
Absolutely Jared. It is strange that I was listening to the Chamber Music of Brahms long before I took to his Symphonic output.
fergus

Post by fergus »

Jared

Post by Jared »

Oh dear Goodness... what have I done? when am I going to find time to digest 22CDs worth????

...but the price was simply too good to resist...
bombasticDarren

Post by bombasticDarren »

fergus wrote:Image

That disk is a beauty
Jared

Post by Jared »

Seán

Post by Seán »

Jared wrote:Oh dear Goodness... what have I done? when am I going to find time to digest 22CDs worth????

...but the price was simply too good to resist...
You should dip in and out and enjoy at your leisure.
"To appreciate the greatness of the Masters is to keep faith in the greatness of humanity." - Wilhelm Furtwängler
Jared

Post by Jared »

^^ I've never bought such a large boxset containing all new (to me) material, and feel therefore that that will be the only approach open to me here Sean... of course I'm getting warmed up with Mozart's Haydn SQs, which you so kindly donated... :-)