Rock - what are you listening to?

Rock/Blues/Jazz/World/Folk/Country etc.
cybot

Re: Rock - what are you listening to?

Post by cybot »

Have transferred this post to the Electronica section...
Last edited by cybot on Sun May 09, 2010 7:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cybot

Post by cybot »

DaveF wrote:picked this one up on vinyl recently. Surely one of the best 'live' rock records available.

Ah right, now I see it :-)) Is it the Friday Music version? A classic that I simply cannot get into as much as I used to :-(( 'Still in Love with You' still does it for me though and I love 'Emerald' and 'Southbound' too...
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

Picked up at my local Oxfam for €7 and I imagine worth every penny. It's not something I love on first listen but I've been around long enough to know that sometimes the ones that take ages are the best. Some really good bits thought.
Vinyl -anything else is data storage.

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable
DaveF

Post by DaveF »

cybot wrote:
DaveF wrote:picked this one up on vinyl recently. Surely one of the best 'live' rock records available.

Ah right, now I see it :-)) Is it the Friday Music version? A classic that I simply cannot get into as much as I used to :-(( 'Still in Love with You' still does it for me though and I love 'Emerald' and 'Southbound' too...
The one I have is pretty old, though in good nick. What is the Friday Music version??
"I may skip. I may even warp a little.... But I will never, ever crash. I am your friend for life. " -Vinyl.
Michell Gyrodec SE, Hana ML cart, Parasound JC3 Jr, Stax LR-700, Stax SRM-006ts Energiser, Quad Artera Play+ CDP
fergus

Post by fergus »

Prompted by its recent appearance in another thread I gave this one a spin earlier today....

....and it still sounds great!!
To be is to do: Socrates
To do is to be: Sartre
Do be do be do: Sinatra
cybot

Post by cybot »

DaveF wrote:
cybot wrote:

The one I have is pretty old, though in good nick. What is the Friday Music version??
All I know Dave is someone from the Cloney forum had a copy and verified that it sounded great with his Electrostatic setup...could have been Derek? Anyway I've seen it in Tower over the last while and it's around the €30.00 mark...I used to have the original but it's long gone;later replaced by an Irish original which does not sound as good as the English original....but I could be wrong, as memory can play tricks... What version have you got Dave?
cybot

Post by cybot »

fergus wrote:Prompted by its recent appearance in another thread I gave this one a spin earlier today....

....and it still sounds great!!
Indeed it does fergus, indeed it does :-))
DaveF

Post by DaveF »

[quote="cybot]What version have you got Dave?[/quote]

I've no idea. The disc itself is in good condition but the cover is a bit tattered in places so there is no way of telling what version I have.
"I may skip. I may even warp a little.... But I will never, ever crash. I am your friend for life. " -Vinyl.
Michell Gyrodec SE, Hana ML cart, Parasound JC3 Jr, Stax LR-700, Stax SRM-006ts Energiser, Quad Artera Play+ CDP
cybot

Post by cybot »

DaveF wrote:[quote="cybot]What version have you got Dave?
I've no idea. The disc itself is in good condition but the cover is a bit tattered in places so there is no way of telling what version I have.[/quote][/quote][/quote]

On the rear my copy it says 'Marketed by Phonogram' and it has the Vertigo label logo visible on the right hand corner; on the Lp label it says 'Phillips' and 'Made in the Republic of Ireland'...confusing or what?!?!!? As far as I can remember my long gone original copy was also marketed by Phonogram but it was on the Mercury label and it was an English pressing...the very same label as the Rush albums used to on;I'm sure the English pressing was a superior one to the Irish on I possess...as Rush used to say....to be continued :-))
DaveF

Post by DaveF »

cybot wrote:
DaveF wrote:[quote="cybot]What version have you got Dave?
I've no idea. The disc itself is in good condition but the cover is a bit tattered in places so there is no way of telling what version I have.
[/quote][/quote]

On the rear my copy it says 'Marketed by Phonogram' and it has the Vertigo label logo visible on the right hand corner; on the Lp label it says 'Phillips' and 'Made in the Republic of Ireland'...confusing or what?!?!!? As far as I can remember my long gone original copy was also marketed by Phonogram but it was on the Mercury label and it was an English pressing...the very same label as the Rush albums used to on;I'm sure the English pressing was a superior one to the Irish on I possess...as Rush used to say....to be continued :-))[/quote][/quote][/quote]

ah, I have the same version as you so. I might pick up the Friday music version at some stage. Side 2 of mine is a bit more scratched than side 1 and I'd really like a good copy of this record.