Jazz - What's your bag, man?

Rock/Blues/Jazz/World/Folk/Country etc.
Seán

Re: Jazz - What's your bag, man?

Post by Seán »

In celebration of the great man's 111th Birthday.
"To appreciate the greatness of the Masters is to keep faith in the greatness of humanity." - Wilhelm Furtwängler
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

Well as I mentioned on the other thread regarding a revived turntable viewtopic.php?f=8&t=113&start=10 I've been happily listening to LPs for the past few hours
One borrowed a while back from Fran

and a few that were nearly forfotten

and veering a little away from jazz (as does Candi)

Vinyl -anything else is data storage.

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable
Fran
Site Admin

Post by Fran »

How are you finding that "ballads" LP Ivor?

Fran
Do or do not, there is no try
cybot

Post by cybot »

Glad to hear you're enjoying the records again :-)
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

Fran wrote:How are you finding that "ballads" LP Ivor?

Fran
Really nice, but Coltrane would be the kind of jazz I'd always be open to anyway. That was only a first listen as well, it's only 11am but the amp is warming already for a good oul' listen later today.
Vinyl -anything else is data storage.

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable
DaveF

Post by DaveF »

"I may skip. I may even warp a little.... But I will never, ever crash. I am your friend for life. " -Vinyl.
Michell Gyrodec SE, Hana ML cart, Parasound JC3 Jr, Stax LR-700, Stax SRM-006ts Energiser, Quad Artera Play+ CDP
Seán

Post by Seán »

"To appreciate the greatness of the Masters is to keep faith in the greatness of humanity." - Wilhelm Furtwängler
mcq

Post by mcq »

Modest wrote:All day just JAZZ

If you like this, do try and locate Two of a Mind, a fantastic album with Gerry Mulligan. In my opinion, it's one of the best things either man recorded. Its rewards don't reveal themselves immediately, but it's one to linger over and savour. For an example of the creative interplay on display on this album, just listen to All The Things You Are:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nlZakBsMqKU
Gryphon Diablo 300, dCS Rossini (with matching clock), Kharma Exquisite Mini, Ansuz C2, Finite Elemente Master Reference.
Modest

Post by Modest »

mcq wrote:
Modest wrote:All day just JAZZ

If you like this, do try and locate Two of a Mind, a fantastic album with Gerry Mulligan. In my opinion, it's one of the best things either man recorded. Its rewards don't reveal themselves immediately, but it's one to linger over and savour. For an example of the creative interplay on display on this album, just listen to All The Things You Are:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nlZakBsMqKU
Thanks for the nice album direction mcq :)
2012 R2 server/JK 32DAC/Audio Innovations L2 preamp/Audio Innovations 800MK3 power/Impulse H2 horn speakers /Linn LP12 ,ittok lvii/Linn Linto/Linn Lingo2 /Avid,Inakustik,Acrotec cables
Derek

Post by Derek »

NigeAmp, NigeSD DAC, Airtight ATM-4, Ruark Accolades, Pink Triangle TT, Roksan Artimiz, Clearaudio Discovery, Tom Evans Microgroove Plus, Fran DAC, Dalkey Audio Interconnects.