Congrats on New Site

Rock/Blues/Jazz/World/Folk/Country etc.
Fran
Site Admin

Re: Congrats on New Site

Post by Fran »

Yes, true..... although I believe they were asked on numerous occasions were they ok with the ads, so there was plenty of opportunities for them to say they weren't happy having the ads there. I believe they allowed that section in the first place.

Still, out of courtesy, it seems to me the logical thing would have been an orderly shut down. That would have given members time to move elsewhere, for people to exchange contact info and so on. Still, it is their site, was their forum, and they can do (and eh, did!) what they like with it.

But anyway, here we are now, we are independent of any commercial concerns and with more freedom of speech. Hopefully we can keep it going, keep it fresh and interesting for everyone. We have recovered nearly everyone from the old forum I think and hopefully will get the few that are missing soon. Our presence has been advertised on other fora, so hopefully we will get many more memebers and active posters too....

Fran
Do or do not, there is no try
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

In fairness to Cloney's theirs was the first forum and the blueprint for this one. A lot of the members here met through the old one and to say I've made good friends through the original and subsequent fora is an understatement. In fact the original was such a success we were determined to continue it. It's all good.
Vinyl -anything else is data storage.

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable
DaveF

Post by DaveF »

tis fierce quiet around these parts today.

I'd certainly agree with Ivor's point above as I'm sure many here would. I was a lurker on the original forum for a good while before I joined and I wouldn't have the system I have today nor the musical knowledge if it werent for the the ol' banter on the ol place.
"I may skip. I may even warp a little.... But I will never, ever crash. I am your friend for life. " -Vinyl.
Michell Gyrodec SE, Hana ML cart, Parasound JC3 Jr, Stax LR-700, Stax SRM-006ts Energiser, Quad Artera Play+ CDP
Fran
Site Admin

Post by Fran »

ditto...

Any more thoughts on the vinyl rig Dave?

Fran
Do or do not, there is no try
jonnyone

Post by jonnyone »

So this is where you are all hanging out I thought Ireland had lost its one and only Hi-Fi forum. Well done to all concerned for getting this site up and running. I know well these things don't happen by themselves!
Looking forward to catching up with old friends and hopefully making some new ones.
Sad news about poor Larzyh I did know he was very ill but still a shock to hear of his passing. Condolences to any of his loved ones or friends who may read this.
cybot

Post by cybot »

Welcome back j1 and nicely expressed sentiments especially about the very sad passing of Lars Peter...
jonnyone

Post by jonnyone »

cybot wrote:Welcome back j1 and nicely expressed sentiments especially about the very sad passing of Lars Peter...
Thanks Rats errrr Cybot
JAW

Post by JAW »

Welcome back, the both of yiz!
fergus

Post by fergus »

Hey guys, great to have you both back on board again!!
To be is to do: Socrates
To do is to be: Sartre
Do be do be do: Sinatra
Gussy Finknottle

Post by Gussy Finknottle »

Well it did take me a good few months to find everybody again,but then i am from Kerry.Its probably a bit late now for congrats on your new site which looks very tasty indeed and congrats !!!.I did email Cloneys a good many times about their down for maintenance logo but no reply,but hey.

Gussy Finknottle
He who dies with the most expensive HiFi wins