What music did you buy/get in the post today?

Rock/Blues/Jazz/World/Folk/Country etc.
DaveF

Re: What music did you buy/get in the post today?

Post by DaveF »

cybot wrote:The 'Are You Experienced' riddle can now be put to bed!! I've just found out that the release that you have Dave is actually exclusive to European customers!! It is indeed a double,just like the '97 remaster...and it's also a Music On Vinyl Sony imprint.
ah just seeing this post now Cybot. Thanks for clearing it up as I was confused too as to what version I really had. Despite having the cover of the 97 remasters, the labelling said its the new 2010 remaster yet I couldnt source this version on the likes of Amazon etc etc. I'm pretty sure there were at least one or two versions in Freebird last weekend when I left.
"I may skip. I may even warp a little.... But I will never, ever crash. I am your friend for life. " -Vinyl.
Michell Gyrodec SE, Hana ML cart, Parasound JC3 Jr, Stax LR-700, Stax SRM-006ts Energiser, Quad Artera Play+ CDP
cybot

Post by cybot »

DaveF wrote:
cybot wrote:The 'Are You Experienced' riddle can now be put to bed!! I've just found out that the release that you have Dave is actually exclusive to European customers!! It is indeed a double,just like the '97 remaster...and it's also a Music On Vinyl Sony imprint.
ah just seeing this post now Cybot. Thanks for clearing it up as I was confused too as to what version I really had. Despite having the cover of the 97 remasters, the labelling said its the new 2010 remaster yet I couldnt source this version on the likes of Amazon etc etc. I'm pretty sure there were at least one or two versions in Freebird last weekend when I left.
Glad to be of help Dave :-)) Oh God,don't tempt me about the copies in Freebird!Would you believe I was listening to my own copies of 'Are You Experienced' at the weekend and I couldn't believe I had two English originals (one without a cover),one Reprise American original with the fantastic alternative sleeve,the '97 remasters and,incredibly a HMV Special Edition box set with notes by Charles Sharr Murray?!?!?! All single Lps except for the remastered one.The best sound is definitely the very first version I got... That's why I was surprised with the brilliant remastering job done on 'Axis....' as it trounced my earlier edition.Still certain people have complained about the excesssive bass on 'Axis...' So do let us know what you think of your latest additions especially on the sound side....
DaveF

Post by DaveF »

cybot wrote:.....people have complained about the excesssive bass on 'Axis...' So do let us know what you think of your latest additions especially on the sound side....
I have listened to Axis as you may have seen on the other thread. I cant say that I noticed any excess bass but then again I'm not familiar with the recording. It definitely had a 'fuller' sound than 'Experienced' though.
"I may skip. I may even warp a little.... But I will never, ever crash. I am your friend for life. " -Vinyl.
Michell Gyrodec SE, Hana ML cart, Parasound JC3 Jr, Stax LR-700, Stax SRM-006ts Energiser, Quad Artera Play+ CDP
cybot

Post by cybot »

DaveF wrote:
cybot wrote:.....people have complained about the excesssive bass on 'Axis...' So do let us know what you think of your latest additions especially on the sound side....
I have listened to Axis as you may have seen on the other thread. I cant say that I noticed any excess bass but then again I'm not familiar with the recording. It definitely had a 'fuller' sound than 'Experienced' though.

Sorry Dave I didn't come across your other thread! Let me go check... Anyway thanks for the above...
DaveF

Post by DaveF »

A few more LP's arrived today.

cybot

Post by cybot »

DaveF wrote:A few more LP's arrived today.

Just seeing this now.... by God Dave, you're cleaning up :-))) Enjoy... Tell us about the Mingus one, won't you and, of course, you know who else :-)))
Seán

Post by Seán »

DaveF wrote:Image
You are turning into a Mingus-Mad Man. That's a very good LP. My young 'uns used to love "Eat That Chicken" and who amongst doesn't like (a) "Wham Bam Thank you Ma'am"?
"To appreciate the greatness of the Masters is to keep faith in the greatness of humanity." - Wilhelm Furtwängler
Gerry D

Post by Gerry D »

Finally took delivery of Massive Attack - Heligoland triple vinyl gatefold from The Vinyl Factory.
Lovely package. It's of a limited edition of 1000 copies.

A good listen. More accessible than 100th window or Unleashed.
Attachments
helioland SE.jpg
helioland SE.jpg (141.1 KiB) Viewed 952 times
"Quality means doing it right when no one is looking" - Henry Ford
cybot

Post by cybot »

Gerry D wrote:Finally took delivery of Massive Attack - Heligoland triple vinyl gatefold from The Vinyl Factory.
Lovely package. It's of a limited edition of 1000 copies.

A good listen. More accessible than 100th window or Unleashed.

Good man Gerry! I picked my own copy up last week from Tower (just happened to be in the right place etc etc). It is very accessable maybe too much so?? Anyway I haven't really got around to listening to it properly, maybe tonight. As I said in a previous post, another example of the perfect Art of vinyl :-))
fergus

Post by fergus »

cybot wrote: .... As I said in a previous post, another example of the perfect Art of vinyl :-))
What's vinyl!?!?!?!?!?!?
To be is to do: Socrates
To do is to be: Sartre
Do be do be do: Sinatra